Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Good Morning everyone!

Received the tracking email for my visa today and it will be here tomorrow. Unfortunately it looks like I will have to wait for my sons visa so Halloween POE is probably out for us :(

Both happy and sorry to hear this. Have they said how long it will take for the K2? It's frustrating that they can't issue them both at the same time. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

9 hours ago, Sally08 said:

Yes! We were able to re-schedule my fiance's interview from December 1st to November 20! Glad he can have his medical exam in two weeks! I'm hoping everything goes smooth and well. Good luck to everybody!

This is great news! Good luck for the medical and interview ^_^

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Janice_n_Joe said:

Thank you Anj Co, this is helpful. I appreciate it. 

For the appointment, I was wondering on how to set an appointment for me and my kids. They're included in our I-129F application, though.

13 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

I think they just go to interview with you on your appointment day but need a DS-160 submitted for each for each child........  however, I am going to defer to @John & Rose to officially pen an answer to this question.  :D   Wuddya think John????

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Each child must have their own DS-160 or you can follow the directions on the “Thank You” page after the initial submission to create a family or group application. Each child and adult on the petition will have to pay the $265 fee.

You set up one appointment and the kids will go at the same time. The embassy will know that there are multiple beneficiaries. 

Thanx John,

I didn't realize that every single child had a fee also. :blink:   Sheez, how much can they squeeze you for?  This adds up quickly to another grand for a hypothetical mother of 3 plus airfare then AOS......  Is there a cutoff for ages?  Like a less than 5year old (or some other age) doesn't have an interview fee?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline
On 10/20/2017 at 9:42 PM, SegunMatt said:

Thank you so much! Our CEAC status went from 'Application Received' to 'Administrative Processing'. So now we are waiting for it to change to 'Visa Issued' so he can go pick it up. How's everything on your end. I read your post about the further research. Did you follow up?

Ours is reflecting "Administrative Processing" and we have been advised to let them finish their process with no timeline. They have not asked for anything nor advised of any defect. Alina did say that the coordinator mentioned something about doing some research. Looks like it is back to being patient . . . hurry up and wait, yadda yadda.

16 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Thanx John,

I didn't realize that every single child had a fee also. :blink:   Sheez, how much can they squeeze you for?  This adds up quickly to another grand for a hypothetical mother of 3 plus airfare then AOS......  Is there a cutoff for ages?  Like a less than 5year old (or some other age) doesn't have an interview fee?

Yes.  Medical x 3 and DS-160 x 3 for me.  If we can get to medical before January I can save a little with Aira because she is 14 now.  I’m looking at 85,000 php right now if they can get medical before Aira’s 15th birthday.  Then add the flights for 3 and it does add up quickly!  I’m not sure about the DS-160 fee age cutoff.  I will look into that so I will have an answer in the future.  I know the medical is 17,025 php for 15 and older and 9,583 php for 14 and younger.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Good morning everyone!! Question for my all-knowing Aprilites... once our fiance's arrive, is there anything we need to do before we get married? I've been so focused on the visa that I haven't thought beyond that. As always, thanks for your Intel!

3 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Good morning everyone!! Question for my all-knowing Aprilites... once our fiance's arrive, is there anything we need to do before we get married? I've been so focused on the visa that I haven't thought beyond that. As always, thanks for your Intel!

I know my fiance said that we should get my SSN first before getting married as it will make the rest of the process easier in terms of the AP and AOS application..  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

How do you get the SSN without being married first?

You take your paperwork and visa in and get the initial SSN issued on that using your original name since that is the name that will be in the system. That then allows you to go back and do a name change at the SS office to allow you to go get drivers licenses or state id and other papers in the new name (if you change) while waiting on AP/AOS stuff.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, Estibaliz said:

My POE went smoothly. Dallas seems to be a good POE, since people were aware of how a K1 works and all of them were really polite and nice. Of course, having Gary there with me might have helped a bit :)

I'll add the review on my profile soon, but the only thing that comes to mind right now, since we were talking about it before with @S*UK, is the fact they didn't want my X-Rays sealed in the envelope when I handed it over with the K1 visa package. The immigration officer said they didn't need it and just to keep it for my records. Of course I'll do that in case they might ask for it while AOSing (since we know they sometimes lose things and stuff :P).

Welcome to the US!!!!   Happy to have you here and to know that it all went well for you!!!  :D

3 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

You take your paperwork and visa in and get the initial SSN issued on that using your original name since that is the name that will be in the system. That then allows you to go back and do a name change at the SS office to allow you to go get drivers licenses or state id and other papers in the new name (if you change) while waiting on AP/AOS stuff.

OMG! Thanks guys I was clueless about this process is there a form like the I-129f or a website I can read about with cheklist and everything?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, spike198 said:

7 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

How do you get the SSN without being married first?

There's a guide here on VJ to help you out with that part too. Actually, I've just finished printing all my paperwork and forms to go and try to get my SSN today. The i94 is ready, so I guess it depends on the SSN having the info updated on their system too. I'll let you know how that goes.

Also I'm not changing my name after getting married, so no need to come back there until EAD issued, I think... so having my SSN number will be useful to add me to the rental contract and to get me a bank account ASAP. Yay!

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you! Happy too... although a bit jet lagged yet and had been crazy busy with unpacking and all that stuff, like getting me an American phone number :)

I don't really have a POE picture, since Gary was travelling with me, but here's what I have... 

Jaime was so happy to be back at home, since he stayed on the animal hospital while Gary was in Spain :D

vj.jpg

So nice to see you two, together at last!!!!  :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.