11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

hello VJ

I would like to inquire about people with experience and what could be the possible questions  immigration officers  in the POE asking the new comer on a K1 fiance visa?

is there anybody with experience and with ideas.

does the immigration officer ask the same questions CO officer ask during the interview?

thank you

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Filed: Other Timeline

My experience: JFK Nov of last year 2016: Activating Diversity Visa visa. Just me and my eldest son.

Questions asked: "Are you married?" (since i came with just my son, my wife was not with me). The officer was curious why i came just with my son - since i think on his system i have a wife and another child. 

And that is about it though, nothing else i can remember that. The officer did not say much. Then i was free to go.

Second PoE at LAX (within 1 year of GC activation):

"How long were you out of the country?"
"What was the purpose of your trip abroad?"
"You know that a lot of people want this green card. if we give it to you, we can take it away"
"How long will you stay  in the USA this time?" - i answered "until i get my re-entry permit"

"Are you sure you will get the re-entry permit?" - i answered "nothing in the rules that says i am not qualified for the re-entry permit"

Then i was ushered into secondary inspection. Waited around 40 minutes before i was free to go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

When I traveled to US on my K1 visa II arrived at POE Miami and I waited for like 2 hours in secondary room for my K1 papers to reviewed and "interviewed".  I was the last person to be checked that night and the officer (an old man) asked me tons of questions about my future spouse. How long did I know this person? When would we get married? If I knew this person very well, etc. That kinda surprised me and shocked me at same time.

Then he said that he was asking these questions because he sees all the time people coming on this visa without knowing the USC well and then he sees them leave or other weird things happen, etc. I told this officer that I knew my future husband pretty well for a couple years so I know his good things and also "bad" things. LOL Then he smiled at me saying everything was ok with my papers. My now husband was all worried waiting outside in the arrival area, and I couldnt even tell him all was ok. They kinda dont let you use your phone in the secondary room.

Timeline

wow, looks like the immigration officers are pretty tough as CO as well. so is it they look for a way to deny you or they just want to find out if you are eleigible for entry?

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Timeline

congrajulations for your visa . im about having a k1 interview soon-in algeria- & i would like to know about your experience & questions in the day of your interview . thank u by advance :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys my POE was at JFK, New York and it was 2 hours of long queue to reach the Immigration Officer.

1. He asked my fiancee's name and her date of birth and city she's from

2. On the immigration form i gave a New York address. He said your fiancee is from Ohio and why are you giving New York address. I said my cousin resides in NY and i"ll be spending the weekend here and next week i"ll travel to Ohio

3. He asked for the sealed envelope. He opened it and scribbled on a paper and then he took the sealed envelope package and asked me to follow him and he took me into a room where 4-5 other immigration officers were present and i was asked to wait at the waiting area for my name to be called. I was sitting there for about 10 minutes and the lady at counter called out my name and i went to the desk and she said welcome to the united states and handed over my passport ( I seriously dont know why they did that...while i was in the queue i did notice they did that with other people with sealed envelope as well..guessing they were K1 applicants too)

4. Baggage and exit :) 

But honestly, you dont have to worry at allll..just be cool and everything will be alright :) Good Luck :) 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

9 hours ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

hello VJ

I would like to inquire about people with experience and what could be the possible questions  immigration officers  in the POE asking the new comer on a K1 fiance visa?

is there anybody with experience and with ideas.

does the immigration officer ask the same questions CO officer ask during the interview?

thank you

Hey :) To keep things simple, I believe whatever questions that a CO might ask at a K-1 interview, those are the same questions that a CBP officer might potentially ask. I hope you have a smooth entry at your choice of POE. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Post moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports.

You can check POE reviews here http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

17 hours ago, Tawfik & Marzanna said:

wow, looks like the immigration officers are pretty tough as CO as well. so is it they look for a way to deny you or they just want to find out if you are eleigible for entry?

They are not looking to deny you but mainly looking to see if you are genuine.

There was a case on here about a month ago where a guy got a K1 visa to get married to his fiance in the USA. He flew to his POE in the USA and was asked specifically "Are you going to get married?" and he answered flippantly "I may get married or I may not get married". Because of his answer and I guess the way he answered it he was denied entry into the USA, then he was mad and surprised he got denied entry. 

The point I am making is just to be yourself and you will be fine. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Bren9218 said:

congrajulations for your visa . im about having a k1 interview soon-in algeria- & i would like to know about your experience & questions in the day of your interview . thank u by advance :)

I wish you the best luck for your interview and I hope you will be approved.

my experience was a long journey the CO officer interviewed me for one hour and actionally Iwas the last one to leave the embassy and finally Iwas approved.

the CO asked me about everything:

-how I met my fiancee,

- questions about my fiancee (name, date of birth, address, phone number)

- he viewed the photos in the album an asked me about the the engagement ceremony

-my parent view about my fiancee

-how my fiancee feels about my religion, how I feel about here religion.

-why I was denied a visa to USA.

-why I applied for lottery

-when we gonna have the wedding

-where I am going to stay when in USA

-how much money my fiancee make, and what she does for living and where

-and when our relationship exactly started to be a romantic.

so these were the main questions asked during the interview and he was tough but during the interview we  mean me and the CO we talked and we laughed and we joked so it was like a friendly talk and he liked me. well that is why he approved me.

I wish you all th best and dont be stressed or afraid the CO if you talk to him and asked him about his day you will also made him at ease and give him a nice impact about and that ou are easy going person.

my advice, no matter what dont lie say the truth they way how it is they apprecaite it so much and they dont use the situation against you.

thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.