Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dinosaur2013 said:

To be honest, looking at your GC date (you became LPR since 1999),  I am certain that you will hear back from USCIS regarding the next steps approaching your naturalization interview soon. 

I didn’t know if how long I’ve held LPR would have a bearing on my application , I guess only time will tell , I did request a new online access code via the case check in screen , thanks for the reply . 

1 minute ago, Uk2bx said:

I didn’t know if how long I’ve held LPR would have a bearing on my application , I guess only time will tell , I did request a new online access code via the case check in screen , thanks for the reply . 

You're very welcome. Yes, I really think the length you are in procession of your LPR status is one of the key factors defining how quickly your application will be processed.

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

09/06/17: Submitted N-400 Application Online

09/06/17: Received online NOA with receipt number

09/08/17: Received Biometrics Appointment (PDF) Notice

09/12/17: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan (Early Walk-in 2 weeks; actual date is 09/26/17)

10/26/17: ELIS Status shows "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice."

12/09/17: Received a case notification from USCIS that my interview WAS scheduled

01/17/18: Date of N-400 Interview (7.15AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

01/19/18: Oath Ceremony Notice (PDF) received

02/02/18: Oath Ceremony (8.30AM) at 26 Federal Plaza, New York City

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - ROC

09/19/16: Date of I-751
09/21/16: VSC received our package

09/22/16: NOA Date
09/26/16: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

10/06/16: ASC Appointment Notice arrived in the mail

10/17/16: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan

10/06/17: I-751 was approved (actual approval date on the letter)

10/12/17: Approval Letter arrived in the mail

10/25/17: 10-Year Green Card arrived in the mail

END OF ROC Processing

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Uk2bx said:

Nope it just depends on the priority date of your application and how busy your local field office is. If you did a normal paper filing, expect the interview letter between 4 to 5 month from the date of filing the N400 if everything goes smooth.

Timeline
1 hour ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

Nope it just depends on the priority date of your application and how busy your local field office is. If you did a normal paper filing, expect the interview letter between 4 to 5 month from the date of filing the N400 if everything goes smooth.

That’s about the time I was expecting , a coworker did hers and it took about 4 months to get an interview date .

2 hours ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

receipt number (NBC*****) i filled 7th January 2017 & its been 10 months now didn't get interview schedule, called uscis 30-40 times they said that i have to wait until January 2018 to file an inquiry.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, nyctuh said:

receipt number (NBC*****) i filled 7th January 2017 & its been 10 months now didn't get interview schedule, called uscis 30-40 times they said that i have to wait until January 2018 to file an inquiry.

That’s what I would consider an unusually long wait , but like they said it’s still within the given time frame hence they won’t address it. 

1 hour ago, nyctuh said:

Would you consider making an Infopass appointment to talk to an immigration officer face-to-face?

09/12/17: Biometrics Appointment at USCIS Manhattan (Early Walk-in 2 weeks; actual date is 09/26/17)

10/26/17: ELIS Status shows "USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice."

12/09/17: Received a case notification from USCIS that my interview WAS scheduled

END OF ROC Processing

Timeline
1 hour ago, nyctuh said:

Did you ask USCIS if your background check came back ? That's the most common reason for long wait times. Talk to a level 2 officer not the customer service reps that answer your call. They only know what you see online.

Check the processing time for your local field office and if your priority date is outside that, then you can file an e-request.

6 minutes ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

Did you ask USCIS if your background check came back ? That's the most common reason for long wait times. Talk to a level 2 officer not the customer service reps that answer your call. They only know what you see online.

Check the processing time for your local field office and if your priority date is outside that, then you can file an e-request.

called many times and ask for Level 2 but they also say the same thing, online status shows "On July 10, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400" my field office is queens ny, processing time is august 2016

19 hours ago, Dinosaur2013 said:

You're very welcome. Yes, I really think the length you are in procession of your LPR status is one of the key factors defining how quickly your application will be processed.

I doubt that's the case. I filed based on the 3 yr rule about 60 days before the 3rd anniversary of LPR status. I filed on 04/19/2017 and was naturalized on 09/27/2017 (5 months). I used to believe that people who filed under the 3 yr rule got approved faster than those using the 5 yr rule but that's not the case. It seems the fastest way is to file online....there's definitely something at play here.

4 hours ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

That's probably how it is but there's a lot more to factor in on an individual level. People with criminal records, problem with taxes or someone who have taken too many trips outside the US will probably have to wait longer to be processed that someone with none of these issues. I can compile a very long list of reasons that may delay a case. Sometimes it's beyond the control of an applicant (nothing to do with what they did or did not do).

Edited by Private One

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Timeline
13 minutes ago, nyctuh said:

called many times and ask for Level 2 but they also say the same thing, online status shows "On July 10, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400" my field office is queens ny, processing time is august 2016

What is the notice of action date on the notice you received from USCIS ?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, nyctuh said:

17 January 2017

OK so you cant file an e-request since your date is falling outside the processing time date although the processing time dates published are usually not that reliable.

Your case looks like is in-line for interview which most probably means your background check has come back. NBC will send the file to Queens field office as per their availability of interview slots/resources. It looks like the Queens office work is backed up. Hang in there.

8 hours ago, nyctuh said:

I also saw people in the main N-400 forum who were in the similar situation like yours have reached out to their congressmen/women for help. Their congressmen/women submitted inquiries to USCIS to ask for case updates. This option seems to work for some people. I think if my case is delayed (but hopefully that will never happen), I would reach out to the congress people, too.

END OF ROC Processing

15 hours ago, Dinosaur2013 said:

I also saw people in the main N-400 forum who were in the similar situation like yours have reached out to their congressmen/women for help. Their congressmen/women submitted inquiries to USCIS to ask for case updates. This option seems to work for some people. I think if my case is delayed (but hopefully that will never happen), I would reach out to the congress people, too.

few mins ago my status changed to "On October 25, 2017, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.