marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, PaddyGirl13 said:

Yes same place. I'm wondering if they will relax covid rules to allow maybe 1 or 2 to come witness as its in the convention center. I'd love my Husband and Son to be there. Maybe there will be info in the mailed letter. 

The online letter says "For the safety and health of everyone, no guests will be permitted." :( 

CR-1 Visa Journey

18/03/16 ............I-130 sent
21/03/16 ............I-130 delivered
21/03/16.............NOA1 (Nebraska)

24/03/16.............Cash Checked
30/03/16............ NOA1 Hard Copy
21/07/16.............NOA2!!!!

NVC

09/08/16.............NVC received file

26/08/16.............Case number, IIN and DS-261 submitted

30/08/16.............Paid AOS Bill

04/09/16.............Paid IV Bill
07/09/16.............Sent AOS & IV package
09/09/16.............Delivered package to NVC
12/09/16.............NVC Scan
28/10/16.............Checklist - Birth Certificate
21/11/16.............Second scan date
23/01/17.............Case complete!!!
03/02/17.............Interview date from NVC 16 March
04/02/17.............Email IV received 
05/04/17.............Entered USA

ROC
09/01/19.............Sent I-751
10/01/19.............Delivered I-751 
14/01/19.............Credit Card Charged $680

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 7:16 PM, Jasmon said:

Anyone gotten a traffic ticket? If, yes I have a few questions. 

I did, for passing on the right, a few weeks after I arrived. Got a ticket, paid the fine, declared it on the n-400, the interviewer said it wasn't an issue at all. I included the ticket and receipt of payment in my evidence in the application.

11 minutes ago, PaddyGirl13 said:

I did, for passing on the right, a few weeks after I arrived. Got a ticket, paid the fine, declared it on the n-400, the interviewer said it wasn't an issue at all. I included the ticket and receipt of payment in my evidence in the application.

Ok, my case got denied. A few days prior to my interview I got a ticket for passing a parked police car  because I couldn’t merge over safely. Couldn’t pay the fine because it wasn’t in the system until a week after my interview. I was honest about getting the ticket at my interview and still got pre approved. They requested evidence and I responded right away with a copy of the ticket given. A few days after my interview I spoke to a traffic judge and they gave me two options pay the fine for the lesser amount or I could pay more and have it off my drivers record in a year and I assume that would be a better option. 🤦🏾‍♀️ I’m lost for words and don’t know what to do at this point.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jasmon said:

Ok, my case got denied. A few days prior to my interview I got a ticket for passing a parked police car  because I couldn’t merge over safely. Couldn’t pay the fine because it wasn’t in the system until a week after my interview. I was honest about getting the ticket at my interview and still got pre approved. They requested evidence and I responded right away with a copy of the ticket given. A few days after my interview I spoke to a traffic judge and they gave me two options pay the fine for the lesser amount or I could pay more and have it off my drivers record in a year and I assume that would be a better option. 🤦🏾‍♀️ I’m lost for words and don’t know what to do at this point.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.,

Sorry I don't have any advice for you, I had the fine paid and had a copy of the receipt by the time I applied, maybe their issue is that you didn't supply evidence of payment, a consultation with a lawyer may help. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just found the thread here! Had another account but outlook won't send me the password...🙃

Put in an address change 3 weeks ago and got my interview scheduled letter on Friday. Surprised to only get a months notice? A bit worried because I also have a pending i-751 which was filed late but was accepted. Should my husband come with me for the interview or should I call and ask them? 6 hr drive each way with 2 toddlers sounds less than ideal!

2 hours ago, JSABZ said:

Just found the thread here! Had another account but outlook won't send me the password...🙃

Put in an address change 3 weeks ago and got my interview scheduled letter on Friday. Surprised to only get a months notice? A bit worried because I also have a pending i-751 which was filed late but was accepted. Should my husband come with me for the interview or should I call and ask them? 6 hr drive each way with 2 toddlers sounds less than ideal!

