skimmilk

PSA: DO NOT SEND YOUR PAPERS WITH USPS

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, skim00 said:

So after two months of stressing over the paperwork, my husband and I finally sent our package last Friday.  We are in LA and the post office worker said the package would be delivered by this Monday.  Well, this has NOT happened at all.  The tracking has been stuck "in transit to destination" in Chicago for this entire week.  Even though I've called USPS and made an inquiry email, I haven't received any real help or answers.  I'm simultaneously angry and trying to be patient.  Anyways, this is just a warning to everyone who's about to send their packages out.  I suggest using FedEx or UPS because unfortunately USPS is too unreliable to trust with such important documents.  

I think by you being in LA you were supposed to send your papers to the Phoenix Lockbox. And I hate to you you're having an issue with you mailing with USPS. My papers were literally delivered in 2 days.

Hello everyone😊. I read this post  and was extremely  helpful  am about to send  my Aos document  this month. Please  can anyone  tell which mail. Address  I should use? 

Usps

FedEx 

Ups. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, MonicaP said:

I think by you being in LA you were supposed to send your papers to the Phoenix Lockbox. And I hate to you you're having an issue with you mailing with USPS. My papers were literally delivered in 2 days.

We sent I-130 with I-485. Those are sent to Chicago.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, skim00 said:

So after two months of stressing over the paperwork, my husband and I finally sent our package last Friday.  We are in LA and the post office worker said the package would be delivered by this Monday.  Well, this has NOT happened at all.  The tracking has been stuck "in transit to destination" in Chicago for this entire week.  Even though I've called USPS and made an inquiry email, I haven't received any real help or answers.  I'm simultaneously angry and trying to be patient.  Anyways, this is just a warning to everyone who's about to send their packages out.  I suggest using FedEx or UPS because unfortunately USPS is too unreliable to trust with such important documents.  

I didn't have problem with USPS. I sent my AOS package on 5th August (Saturday) around 12:30 PM from Cincinnati, Ohio and got delivered to Chicago Lockbox on 7th August (Monday) around 3:00PM with second day delivery. Guess its internal problem or just bad luck. Hope your package gets delivered soon.

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, skim00 said:

I used USPS priority mail to send a package to Ghana Africa. I was surprised it actually got there in 5 days. Its a hit or miss with USPS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your anecdotes and personal experiences, everyone. It is why I think this site is great. Like I said before, I'll update here as the situation develops and resolves itself. For now, I think I'm totally emotionally exhausted, as this entire scenario is proving to be. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Did you send them overseas? It's been mentioned on here multiple times that USPS should generally be avoided when shipping overseas. 

USPS should generally be avoided. Period. Use FedEx or some other non-governmental entity. USPS sucks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

USPS has always been fine for me, and I'm sure private couriers have caused others in your shoes similar stress. People should send their papers in whatever form they can and want.

Op, you should a text from USCIS for reception of your packet within some time. This happens with USPS as they hand over the package to USCIS and don't bother updating the delivery status.

April 26 2017: Package sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
April 27 2017: Package received by USCIS
May 8 2017: NOA1 Received by Emails and Texts
May 9 2017: Checks Cashed by USCIS
May 12 2017: All 4 NOA1's received by Mail.

May 19 2017: Biometrics Letter Received, Appointment on June 2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, skim00 said:

Oh what a bummer! I am very sorry to hear all this!:blink:

That said, I mailed our CR-1, RFE, AOS + IV all via USPS Priority Mail and not once had an issue.

However, I too must agree with you that, it is a hit or miss with the Postal Service and when you are unlucky, USPS can be a black hole in regards to finding missing mail/packages. 

When I was putting our CR-1 package together, I created an identical duplicate in case something went awry -- luck was on our side and nothing went missing and we are now able to use the duplicate file for our interview. Something to consider when sending in paperwork...

Hope this gets resolved soon for you!

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 hours ago, skim00 said:

It's weird because I've never had a problem with them til now either! It most likely was just bad luck or a weird hiccup but it's still discouraging. I really hope it'll still be delivered.

We had the same issue this year when we sent the papers for my citizenship. It was "in transit" for like a week or more and that was driving me nuts. I called them a couple times, I opened a complaint, etc. My package took like 2 weeks to be delivered. So do not worry. It's gonna be delivered.

21 hours ago, Going through said:

The other person had sent theirs overnight expedited---was held up about a week.

I hope they kept their receipt.  For express if it isn't delivered on time you get a full refund.  I work for the post office here locally.  It happens once in while unfortunately. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I had some delays recently as well, not K-1 related though. Package went to wrong state, came back and was resent to proper state. Just a couple days delay 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.