methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, hir0 said:

Is it bad that I find comfort in seeing that someone else has an estimated date in 2020 for the N-400? I was upset, but now I’m actually relieved!

Lol. Before I submitted my application I saw lot of people with such estimated wait times so I was sort of expecting this. However I think it is much faster than what the online system is saying. I think they would rather throw a longer wait time at you and get it done early than say they will get it done early and make us wait 6 months more.

I have no idea what this is though. Odes it mean I won't be getting my Biometrics done until 29 days is passed?

image.png.934428a8687db850c086ef72afcf6e9e.png

Edited by SamNatSamNat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just walked in to get my fingerprints taken for N400 today. My original appt is on Oct 3. The Southeast Houston application center had nobody there, so I was in and out within 10 mins. I'll update if my est timeline changes lol, but for now it is Sept 2020 😐

David & Thao

First Date: 10/17/2012

Engaged: 05/01/2014

Married: 03/26/2015

---------------------------N-400 Status

Sent: 09/08/2018

NOA: 09/08/2018

Bio Appt:

---------------------------ROC Status

Sent: 09/08/2017

Received: 09/11/2017

NOA: 09/11/2017

Bio Appt: 10/03/2017

---------------------------AOS Status

Sent: 04/24/2015

Received: 04/27/2015

NOA: 05/01/2015

Bio Appt: 05/19/2015

EAD received: 06/16/2015

Interview Approved: 12/07/2015

[God is walking with us on our love journey...] 

Got a status update. I have been scheduled for biometrics.  For date time location check out the documents tab. There is no documents tab however, I do not see it? What am I missing. It does say will take few days for letter to show up but does the tab also not show up? Can you guys show me screenshot of where the document tab is located?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
41 minutes ago, SamNatSamNat said:

Got a status update. I have been scheduled for biometrics.  For date time location check out the documents tab. There is no documents tab however, I do not see it? What am I missing. It does say will take few days for letter to show up but does the tab also not show up? Can you guys show me screenshot of where the document tab is located?

Mine showed up in the Documents tab a few days after the status changed.

20180922_072733.jpg

Edited by DavidnThao

David & Thao

First Date: 10/17/2012

Engaged: 05/01/2014

Married: 03/26/2015

---------------------------N-400 Status

Sent: 09/08/2018

NOA: 09/08/2018

Bio Appt:

---------------------------ROC Status

Sent: 09/08/2017

Received: 09/11/2017

NOA: 09/11/2017

Bio Appt: 10/03/2017

---------------------------AOS Status

Sent: 04/24/2015

Received: 04/27/2015

NOA: 05/01/2015

Bio Appt: 05/19/2015

EAD received: 06/16/2015

Interview Approved: 12/07/2015

[God is walking with us on our love journey...] 

1 hour ago, SamNatSamNat said:

Usually it will be uploaded within 1-2 days. Everyone gets the letter online first, then receive in mail. I receive the paper copy in mail last week but still not uploaded in online. Looks like they forgot to upload sometime.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:28 AM, Nepo Cat said:

Usually it will be uploaded within 1-2 days. Everyone gets the letter online first, then receive in mail. I receive the paper copy in mail last week but still not uploaded in online. Looks like they forgot to upload sometime.

That's weird huh.

I checked this morning and i still cannot see any documents tab. Am i looking at the right spot? See below.

image.png.b37b2f6e7d406f2100871d054e99b347.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Nepo Cat said:

Same here! Done biometrics for N-400 today but still no changes in my account , don't see  no PDF of my application, no estimated time.  

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, SamNatSamNat said:

That's weird huh.

I checked this morning and i still cannot see any documents tab. Am i looking at the right spot? See below.

image.png.b37b2f6e7d406f2100871d054e99b347.png

@SamNatSamNat click on home and then you should see 3 tabs, one of them is case status. Click on those tabs, one of those tabs should have your documents

At  the end of Sep 2018, I'll be eligible to apply for N400 Naturalization. I received the second extension letter (18m), however I just read on one of the threads that as soon as you apply for N400,  ROC will stop processing application.  Has anyone experience that ?  Is it better to wait and get the 10GC first, before applying for N400?