I think it’s required if your I-765 is pending. Take a look at the notice

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Timeline

Well, I finally got through to a human this morning. They said the cases aren't linked together in the system so he doesn't need to come with me 🤷‍♀️

Bad news is he also said that even with the N-400 it'll "be months" before the I-751 is closed and that at that time, that'll require a joint interview. So...I have no clue. Didn't sound right so I might just call back later lol

On 3/31/2021 at 7:42 AM, JSABZ said:

Well, I finally got through to a human this morning. They said the cases aren't linked together in the system so he doesn't need to come with me 🤷‍♀️

Bad news is he also said that even with the N-400 it'll "be months" before the I-751 is closed and that at that time, that'll require a joint interview. So...I have no clue. Didn't sound right so I might just call back later lol

DO BRING your husband with you! SO I asked here and people just bring their spouses when they have a pending i751, I did not want to be in this spot especially after the CO in the MN office did tell me when you get the N400 Notice bring your wife, I wanted some reassurance so I called USCIS and was told the same as they told you. BUT I did politely ask the officer on the phone if there is something he can, like maybe forward my i751 to MN, or try to give me any guidance, he transferred me to someone else that asked me if I had an urgent matter, I said no, I do not, but I am burnt out and been waiting for 2 years, I said I want to feel free to travel and have my documents sorted out I also mentioned that in good faith I did notify USCIS back in 2018 about their mistake and was honest to apply myself to become a CR1 instead of the IR1 they gave, the officer said: True,,,,I see you were permanent and then went to conditional, how is that? I explained. the officer said I will check what I can do but it is at the discretion of your office, if they can handle both interviews. 

Today, just minutes ago, I got a USCIS letter in the mail (it is not on my account yet) Notifying me that I will have a combo interview! 

Timeline
On 4/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, 684117 said:

DO BRING your husband with you! SO I asked here and people just bring their spouses when they have a pending i751, I did not want to be in this spot especially after the CO in the MN office did tell me when you get the N400 Notice bring your wife, I wanted some reassurance so I called USCIS and was told the same as they told you. BUT I did politely ask the officer on the phone if there is something he can, like maybe forward my i751 to MN, or try to give me any guidance, he transferred me to someone else that asked me if I had an urgent matter, I said no, I do not, but I am burnt out and been waiting for 2 years, I said I want to feel free to travel and have my documents sorted out I also mentioned that in good faith I did notify USCIS back in 2018 about their mistake and was honest to apply myself to become a CR1 instead of the IR1 they gave, the officer said: True,,,,I see you were permanent and then went to conditional, how is that? I explained. the officer said I will check what I can do but it is at the discretion of your office, if they can handle both interviews. 

Today, just minutes ago, I got a USCIS letter in the mail (it is not on my account yet) Notifying me that I will have a combo interview! 

Thanks for chiming in! Do you have any advice to get past the auto emma system on the phone line? I've only managed to get through it once 🤬 It's infuriating...it just tells me "we can't transfer your call to a representative so I'm ending the call. Have a good day!" over and over...doesn't matter what I say or ask or press.

I know that my I-751 is currently sitting in the MSP office because it was transferred. I'm 🤏 to just putting in a request online that it's outside normal processing times...which it is...But I don't want to mess up my N400.

The issue for us is to find childcare during interviews because we have 2 special needs children. They sure don't make this easy on us 😫

13 hours ago, JSABZ said:

Thanks for chiming in! Do you have any advice to get past the auto emma system on the phone line? I've only managed to get through it once 🤬 It's infuriating...it just tells me "we can't transfer your call to a representative so I'm ending the call. Have a good day!" over and over...doesn't matter what I say or ask or press.

I know that my I-751 is currently sitting in the MSP office because it was transferred. I'm 🤏 to just putting in a request online that it's outside normal processing times...which it is...But I don't want to mess up my N400.

The issue for us is to find childcare during interviews because we have 2 special needs children. They sure don't make this easy on us 😫

Just tell the robot "technical difficulty". It will let you in. 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, JSABZ said:

I usually say question about scheduled interview...did it twice and worked twice 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.