Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

What is your field office in NY ? There are like 3 in the NYC area. You will probably see some movement on your case this month or maybe next month. You can call USCIS and talk to a level 2 officer ( request the customer rep politely that you want to talk to an actual immigration officer) and ask him/her what the internal status of your case is. They have access to the internal systems and may tell you where your file is.

Not too sure how I can tell which field office it is, I live in Queens and that is where I had my Biometrics appointment.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Reneecakes said:

Not too sure how I can tell which field office it is, I live in Queens and that is where I had my Biometrics appointment.

Yours probably is the Queens field office that is located in Federal plaza, Manhattan. This is a slow field office as per the cases i have seen here.

Just now, iamwhatiam80 said:

Yours probably is the Queens field office that is located in Federal plaza, Manhattan. This is a slow field office as per the cases i have seen here.

Sigh... I just got off the phone with USCIS, they told me my case is within normal processing times and that, per their website, they are still processing January 27th, 2017 cases. I did not want to ask to speak to a level 2 officer because I have this silly fear that they will put my file at the bottom of the pile because I am asking too many questions. I was told I could submit an e-request but according to their official processing times, I cannot justify that. Does this mean I still have 3,5 more months of waiting for an interview? This waiting game never ends!

27 minutes ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

That’s not quite right. Look at July online filers from Queens Field Office. Both of their cases were completed within 4 months. Queens processes N-400 far faster than NYC field office. I’m with Nyc field office 

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

09/06/17: Submitted N-400 Application Online

09/06/17: Received online NOA with receipt number

09/08/17: Received Biometrics Appointment (PDF) Notice

09/12/17: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan (Early Walk-in 2 weeks; actual date is 09/26/17)

10/26/17: ELIS Status shows "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice."

12/09/17: Received a case notification from USCIS that my interview WAS scheduled

01/17/18: Date of N-400 Interview (7.15AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

01/19/18: Oath Ceremony Notice (PDF) received

02/02/18: Oath Ceremony (8.30AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - ROC

09/19/16: Date of I-751
09/21/16: VSC received our package

09/22/16: NOA Date
09/26/16: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

10/06/16: ASC Appointment Notice arrived in the mail

10/17/16: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan

10/06/17: I-751 was approved (actual approval date on the letter)

10/12/17: Approval Letter arrived in the mail

10/25/17: 10-Year Green Card arrived in the mail

END OF ROC Processing

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hi iamwhatiam80

Field office for my Mom was in Federal Plaza Manhattan. The officer checked the box with Congratulations you have passed the test. Reading the threads it seems some are getting the oath in few weeks, and others in months. I really don't know why is taking so long for NYC aOath. It used to be 1 week when I took my Citizenship 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, vaitbajram said:

Hi iamwhatiam80

Field office for my Mom was in Federal Plaza Manhattan. The officer checked the box with Congratulations you have passed the test. Reading the threads it seems some are getting the oath in few weeks, and others in months. I really don't know why is taking so long for NYC aOath. It used to be 1 week when I took my Citizenship 10 years ago.

Hi there! I’d suggest you book for an Infopass to go in and talk to an immigration officer at the field office where your mother was interviewed. Check an Infopass website at midnight tonight for available appointment slots at the Federal Building.

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

09/06/17: Submitted N-400 Application Online

09/06/17: Received online NOA with receipt number

09/08/17: Received Biometrics Appointment (PDF) Notice

09/12/17: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan (Early Walk-in 2 weeks; actual date is 09/26/17)

10/26/17: ELIS Status shows "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice."

12/09/17: Received a case notification from USCIS that my interview WAS scheduled

01/17/18: Date of N-400 Interview (7.15AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

01/19/18: Oath Ceremony Notice (PDF) received

02/02/18: Oath Ceremony (8.30AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - ROC

09/19/16: Date of I-751
09/21/16: VSC received our package

09/22/16: NOA Date
09/26/16: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

10/06/16: ASC Appointment Notice arrived in the mail

10/17/16: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan

10/06/17: I-751 was approved (actual approval date on the letter)

10/12/17: Approval Letter arrived in the mail

10/25/17: 10-Year Green Card arrived in the mail

END OF ROC Processing

Timeline
16 hours ago, Dinosaur2013 said:

That’s not quite right. Look at July online filers from Queens Field Office. Both of their cases were completed within 4 months. Queens processes N-400 far faster than NYC field office. I’m with Nyc field office 

Online filers is a different story.

Timeline
16 hours ago, vaitbajram said:

Hi iamwhatiam80

OK thats good the officer checked Congratulations box. She will get the letter. Are you setup to receive text/email alerts when status changes ? My wife's oath date is 80 days after interview date. You need to have lots of patience with USCIS.

Edited by iamwhatiam80

Timeline
16 hours ago, Reneecakes said:

Sigh... I just got off the phone with USCIS, they told me my case is within normal processing times and that, per their website, they are still processing January 27th, 2017 cases. I did not want to ask to speak to a level 2 officer because I have this silly fear that they will put my file at the bottom of the pile because I am asking too many questions. I was told I could submit an e-request but according to their official processing times, I cannot justify that. Does this mean I still have 3,5 more months of waiting for an interview? This waiting game never ends!

Did you do paper filing or e-filing ?

You should have requested to talk to the level 2 officer. Yes thats a silly fear :)

1 hour ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

Did you do paper filing or e-filing ?

You should have requested to talk to the level 2 officer. Yes thats a silly fear :)

Sadly I did paper filing. I followed your advice and called back. I am now waiting to receive a call back from USCIS. The wait time for a higher level officer is approximately 105 minutes! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Reneecakes said:

Sadly I did paper filing. I followed your advice and called back. I am now waiting to receive a call back from USCIS. The wait time for a higher level officer is approximately 105 minutes! 

Alright. Keep us posted.

There is no longer a Queens office.  Queens residents go through the Manhattan (26 Federal Plaza) office.  There is a new USCIS Support Center (for biometrics, but not interviews) in Queens (43rd Ave in Long Island City) but the actual office (where my wife had her citizenship interview) on Jackson Ave closed either in 2015 or 2016.

Edited by Eric-Pris

4 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

There is no longer a Queens office.  Queens residents go through the Manhattan (26 Federal Plaza) office.  There is a new USCIS Support Center (for biometrics, but not interviews) in Queens (43rd Ave in Long Island City) but the actual office (where my wife had her citizenship interview) on Jackson Ave closed either in 2015 or 2016.

I am sorry, I meant I am a Queens resident (in case the field office matters).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.