wonder

What can I do about it?

16 posts in this topic

So I have been searching online and I found that this website will be very helpful. Please read my situation and tell me what can I do.

I married someone from overseas, he came here to the US in Mid 2015 on a CR1 visa. Things were great between us at first but things changed, we started fighting a lot about so many things. I caught him one day talking to a woman online in a chatroom using a fake name. That was in 2016 and we were fighting a lot back then, I confronted him and he said he did it because he was feeling bad and needed distraction. Later that year we filed a joint I-751 in last day October of 2016. After filing together we ended up fighting more and more. In 2017 he moved out so we both can have space. When he moved out he changed his address online with USCIS. After 3 months from separation we decided to come back together and we did. He changed his address again. Now we are living together but he lost his job. I love him and I believe he loves me too, but I am not interested in him anymore. I am looking for something different in life, something more romantic and passionate. I am a romantic person and he is a practical person, always thinking to work more and earn more money and how to get ahead in life. I want to be with someone else than him (I don't have anyone yet).

What I want to happen is that I want him to go back to his country, I don't want him to stay here. I asked him to go back and he refused. He said that he likes it here and he doesn't want to go back even if we divorced (that makes me think that he used me.) I don't see a reason for him to stay. I was his reason he came here and now since I don't want him and the divorce will end, I want him back there. I tried to intimidate him that I can get him deported and banned for 10 years if he doesn't leave voluntarily after the divorce. But he is very smart and knows the immigration rules to the T, and that bothers me a lot.

My question is what are his chances of getting approved for his ROC without an interview? I believe he might get an interview because he changed his address twice. This is where I am planning not to attend it so I can get him in trouble, and hopefully denied then deported. We had a lot of good faith evidence, such as; joint car lease, joint apartment lease, joint car insurance, joint health insurance, joint phone bills and electric bills, he had life insurance and I was the beneficiary, joint stores memberships, filed taxes together, vacation trip...

I know Vermont Center is very slow so the chances are he won't hear anything at all from them until December 2017 or maybe January 2018 because he is October 2016 filer. So I want to use this time to do something about it. What are my chances if I send USCIS screenshots of him cheating on me by talking to women online? Or not attending the interview? What if I filed divorce now against him, will that make any difference?

What are his chances getting his permanent GC based on the situation and details I mentioned above?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by wonder

1 minute ago, Mary Lou said:

He can file for ROC on his own if you divorce. You can't make him go back to his country, some people can love each other, but it doesn't mean they are meant for each other and be married. He isn't something you ordered from Amazon and want to return. Why are you so bent on revenge? You are the one who wants out of the marriage from what you said. Divorce and move on, he doesn't have to go back to his country, and because he likes it in the USA doesn't prove he used you, you said you had alot of good faith and bona fide evidence. I think you want off the hook for the I 864, which if he leaves the country will happen. 

USCIS doesn't care about your screenshots of him chatting to women, they have bigger fish to fry.

I just don't want him to stay here, he has a family there he can go back. What are his chances of getting approved without an interview given he changed his address twice? Also what are his chances of getting approved with a divorce waiver?

5 minutes ago, wonder said:

I just don't want him to stay here, he has a family there he can go back. What are his chances of getting approved without an interview given he changed his address twice? Also what are his chances of getting approved with a divorce waiver?

Well immigration doesn't care if you want him to stay here or not. I never heard of changing an address twice being an issue, like you said in your original post, you have good evidence, and still love him, why the revenge? Divorce him and leave him alone. As far as him getting approved with a divorce waiver, it can happen.

I think he is intelligent to make sure he knows his rights here in this country, nothing fishy about that. 

Edited by Mary Lou
Add info

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The marriage failed...just divorce and move on. Whether or not he wants to stay in the US or not is his choice and his choice alone...what you want has no say in the matter. There's no cause to suspect fraud here. He should be able to ROC by himself fine.

Ans you lied to him to try to force him to leave? smh

What if he traveled to his country for a vacation, can I stop him in anyway from coming back? If I accused him of having connections to some terror organizations, will that raise a red flag? Although he doesn't have any connections. Just to stain his name.

4 minutes ago, Mary Lou said:

Well immigration doesn't care if you want him to stay here or not. I never heard of changing an address twice being an issue, like you said in your original post, you have good evidence, and still love him, why the revenge? Divorce him and leave him alone. As far as him getting approved with a divorce waiver, it can happen.

I think he is intelligent to make sure he knows his rights here in this country, nothing fishy about that. 

Him knowing his rights is not intelligence, it's evil. He learned about all the laws here and some laws that I didn't even know. But the ultimate reason for that is that he knows where to tread and where not. Not to be a model citizen.

Just now, geowrian said:

No, you can't. And making any such accusation is both despicable and illegal. It is against the TOS to condone illega activities.

This smells like a troll. Reporting and moving on.

I want to move on with my life. I just want to know his chances of getting approved.

2 minutes ago, wonder said:

The divorce and moving on are not my problem, it will happen easily. I am asking about his chances of staying in the country.

He most probably will be able to stay as you have not stated anything that would prevent him to stay.  If you go with your plan, you will get arrested, he will get to stay.  Seriously, divorce, move on.  

Edited by Lemonslice

3 minutes ago, wonder said:

Him knowing his rights is not intelligence, it's evil. He learned about all the laws here and some laws that I didn't even know. But the ultimate reason for that is that he knows where to tread and where not. Not to be a model citizen.

I beg to differ, it is intelligent, it's always good to know the laws in a new country. 

2 minutes ago, wonder said:

What about cheating online or being emotionally abusive?

USCIS doesn't care

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.