Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, vcpdragon said:

My goodness ya'll, what a day. So as you all are aware Moscow isn't moving as quickly as they were. I woke up this morning to an email from the Embassy basically encouraging us to look for an embassy outside of Russia for faster processing. I put a call into US Embassy in Finland and spoke with a lady who gave me the email address to write about transfer. So I wrote the email and really got a little excited because Finland doesn't process that many Visa's really, so interview date would be pretty quick, but then there's the language barrier. Kseniia's English is a little lacking, so there's a bit of concern for Embassy in Helsinki. Well we talked about it and by about noon we are thinking it is a good move. Ok so I get home and login to check and what do ya know .. Interview date in Moscow for December 19 <_<. Well I booked it, but now I bet I get an email Monday about case being transferred to Finland ... Oh what to do what to do. Finland would be great because most likely we would get a date real quick, but I haven't heard much on Finland and the CO's there and what if they don't have translator .. which would leave me translating and my Russian isn't the best either. I know enough to get by but I am not fluent by any means ... what would you all do in my position, especially if Finland would accept the case? 

I had an interview in Finland when I lived in Estonia but it was 17 years ago. I can tell it was not a nice experience. The lady there was very rude and even refused to make an interview with me just because I brought a friend who lived in Finland and could speak Finnish, Estonian, and Russian. My English was not perfect, so I was afraid to miss something or misunderstood and I thought she can help me with translation in this case. All other stuff at the embassy was nice and tried to help me. So our argument with her was in English that proved I can communicate but was very nervous and stressed. Finally, she agreed to talk to me, then she read all our correspondence that I brought and went though all the pictures. She was asking me questions about my ex-husband that I have been divorced for more than 10 years, stating I want to move to the USA and bring him here (although he already re-married by that time). Questions like "Why does my fiancée want to marry me not an American woman" di not make me feel better either. It was a long time ago and I am pretty sure she does not work there anymore but if you asked me I would prefer to have an interview in Russia, of course.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

that is what i know, and can share... anyway , you can ask any profeccional advice, or girls that have had their interview approved already in Manila

1.) The most important is your hard copy of I-797 form, you will use it for AOS. for an interview email copy enough ... 2 weeks after NOA2 you can start to call NVC and know your NVC case number , so you can track case status on CEAC.

2.) The K-1 beneficiary must attend the interview along with any K-2 children included on the same I-129F petition.  Check with the U.S. embassy near you for specific rules about fiancé visa interview

3.) you need Certifacate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) for an interview, with  other required documents

4.) this is for work then, your personal circumstance, if you will work ... but to the visa to-1 is irrelevant.

Good luck ! :)

Thank you Tatiana&DS. I appreciate it.

Timeline
7 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Hope this helps.   Good luck to you and speedy POE

Thank you Anj Co, this is helpful. I appreciate it. 

For the appointment, I was wondering on how to set an appointment for me and my kids. They're included in our I-129F application, though.

Timeline
4 hours ago, alaris said:

I had an interview in Finland when I lived in Estonia but it was 17 years ago. I can tell it was not a nice experience. The lady there was very rude and even refused to make an interview with me just because I brought a friend who lived in Finland and could speak Finnish, Estonian, and Russian. My English was not perfect, so I was afraid to miss something or misunderstood and I thought she can help me with translation in this case. All other stuff at the embassy was nice and tried to help me. So our argument with her was in English that proved I can communicate but was very nervous and stressed. Finally, she agreed to talk to me, then she read all our correspondence that I brought and went though all the pictures. She was asking me questions about my ex-husband that I have been divorced for more than 10 years, stating I want to move to the USA and bring him here (although he already re-married by that time). Questions like "Why does my fiancée want to marry me not an American woman" di not make me feel better either. It was a long time ago and I am pretty sure she does not work there anymore but if you asked me I would prefer to have an interview in Russia, of course.

Yes, We have decided to wait for the interview in Russia. I think it will be better for my fiance; she'll be more comfortable. :D Thank You for your input! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

well, friends, first Kseniia has to learn all answers in English . it is not difficult, and she has time enough till waiting the interview 19 December.  

in U.S. embassy in Moscow  the officer most likely, before the oath, will ask her what language you were communicating with your fiance, and offers to speak the same language, ....at least I know this from several people and I also had.

in Finland, she should speak fluent English, like in any another European country, because they do not know Russian specifics and assume that a person should be fluent in English or language of the country, while in Moscow they are already familiar with all the nuances in advance, she will much easier to talk.

if I were you, I would do it that way

No doubt about it! :D

Timeline
1 hour ago, Janice_n_Joe said:

Thank you Anj Co, this is helpful. I appreciate it. 

For the appointment, I was wondering on how to set an appointment for me and my kids. They're included in our I-129F application, though.

I think they just go to interview with you on your appointment day but need a DS-160 submitted for each for each child........  however, I am going to defer to @John & Rose to officially pen an answer to this question.  :D   Wuddya think John????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

how will my fiancé get his appointment letter? the one he has to bring to his medical? is it after I pay his visa fee online?....or is it after they process it from the NVC? I wish there was a general idea of how long until they get the instructions packet, i have read that some people in Jamaica never get theres but if it never comes how do they do their medical without it?

7 minutes ago, Kay18 said:

how will my fiancé get his appointment letter? the one he has to bring to his medical? is it after I pay his visa fee online?....or is it after they process it from the NVC? I wish there was a general idea of how long until they get the instructions packet, i have read that some people in Jamaica never get theres but if it never comes how do they do their medical without it?

You make your own appointment online and pay the fee. Once you make the appointment you'll get an email confirming it's paid, the day of the appointment, etc. Your fiancé should print it and take it to medical. Not sure if an actual letter ever gets sent.. packet 3 was sent to us via email

Timeline
On 10/22/2017 at 1:52 AM, Tatiana&D.S. said:

yeah)) i remember when you have been waiting and getting upset because of long process, we all told that it is too long and hard waiting, told you keep your beautiful smile ), that your day will come soon, ...) and then it came , like for everyone of us here ))) 

... no more stress   :)

Exactly! I'm very excited because he will be having his medical exam in 2 weeks! so I'm happy everything turned out well. You're very sweet thanks Tatiana. Good luck on your journey! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Morning everyone!

Received the tracking email for my visa today and it will be here tomorrow. Unfortunately it looks like I will have to wait for my sons visa so Halloween POE is probably out for us :(

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

1 minute ago, Salty2305 said:

Good Morning everyone!

Received the tracking email for my visa today and it will be here tomorrow. Unfortunately it looks like I will have to wait for my sons visa so Halloween POE is probably out for us :(

So sorry to hear that! how weird that you wouldn't get it at the same time. Hopefully it will not be far behind!! xx

11 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

I think they just go to interview with you on your appointment day but need a DS-160 submitted for each for each child........  however, I am going to defer to @John & Rose to officially pen an answer to this question.  :D   Wuddya think John????

Each child must have their own DS-160 or you can follow the directions on the “Thank You” page after the initial submission to create a family or group application. Each child and adult on the petition will have to pay the $265 fee.

You set up one appointment and the kids will go at the same time. The embassy will know that there are multiple beneficiaries. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sally08 said:

Exactly! I'm very excited because he will be having his medical exam in 2 weeks! so I'm happy everything turned out well. You're very sweet thanks Tatiana. Good luck on your journey! :-)

Thank you so much, Sally !!! I wish you great luck for a medical exam, interview, a lot of joyful emotions, and that your love for each other grows every day, always !

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.