Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, mrpoude said:

ChinaSandeep sorry to hear you are having the same problem. Have you heard about your case yet? Recently I got an email from NVC Research team saying my case is on the way. And I was really excited but today I got an email from CSC USCIS officer saying "We acknowledge your concern regarding the transfer of your petition to the NVC. Currently, we are experiencing a delay with file transfers to the NVC. Your petition will be forwarded to the NVC as soon as possible. We acknowledge your concern regarding the timeliness of your petition’s file transfer and are doing everything possible to forward cases to the NVC in a timely manner." How the hell they have a delay for certain cases only. I don't know what to do at this point. I still have not contacted my congressman. I actually don't know how to do that. Can you share your experience on how you contacted your congressmen. Thank you, wish you all the best.

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative    Is where you can find your congressperson. I finally found out I now have a NVC case# Tuesday and case is now in transit.  Your congressperson has a website and instructions on how you can inquire. I had to mail mine and was contacted by his director and now she is my point of contact.

1 hour ago, ChinaSandeep said:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative    Is where you can find your congressperson. I finally found out I now have a NVC case# Tuesday and case is now in transit.  Your congressperson has a website and instructions on how you can inquire. I had to mail mine and was contacted by his director and now she is my point of contact.

Hi ChinaSandeep Is your Case in transit to NVC or in transit to Embassy. How you were successful locating your file? Did you locate your file after you contacted your congressman or they sent it themselves? Did you sent a written letter to your congressman? Good luck ! My congressman only have the options to email him. I did that like a month ago still no response. What should I do at this point?Is there anyway I can call him. My zip code 66212.Congressman Kevin Yoder

Edited by mrpoude

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, mrpoude said:

Hi ChinaSandeep Is your Case in transit to NVC or in transit to Embassy. How you were successful locating your file? Did you locate your file after you contacted your congressman or they sent it themselves? Did you sent a written letter to your congressman? Good luck ! My congressman only have the options to email him. I did that like a month ago still no response. What should I do at this point?Is there anyway I can call him. My zip code 66212.Congressman Kevin Yoder

In transit to the Embassy. Once you have the NVC # it's usually in transit to the embassy plus you can track your case using the NVC# at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/  . My initial letter was where I had to fill out a disclosure form and it had space to explain my issue and the agency. I also provided my USCIS number on the formulation. This form gives your representative the right to inquire on your behalf. I don't think they help in the locating of it to much, as the offices were giviving them the same informationas me. But I would like to think it did put pressure on the offices to resolve the issue. So the only letter I mail was the diclosure/inquiry form after that the office called and emailed me.

I would email and send a letter with your information to:

7325 W. 79th St.
Overland Park, KS 66204
ATTN: URGENT- Congressman Yoder District Office
But definitely call the office to ask for help with USCIS, they may have their own way of receiving an inquiry.

Phone: (913) 621-0832 Call their office.
Fax: (913) 621-1533

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/20/2017 at 9:40 PM, PygmyPuff said:

Yes! Go ahead and submit the notification of readiness form before booking the interview!

Do you need the nvc number for the readiness form

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
On December 31, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Reba Mae said:

I was just wondering if you had been in contact with your congressional representative? Our case was stuck between USCIS (NOA2-10/30) and NVC for 6 weeks. Our congressional representative reached out, and it was explained that our case had essentially been put in the wrong pile.  As a result of the call, USCIS corrected their mistake, explained that we should expect it to take an additional 6-8 weeks due to backups, and that it would reach NVC by Dec 31st. Luckily, that wasn't the case, and it got sent out almost immediately, and was moved on to the embassy within the next week. I believe the speed at which it started moving was a direct result of our reps call. If you haven't yet reached out to your congressional rep, or if anyone else reading this is stuck at some stage and hasn't called their rep yet, I strongly suggest doing so. It really seems to help! I'm sure at this point, you've done everything in your powers to help move it along. I just wanted to offer our case as an example, as every little bit of information can be useful in this process.  Good luck and I hope it moves soon!

Could you please help me, how do we contact congressman?where did you find contacts?Our case has been approved 12/4 and still no update.

Timeline

Ds160 submitted today.

UK beneficiary 

Ive read a few times that you can book medical and interview once you have NVC number and DO  OThave to wait until it says in transit or ready.

Has anyone done this with the London Embassy?

What happens if you’re a few days from your interview and nvc still says in transit.

Where will the embassy put your medical results as well if nvc still has your paperwork?

thanks all🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
4 hours ago, CJE said:

Could you please help me, how do we contact congressman?where did you find contacts?Our case has been approved 12/4 and still no update.

I would try going to your Senator's website to find the contact number for their state offices (not d.c.). Give them a call and ask if there is a person who helps with passport and visa issues or something along those lines.  There should be a case worker in their offices who does this. Explain your situation, and if they don't offer to call for you initially, just ask if they can look further into it.  They have a different contact at USCIS than we do and get information faster and it seems more accurate ...or so was my experience. Hope that's helpful! Good luck.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Reba Mae said:

I would try going to your Senator's website to find the contact number for their state offices (not d.c.). Give them a call and ask if there is a person who helps with passport and visa issues or something along those lines.  There should be a case worker in their offices who does this. Explain your situation, and if they don't offer to call for you initially, just ask if they can look further into it.  They have a different contact at USCIS than we do and get information faster and it seems more accurate ...or so was my experience. Hope that's helpful! Good luck.

