methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, FutureCitizenSN said:

Why wait for 2 hours after oath?

Let me correct myself, my oath was 2 pm and I took appointment @ 4:30 PM.     Oath was done around 3:45 PM.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, FutureCitizenSN said:

Makes sense now.

I didn't know I had to setup appointment to apply for passport. I thought it was just stop by fill application and drop it in.

Thanks for the info.

USPS takes walk in until 4 pm and after that you need appointment, so if your oath is in the morning and if you drop by before 4 pm, you will be fine.  But if you take appointment before 4 pm also, they will serve you first before any walk in customers at your appointment time.

12 hours ago, dilip said:

It will go through quality review and they will approve it.  Hopefully soon.  Did you get any message that a new card has been ordered, that is the first thing you will get email and text , since theoretically they have to approve your I-751 and then N-400.  It happened on the same day in my case July 3, 2019, interview on June 28, 2019 

Once they will say oath ceremony has schedule, you will see online notice in two days and in mail 4-5 days

No messages (text or email), no updates in USCIS Case Status page since my interview 2 days ago. 

I'm already reading stories of people waiting for up to 5 months to get an update after the interview and hoping that won't be my case. 

Maybe I'm just too anxious. All I have is the paper with my A Number, checked boxes saying that I've passed the interview and that it would be recommended for approval, and the officer's name. Nothing else. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, toxxx said:

No messages (text or email), no updates in USCIS Case Status page since my interview 2 days ago. 

I'm already reading stories of people waiting for up to 5 months to get an update after the interview and hoping that won't be my case. 

Maybe I'm just too anxious. All I have is the paper with my A Number, checked boxes saying that I've passed the interview and that it would be recommended for approval, and the officer's name. Nothing else. 

Each case is different.  Did you IO office said that I-751 with him and he will review it?  If that is the case, you will hear good news soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have received my interview letter. Combo interviews is scheduled for October 8th, in NJ instead of NY. 

I-485 Timeline

25 Mar 15 ==> Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 with USPS

27 Mar 15 ==> Package arrived Chicago P.O. Box

04 Apr 15 ==> Checks cashed. (420 + 1070)

06 Apr 15 ==> Text/Email NOS1 received

11 Apr 15 ==> Got hardcopies for all 4 forms

17 Apr 15 ==> Got biometrics appointment letter (30 April 2015)

23 Apr 15 ==> Early walk-in successful (201 Varick St. New York City)

27 Apr 15 ==> Mail Notice Form I-693 was not submitted. (Will submit on Interview)

16 Jun 16 ==> Submitted online Case Inquiry for Form I-765

19 Jun 15 ==> Approval Notice via Mail for form I-765 and I-131

19 Jun 15 ==> Case Status Changed with Tracking Number. USPS picked EAD Card

23 Jun 15 ==> Got EAD Card

24 Jun 15 ==> Applied for SSN

01 July 15 ==> Got SSN

20 Oct 15 ==> Interview scheduled for November 23, 2015

23 Nov 15 ==> Interview date. Approved on spot

24 Nov 15 ==> Online Case Status changed to "New cards is being produced"

03 Dec 15 ==> Received Green Card

I-751 Timeline

20 Aug 17 ==> Received Notice to file I-751

31 Aug 17 ==> Sent I-751 with USPS

02 Sep 17 ==> Package Arrived Vermont Center

07 Sep 17 ==> Checks cashed ($595 + $85)

08 Sep 17 ==> I-751 Notice (Extension Letter)

23 Sep 17 ==> Notice for Biometrics

03 Oct 17 ==> Biometrics Appointment

05 Nov 17 ==> Received Extension Letter

20 Aug 18 ==> Received 2nd Extension Letter (18 Months)

N-400 Timeline (3 Year Rule)
25 Aug 15 ==> 90 Day Window Opens
05 Sep 18 ==> N-400 Filed (Online) (New York)

05 Sep 18 ==> Receipt Notice (Estimeted wait time 11 Months)

7 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Letter Received

12 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Early Walk-In (Estimeted wait time updated 9 Months)

27 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Appointment 

23 Aug 19 ==> Interview Letter Received

08 Oct 19 ==> Interview

13 Dec 19 ==> Oath Ceremony/ US Citizen

Timeline
2 hours ago, methold said:

Hi everybody,

I have received my interview letter. Combo interviews is scheduled for October 8th, in NJ instead of NY. 

