Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrT said:

Manhattan. Just found out the date, it's going to be November 24. Maybe I'll see you there, @Gijo12 😊

Hahaha fingers crossed tho I won't get my hopes up 😁

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 10/15/2020 at 12:28 AM, simsim2 said:

At last, here's my experience for my oath ceremony at the Manhattan Office on 10/07/2020. 

My oath ceremony was scheduled for 1PM and a line had already formed at security when I arrived at 12:30PM. The guard told us to come back closer to 12:45PM to go through security. At 12:45PM, I went through security and was sent to the 3rd Fl, if my memory serves me well. Oath ceremonies for the Brooklyn and Queens offices were in a separate room. 

I followed the signage indicating where the ceremony would take place, and got in line to check in. As usual, social distancing was respected. I got to the check-in window, which is directly in the oath room and was asked for: 

• All cards issued by USCIS that I have in my possession (EADs, APs, Green Cards, etc) 
  • My oath notice
  • The form attached with my interview letter 

I gave all of this, and then had 3 questions about COVID (Do you have symptoms, have you been in contact with a Covid case, have you been instructed to self quarantine). The officer then proceeded to ask me the questions that I was asked on the form attached to my oath notice and to confirm the answers provided. She then asked me if I had travelled out of state or internationally in the past 14 days. "No, ma'am, as much as I want to be in Miami right now, I kept my butt in NY because there was no way I am missing this!" 

Let me pause here to give you all two anecdotes from other people at my oath ceremony. Two applicants were denied their oath ceremony because they did not respect NYS-imposed self-quarantine. One came from Miami, FL the morning of the ceremony, and one came from South Carolina 8 days before the ceremony. As much as we all want to leave NY during these horrid times, we should all be making an effort to make sure to stay in NYS for 14 days prior to our oaths. The way I look at it, this is much much much more important than a vacation. And don't get me started with how everyone should be responsible and quarantine when they come from a high risk place... But I digress. In both cases, the officers were nice about it and explained that the applicants should be in quarantine and will not be naturalized on that day. One took it well, the other one not so well. 

After these questions, I was given my naturalization certificate and was shown to a seat. The room was pretty big and had 60-ish seats, all 6-ft apart. We ended up being only 28 people being naturalized that day. 

On my seat, I found an envelope for my naturalization certificate, a letter from the President, a pamphlet about the responsibilities of a citizen, a passport application, and a little card with the oath of naturalization, the pledge of allegiance, and the anthem. I got seated around 1:05PM and waited for the ceremony to begin. 

At 1:30PM, we were told that we should get started shortly and were waiting for one more applicant, who turned out to be the South Carolina person. When she exited the room, an officer kicked off the ceremony by giving us a few guidelines for after we are naturalized: 

• Wait 4-6 weeks before updating SSA records due to COVID 
  • You will need an appointment to visit SSA Office 
  • You can apply for your passport right away 

She then gave a little speech about the importance of naturalization, and that even though this may not look like the ceremonies from pre-COVID with friends and family, this was important nonetheless. She then made us rise, raise our right hand and repeat the oath of naturalization after her. 

Just like that I was reborn into a (Franco-)American! 

We then exited the room row by row and we were done!!

Happy to answer any questions that you may have :)

Congratulations!! And thanks for the detailed write-up. I had no idea it was necessary to visit SSA office after naturalization.

And don't forget to register to vote!

Edited by NYBEtt
Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
10 hours ago, MrT said:

Manhattan. Just found out the date, it's going to be November 24. Maybe I'll see you there, @Gijo12 😊

Nice !!! I am scheduled for 9am. Congrats again!!!

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

Things seem to be rolling in the Long Island Area, as you can see on the picture attached 2 days ago they were processing October 2018 applications, and yesterday it jumped from October 2018 to March 2019 along with a change on the estimated time range which was 11-24months to now 11 to 19.5months. I presume that at this rate we should start seeing some notices go out very soon, maybe within the next few weeks.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 5.24.48 PM.png

Is it me or Has USCIS made it completely impossible to speak with a representative? I almost had a fight with this damm automated voice lady. I think they really not trying to pick up phone calls. It has been 90days since my ACS opened and no update regarding my Biometrics. Is there another way of contacting them regarding the issue?

