Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, psg052813 said:

Hello All - My wife and I had our interview at the Holtsville, NY center yesterday. We reached there at 1.30pm and checked-in for a 1.50pm appointment for both of us. My wife was called 1st at 3.20 pm separately and I was called in 3.45pm.

The officer in-charge is a Turkish American gentleman and was very courteous and knowledgeable. We discussed various topics including my visit to his ancestral land of Turkey and his awareness of everything Indian - politics, caste, religion, economic growth. 

He asked me to take the oath of honesty in the beginning of our conversation to which i said I do. He then took my civics, English and history test

1. How old to be voting 2. Ocean to the west 3. why 13 stripes on the flag 4. Name of the Anthem 5. how many amendments 6. When do we vote for President.

English read - Who is George Washington English Write - Washington is the first president.

Then he asked me regarding my arrest record which happened in September 2013. This was a DUI related arrest and later on I pleaded guilty to an amended charge of reckless operation of motor vehicle. I gave him the certified court disposition documents and police records. I had answered yes to the arrest and no to the convicted and charged questions in the original application. He changed those "No" to "Yes" and had me sign on the change. 

Then he asked me other yes/no questions and then in the end he asked me if my details are correct such as name, address, date of birth etc. I confirmed and signed once again.

At the end he gave me the paper with "Passed the test" but "Decision cannot be made document" and he verbally said they would need to review the court documents and the arrest record complicates the matter which is otherwise simple. Our conversation lasted until 4.20 pm, so a 35-40 minute in total.

When I came out, my wife was sitting out and text everyone in her friend and family circle to update her own status that she passed and has been put inline for the oath. Both USCIS accounts show the update for her. For me it says "attended interview".

I am not sure what will happen and how long they will take to make a decision and most importantly will they deny my application due to the past arrest.

Any suggestions, recommendations or feedback is appreciated.

regards,

Psg052813

Something similar has happened to my husband. His arrest was in 2004, we only had the court record with us. 2 weeks after we got a letter asking for the court transcript and a certified court disposition. We managed to get the court disposition but the court transcript wasn’t available bc supposably they only keep them for 7 years (per NY state law that’s what we were told) so we asked them for a papers stating that no court transcript was available bc of the law. We made an infopass appt and we took that paper together with the court disposition to the Holtsville office (Long Island, ny) and about a month later I think he got the notification that he was placed in line for oath and 2 weeks after he got his oath date. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 12:16 PM, psg052813 said:

Hello All - My wife and I had our interview at the Holtsville, NY center yesterday. We reached there at 1.30pm and checked-in for a 1.50pm appointment for both of us. My wife was called 1st at 3.20 pm separately and I was called in 3.45pm.

The officer in-charge is a Turkish American gentleman and was very courteous and knowledgeable. We discussed various topics including my visit to his ancestral land of Turkey and his awareness of everything Indian - politics, caste, religion, economic growth. 

He asked me to take the oath of honesty in the beginning of our conversation to which i said I do. He then took my civics, English and history test

1. How old to be voting 2. Ocean to the west 3. why 13 stripes on the flag 4. Name of the Anthem 5. how many amendments 6. When do we vote for President.

English read - Who is George Washington English Write - Washington is the first president.

Then he asked me regarding my arrest record which happened in September 2013. This was a DUI related arrest and later on I pleaded guilty to an amended charge of reckless operation of motor vehicle. I gave him the certified court disposition documents and police records. I had answered yes to the arrest and no to the convicted and charged questions in the original application. He changed those "No" to "Yes" and had me sign on the change. 

Then he asked me other yes/no questions and then in the end he asked me if my details are correct such as name, address, date of birth etc. I confirmed and signed once again.

At the end he gave me the paper with "Passed the test" but "Decision cannot be made document" and he verbally said they would need to review the court documents and the arrest record complicates the matter which is otherwise simple. Our conversation lasted until 4.20 pm, so a 35-40 minute in total.

When I came out, my wife was sitting out and text everyone in her friend and family circle to update her own status that she passed and has been put inline for the oath. Both USCIS accounts show the update for her. For me it says "attended interview".

I am not sure what will happen and how long they will take to make a decision and most importantly will they deny my application due to the past arrest.

Any suggestions, recommendations or feedback is appreciated.

regards,

Psg052813

Looks like USCIS works on Saturday too. An hour back I got 3 text messages regarding updates to my case.  I logged in and saw 3 activities.

1. We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

2. Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

3. We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXxxxxxxxxx, be approved. On October 27, 2018, your case was submitted for quality review.

i guess this was a surprise and now hopefully it will turn into oath scheduled soon.

regards,

psg052813

Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 2:56 PM, psg052813 said:

Looks like USCIS works on Saturday too. An hour back I got 3 text messages regarding updates to my case.  I logged in and saw 3 activities.

1. We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

2. Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

3. We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOEXxxxxxxxxx, be approved. On October 27, 2018, your case was submitted for quality review.

i guess this was a surprise and now hopefully it will turn into oath scheduled soon.

regards,

psg052813

A text message today at 3pm EST - We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

Let's see what date comes in the mail or on my other USCIS account where they update the documents!

regards,

psg052813

Timeline
17 hours ago, psg052813 said:

A text message today at 3pm EST - We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

Let's see what date comes in the mail or on my other USCIS account where they update the documents!

regards,

psg052813

This morning my oath scheduling document showed up in my account after a text message update. It is scheduled for 11/8 at the central Islip location - 100 Federal Plaza, Central Islip, NY - 11722. The scheduled time is 8.30am.