After you pass the interview, make sure to ask IO, since you filed in NY and the interview is in NJ, will it delay approval or oath ceremony and who will do the final review before final approval, NJ local office or NY local office?

Edited by dilip

18 hours ago, dilip said:

After you pass the interview, make sure to ask IO, since you filed in NY and the interview is in NJ, will it delay approval or oath ceremony and who will do the final review before final approval, NJ local office or NY local office?

That is a great reminder. I will, Thank you. 

I bet it will delay the process. If I can enter 2020 as a US Citizen, I will be happy :)

I-485 Timeline

25 Mar 15 ==> Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 with USPS

27 Mar 15 ==> Package arrived Chicago P.O. Box

04 Apr 15 ==> Checks cashed. (420 + 1070)

06 Apr 15 ==> Text/Email NOS1 received

11 Apr 15 ==> Got hardcopies for all 4 forms

17 Apr 15 ==> Got biometrics appointment letter (30 April 2015)

23 Apr 15 ==> Early walk-in successful (201 Varick St. New York City)

27 Apr 15 ==> Mail Notice Form I-693 was not submitted. (Will submit on Interview)

16 Jun 16 ==> Submitted online Case Inquiry for Form I-765

19 Jun 15 ==> Approval Notice via Mail for form I-765 and I-131

19 Jun 15 ==> Case Status Changed with Tracking Number. USPS picked EAD Card

23 Jun 15 ==> Got EAD Card

24 Jun 15 ==> Applied for SSN

01 July 15 ==> Got SSN

20 Oct 15 ==> Interview scheduled for November 23, 2015

23 Nov 15 ==> Interview date. Approved on spot

24 Nov 15 ==> Online Case Status changed to "New cards is being produced"

03 Dec 15 ==> Received Green Card

I-751 Timeline

20 Aug 17 ==> Received Notice to file I-751

31 Aug 17 ==> Sent I-751 with USPS

02 Sep 17 ==> Package Arrived Vermont Center

07 Sep 17 ==> Checks cashed ($595 + $85)

08 Sep 17 ==> I-751 Notice (Extension Letter)

23 Sep 17 ==> Notice for Biometrics

03 Oct 17 ==> Biometrics Appointment

05 Nov 17 ==> Received Extension Letter

20 Aug 18 ==> Received 2nd Extension Letter (18 Months)

N-400 Timeline (3 Year Rule)
25 Aug 15 ==> 90 Day Window Opens
05 Sep 18 ==> N-400 Filed (Online) (New York)

05 Sep 18 ==> Receipt Notice (Estimeted wait time 11 Months)

7 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Letter Received

12 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Early Walk-In (Estimeted wait time updated 9 Months)

27 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Appointment 

23 Aug 19 ==> Interview Letter Received

08 Oct 19 ==> Interview

13 Dec 19 ==> Oath Ceremony/ US Citizen

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I see most of Sep filers have been approved. Congratulations! For my case: I applied for I751 in Sep 2017 and was transferred to local office in Feb, 2018. After that I did receive another notice that says my case was transferred to Summit, MO in Dec, 2018. It’s still pending though. In meanwhile, I applied for my citizenship last year in Oct, 2018. Had my citizenship interview on 9/20. The interview letter didn’t say anything about combo interview or brining my spouse. So I went by myself and got approved. I didn’t ask about my pending 751 (I guess I should’ve). I assumed it’s be approved or removed since I was approved for citizenship. So today I was supposed to have oath ceremony BUT they said my 751 application is still pending and has to be approved first. I was shocked and wondered why they’d send a oath ceremony letter if I wasn’t supposed be there. They said they’d send me letter for a joint interview. Has anyone had a same situation? 

Edited by Poni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.