Timeline

Hi guys I had my interview today at the javits in Manhattan. I decision could not be made .. I been married for 10 yrs but only got Gc 3 yrs the offficer wanted joint bank statement and lease agreement,copy of both me and my spouse Driver license,my son birth certificate,a letter from our jobs saying the information we put down when applying for the job examples marital status emergencies contact etc , and 3 yrs tax return which I gave him because I had it..

my problem is we do not have a joint bank account. And we lived in my husband mom building rent free for 2 yrs when I just got here so no lease how do I solve this??? 

I will leave a next review of my experience later . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 7:35 AM, inthebigapple said:

Hello! Did anyone in the Brooklyn office get any updates on interview re-scheduling?

I haven't been scheduled for interview yet. Filed May 2020 - brooklyn -- nothing since initial notice of receiving my application. Radio silence for ~6 months so far.

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

8 hours ago, abfar said:

I haven't been scheduled for interview yet. Filed May 2020 - brooklyn -- nothing since initial notice of receiving my application. Radio silence for ~6 months so far.

oh yeah, i mean, you're quite far from that moment unfortunately. I get the impression from the forum that they are currently scheduling Aug/Sept 2019 for Brooklyn -- And still late July / Aug for Manhattan

I am October 2019 in Manhattan, and nothing (but I think that's standard)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, cacolac323 said:

oh yeah, i mean, you're quite far from that moment unfortunately. I get the impression from the forum that they are currently scheduling Aug/Sept 2019 for Brooklyn -- And still late July / Aug for Manhattan

I am October 2019 in Manhattan, and nothing (but I think that's standard)

Ah yeah I figured that out after going through the last few pages here the other night and am mentally prepared for another 10 months if nothing :/

my case is probably double complicated as I've since moved to another state while yet to receive even the biometric date and if they mess anything up during my case transfer from NY to TX it'll take even longer. Meh

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Timeline

Hi I got rfe at my n400 interview has anyone gotten this and he told me to just bring the documents back and that I don’t need an appointment my question is will I be doing a next interview when I return the documents or is it just to drop them off ??? 

Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, Gijo12 said:

I just had my interview today. Checked in on time in the morning at 9:20am and I was called in an hour. A lot of people in the morning.

The officer was a little bit cool . We went straight to Oath once I got to the office and officer asked for my green card, SSN , ID, and passport.  We went ahead to the Civic test, English and written test. Next, the officer started going through the questions on the application and focused on my unemployment history (2 months unemployed), asked how I was able to support myself. I said I was using my savings and supported by my husband. Then continues to go through all questions. Signed the iPad for the changes made on the application. Officer next asked for my 2019 tax return and all joint banking statement. Then I was giving the result : I passed the English and written test. But it said “A decision cannot yet be made” saying I will get a letter from the mail. Then she led me out and I saw her eyes smile saying have a nice day. Omg what does that mean... I’m worried now.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, Sherja said:

My interview is next week but 1 question Do I need to bring joint bank statement? I’m applying on 3 yr rule because I have been here 4 yrs and about 6 months 

On 10/14/2020 at 6:37 AM, Amazinggrace123 said:

Suggest print out the statement and with it, just in case.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:08 PM, Gijo12 said:

Yes I applied on 3yrs rule and waited a year for the interview. Maybe you can bring updated statements for other supporting that you have used before when applying for conditional removal. 
Couple of members here advised me to bring the supporting between the date your applied and interview date. I did submit a lot when applied. But it all depends on your officer. I am glad I went prepared. The officer I had asked me for 2019 tax return and if I had any joint account statements. I gave the officer an updated mortgage statement, an updated bank statement, a copy of beneficiary on IRA account.....hope this help

Timeline

I had my interview last Thursday and got rfe I brought the requested documents today and after a few hours my status change to in line for oat ceremony. And I saw documents tab say your application has been approved.

just a few point I applied on 3 yrs rule the officer was very interested in my marriage like least agreement, my son birthpaper, bank statement,insurance, and it’s weird but he ask me to get a letter from my job  and spouse job stating the date if employment and a copy of information I put down when applying like emergency contact and marital status . He wanted 3 yrs of everything with both names . Be prepared bring a copy of everything just in case . And good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.