If all goes well then next weekend my wife and I will be US citizens :)

regards,

Psg052813

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does anyone know how soon after the N-400 Interview do you get an appointment date for the Oath Ceremony? I will be heading overseas three weeks after the interview. I will not have the green card If I am scheduled for the Oath ceremony before that.

Timeline
6 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

Does anyone know how soon after the N-400 Interview do you get an appointment date for the Oath Ceremony? I will be heading overseas three weeks after the interview. I will not have the green card If I am scheduled for the Oath ceremony before that.

@NYCruiser, if you look at my posts, in one of them i did a statistical analysis for NYC area. This was for how long it takes for Oath to happen after interview. It is pretty detailed and will answer your question. The link is here for the post - 

For me the interview was on 10/23 and I have been invited to the oath on 11/8 i.e. roughly 12 business days and including weekend it is 16 days later.

Edited by psg052813

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, nybpc said:

That’s great news! Congrats! Hope ours are on their way too!

Awesome news. When was your priority date?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting for my interview notice and getting the "your case is taking longer than expected" message! It has been almost three weeks now. So discouraging. :-(

Timeline
15 hours ago, psg052813 said:

@NYCruiser, if you look at my posts, in one of them i did a statistical analysis for NYC area. This was for how long it takes for Oath to happen after interview. It is pretty detailed and will answer your question. The link is here for the post - 

For me the interview was on 10/23 and I have been invited to the oath on 11/8 i.e. roughly 12 business days and including weekend it is 16 days later.

Many thanks for your information and statistical prediction analysis. Appreciate the work it took. 

That's what I was afraid of...the notice will come in the middle of my overseas trip...:-(

I think I will just tell the Immigration Officer at the Interview about my trips and hope for the best

22 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

You don’t give the green card up until the Oath Ceremony, so you should be good. The thing is, don’t try to reschedule your oath appointment because with all the USCIS incompetence, it took someone I know a year and half to get another appt.

Naturalization

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Package Filed

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Biometrics Reused

Day 038 - 02/03/2024 Interview Notice

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 N-400 Interview

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 Oath Scheduled

Day 117 - 04/22/2024 Oath Ceremony

ROC 

Day 000 - 10/04/2021 Package mailed

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 Package arrived at Phoenix PO Box

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 NOA1 Date

Day 004 - 10/08/2021 Credit card charged

Day 012 - 10/16/2021 NOA1 Received

Day 016 - 10/20/2021 Notification that biometrics were waived

Day 035 - 11/08/2021 Biometrics waived NOA received

Day 696 - 08/31/2023 NOA Approval Received

Day 702 - 09/06/2023 Green card in hand

AOS 

Day 000 - 04/08/2019 Package mailed

Day 001 - 04/09/2019 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex

Day 010 - 04/17/2019 Check cashed

Day 035 - 05/12/2019 NOA1 received in the mail

Day 047 - 05/24/2019 Biometrics notice received in the mail for 06/05/2019

Day 051 - 05/28/2019 Biometrics - Early walk-in

Day 119 - 08/02/2019 InfoPass to apply for Emergency AP (Approved)

Day 120 - 08/03/2019 EAD Card in production

Day 179 - 10/03/2019 Interview Notice

Day 213 - 11/06/2019 Interview 

Day 219 - 11/12/2019 I-130 & I-485 Approval Notice Received (Approved 11/06/2019)

Day 220 - 11/13/2019 Email Notification (Card was mailed)

Day 221 - 11/14/2019 Green card in hand

Timeline
9 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

I am just hoping the notice for the Oath Ceremony does not come within 15 days after my interview since I will be away for two weeks

I am not a betting man but if you are leaving right after your interview and will come back in exactly after 2 weeks, then You should be ok with the oath. Btw When is your interview scheduled? Remember the month of November has 3 bank holidays and December traditionally has a lot of people take time off. 

Cheers,

Psg052813

Timeline
4 hours ago, psg052813 said:

I am not a betting man but if you are leaving right after your interview and will come back in exactly after 2 weeks, then You should be ok with the oath. Btw When is your interview scheduled? Remember the month of November has 3 bank holidays and December traditionally has a lot of people take time off. 

Cheers,

Psg052813

Thank you PSG. My interview is on November 8th. I will be leaving on Nov 24th. It would be optimal if the Oath Ceremony could be in mid-December onwards. I will let the IO know about the dates I will be out.

Thanks

David

Timeline
17 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

Thank you PSG. My interview is on November 8th. I will be leaving on Nov 24th. It would be optimal if the Oath Ceremony could be in mid-December onwards. I will let the IO know about the dates I will be out.

Thanks

David

Hello David - thanks for sharing your travel plan. I would recommend you go through your complete interview and when they approve you at the end of it, at that time you should mention your up coming travel and see if your oath can be expedited keeping that in mind. 

2 possible outcomes

1. Expedited oath, expedited passport followed by your travel. 

2. They already know your travel plans and therefore oath will be scheduled after you come back. 

Hope this helps.

regards, 

Psg052813

Edited by psg052813

Timeline
1 hour ago, psg052813 said:

Hello David - thanks for sharing your travel plan. I would recommend you go through your complete interview and when they approve you at the end of it, at that time you should mention your up coming travel and see if your oath can be expedited keeping that in mind. 

2 possible outcomes

1. Expedited oath, expedited passport followed by your travel. 

2. They already know your travel plans and therefore oath will be scheduled after you come back. 

Hope this helps.

regards, 

Psg052813

Thanks for the information. Since we used online application, there is a upload documents. I wonder if I should just upload the PDF of the tickets, so they know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.