''Filing N400 will stop processing on your ROC! If you can wait, I will suggest that you wait. This happened to me. My ROC was moved to NBC right after I applied for N400. ''

11 minutes ago, Roni07 said:

At  the end of Sep 2018, I'll be eligible to apply for N400 Naturalization. I received the second extension letter (18m), however I just read on one of the threads that as soon as you apply for N400,  ROC will stop processing application.  Has anyone experience that ?  Is it better to wait and get the 10GC first, before applying for N400?

''Filing N400 will stop processing on your ROC! If you can wait, I will suggest that you wait. This happened to me. My ROC was moved to NBC right after I applied for N400. ''

That is my understanding as well, but I might be wrong.

My window also opens in a few days, but I think I will wait until I get my 10-year Green Card to do so. I know someone who has been waiting for more than 2 years now (she filled the I-751 and then N-400 when she was eligible), and I am afraid I would have to go through the same thing.

AOS Timeline:
August 29, 2015: AOS package mailed to the USCIS in Chicago.
August 31, 2015: AOS package delivered.
September 8, 2015: NOA1 received by text and email (4 receipt numbers).
September 12, 2015: NOA1 received by mail (3 receipt numbers).
September 14, 2015: NOA1 received by mail (1 receipt number).
September 18, 2015: Biometrics appointment letter received for October 1, 2015.
September 22, 2015: Biometrics done. Early walk-in at a different ASC.
September 30, 2015: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
November 11, 2015: EAD card is being produced (Form I-765) and Form I-131 is approved.
November 12, 2015: Form I-765 is approved.
November 15, 2015: Interview scheduled on December 22, 2015.
November 16, 2015: EAD card mailed to me.
November 19, 2015: EAD/AP card received.
December 22, 2015: AOS Interview. Approved on spot.

December 31, 2015: Green Card received.

ROC Timeline:

September 29, 2017: ROC package mailed to the California Service Center.

October 6, 2017: NOA received by mail (receipt date: October 2, 2017).

October 16, 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received for October 23, 2017.

October 23, 2017: Biometrics done.

41 minutes ago, FGr said:

That is my understanding as well, but I might be wrong.

My window also opens in a few days, but I think I will wait until I get my 10-year Green Card to do so. I know someone who has been waiting for more than 2 years now (she filled the I-751 and then N-400 when she was eligible), and I am afraid I would have to go through the same thing.

I would feel better to get my 10year GC first, no more extension letters to deal with, don't want to mess up my N400 either, if thats the case. 

every time I travel with my wife we have Nexus Global Entry and always have to wait inline line and explain why the machine didn't give me anything - it says card expired< last time waited 2 hrs to go through customs. 

Edited by Roni07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So alas I traveled out of the country last week and came back into Atlanta with my expired green card and i-551 stamp  without no issues at all ... was checked like every other GC holders and all done in less than 3 mins.

Now I'm at peace that I can travel out and in the country with my i-551 stamp ... Planning to travel to Canada in couple of weeks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 9/21/2018 at 8:39 AM, SamNatSamNat said:

Lol. Before I submitted my application I saw lot of people with such estimated wait times so I was sort of expecting this. However I think it is much faster than what the online system is saying. I think they would rather throw a longer wait time at you and get it done early than say they will get it done early and make us wait 6 months more.

I have no idea what this is though. Odes it mean I won't be getting my Biometrics done until 29 days is passed?

image.png.934428a8687db850c086ef72afcf6e9e.png

I hope it'll be faster! lol Because we're looking at a long time.. I hope that our I751 will be approved soon.. that will make the wait so much easier! I will gather my documents to get my drivers license renewed next month, ugh...

I saw you received your biometrics letter. Good luck! May patience be with you :)

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.