Thank you for respond, and what's Senators website?

Timeline

Hey all,

Wondering if any of you (who are mostly experienced in this process) can give me a hand with what to do next? I'll list how I see the process, if someone can confirm that I'm correct/incorrect and add anything I've missed, that would be superb.

• We received our NOA2 on 15-Dec-17. I am now calling the NVC to see if they have our case for my case number which I need to book my Medical and Interview (should I be calling them daily? what is the soonest I can book these for as I'm eager to get things done ASAP for a move ASAP. I believe after getting the case number I need, I will be able to book these for a month's time?)
  • My American fiance needs to fill out Affidavit of Support (unsure if this is I-134 or I-864) 
  • My American fiance needs to write an intent to marry letter
  • I need to gather evidence for interview - flight bookings, pictures
  • I need to complete form DS-160
  • Complete the online Notification of Applicant's Readiness Form
  • For the UK Police ACRO Check I need:
    • Proof of address
    • History of address
    • Passport photograph
    • Passport copy
    • Endorser details
    • UK National Insurance and Driving Licence numbers
  • For the medical check I need:
    • Full name and DOB
    • Case number
    • Medical history
    • Police check
    • Interview date
  • For the interview, I need:
    • Passport
    • Birth certificate
    • Police Certificate
    • Medical Check
    • Passport photograph
  • After the interview, if approved, I must wait for them to post my passport back to me. Then, I can fly out from any time

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, or if there is anything I can do to speed this all up! I just want this all done ASAP, as we've been waiting an awfully long time already...

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Melodica256 said:

Hey all,

Wondering if any of you (who are mostly experienced in this process) can give me a hand with what to do next? I'll list how I see the process, if someone can confirm that I'm correct/incorrect and add anything I've missed, that would be superb.

• We received our NOA2 on 15-Dec-17. I am now calling the NVC to see if they have our case for my case number which I need to book my Medical and Interview (should I be calling them daily? what is the soonest I can book these for as I'm eager to get things done ASAP for a move ASAP. I believe after getting the case number I need, I will be able to book these for a month's time?)
  • My American fiance needs to fill out Affidavit of Support (unsure if this is I-134 or I-864) 
  • My American fiance needs to write an intent to marry letter
  • I need to gather evidence for interview - flight bookings, pictures
  • I need to complete form DS-160
  • Complete the online Notification of Applicant's Readiness Form
  • For the UK Police ACRO Check I need:
    • Proof of address
    • History of address
    • Passport photograph
    • Passport copy
    • Endorser details
    • UK National Insurance and Driving Licence numbers
  • For the medical check I need:
    • Full name and DOB
    • Case number
    • Medical history
    • Police check
    • Interview date
  • For the interview, I need:
    • Passport
    • Birth certificate
    • Police Certificate
    • Medical Check
    • Passport photograph
  • After the interview, if approved, I must wait for them to post my passport back to me. Then, I can fly out from any time

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, or if there is anything I can do to speed this all up! I just want this all done ASAP, as we've been waiting an awfully long time already...

Looks like u r not missing anything!!!Any luck on reaching NVC though?Im trying to reach them, but no luck, never got the supervisor!We've been approved 4th December!And did they update your case on website?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CJE said:

Looks like u r not missing anything!!!Any luck on reaching NVC though?Im trying to reach them, but no luck, never got the supervisor!We've been approved 4th December!And did they update your case on website?

I called them today and they said we're not on the system yet, and that they're approving cases from 6 weeks ago. But, I'm allowed to call daily, and I will call daily :)

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Melodica256 said:

I called them today and they said we're not on the system yet, and that they're approving cases from 6 weeks ago. But, I'm allowed to call daily, and I will call daily :)

Am I understanding you right?NVC is approving cases that were approved by USCIS 6 weeks ago,right? so im near there:) And what number do u call them, i start thinking that the number i call is wrong, since I never can reach anybody

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Delays delays delays. NOA2 Nov 21 and still no NVC#. Tried my congressman and that POS is too busy to reply too me I guess. This country's govn SUCKS!! So frustrating.:angry:

Timeline
3 hours ago, CJE said:

Am I understanding you right?NVC is approving cases that were approved by USCIS 6 weeks ago,right? so im near there:) And what number do u call them, i start thinking that the number i call is wrong, since I never can reach anybody

NVC 1(603)334-0700

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Chris2870 said:

Delays delays delays. NOA2 Nov 21 and still no NVC#. Tried my congressman and that POS is too busy to reply too me I guess. This country's govn SUCKS!! So frustrating.:angry:

Had to do an NVC research inquiry on where our approved packet is..blah blah blah. USCIS takes forever to approve them and then sits on them I guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.