4,721 posts in this topic

Just now, CaptainAmerica said:

I also received a weird email update from USCIS... I didn't know what it meant, as it all says is "there was a post decision activity" on our case. My heart started pounding, worrying what I thought it would mean. Then I saw this!!!! 

5a8359a6b1d1a_ScreenShot2018-02-13at21_21_42.png.f266732cc7dd9781e2b07f7a92848966.png

Wow. I'm still in disbelief it's happened. Six months and two days to approval. I'm so happy to be finally past this stage. I'm also tempering my excitement as there still a number of hurdles to jump until I'm finally through this process. But for now, I can revel in a little bit of happiness. 

Naturally, I really feel for anyone else still left waiting during this absurd process. I wish everyone else their own swift approvals! 

CONGRATS!!!! 

(dont forget to update your timeline :) )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You have NO idea!!!  I got an email reprimand today because I had too many inquiries.  They told me not to file another one until March 24...  Yes, White House, Congressional, Online, Phone calls, Tier II and Tier I.

Why can't someone just pick up the file in question and look at it? I can't comprehend why that isn't the simplest step at this point.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Well nobody every wanted to send magic up my anywhere so that's flattering? I think? And they seem to have approval magic so maybe that's good?🤔🤔

i need to consult my fiance about this....

Ha Ha Ha I could definitely comment about that, but I'm not touching it. :jest:

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

1 minute ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Why can't someone just pick up the file in question and look at it? I can't comprehend why that isn't the simplest step at this point.  

All I have ever asked is if they physically know where the file is.  Every answer is that it hasn't been assigned yet.  I assume they only do a quick computer check and not actually looking for the file.  But they still need 30 to 45 days for that.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

CONGRATS!!!! 

(dont forget to update your timeline :) )

Thank you, I have! I also just realised that for months now my timeline has been skewed, as somehow my NOA1 date was incorrect. All this time the date was estimated later than it should have been. :wacko: As it stands, the approval came through 9 days earlier than the estimate. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

All I have ever asked is if they physically know where the file is.  Every answer is that it hasn't been assigned yet.  I assume they only do a quick computer check and not actually looking for the file.  But they still need 30 to 45 days for that.

In any other line of business/customer relations this sort of problem would be bumped, if anything just to get it off the company's plate. It's absurd that this can go on, without any specific explanation. You have some incredible stamina. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I also received a weird email update from USCIS... I didn't know what it meant, as it all says is "there was a post decision activity" on our case. My heart started pounding, worrying what I thought it would mean. Then I saw this!!!! 

5a8359a6b1d1a_ScreenShot2018-02-13at21_21_42.png.f266732cc7dd9781e2b07f7a92848966.png

Wow. I'm still in disbelief it's happened. Six months and two days to approval. I'm so happy to be finally past this stage. I'm also tempering my excitement as there still a number of hurdles to jump until I'm finally through this process. But for now, I can revel in a little bit of happiness. 

Naturally, I really feel for anyone else still left waiting during this absurd process. I wish everyone else their own swift approvals! 

Congratulations!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

Anyone have advice on how to start the process to requesting an expidite? I dont know where to begin... I've read you have to call USCIS, i tried and could never get a real person. Also read you have to send a letter, but could never find where to send a letter to? So confused!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Naes said:

I'm a sarcasting being, so bear with me for this comment first: This is not yet a conversation but a corresponding... I feel like I'm answering a full level letter with the old school seal and everything :D

Dear Jason;

Although I also do think WAC numbers are does not contain information, I did see a post being deleted in front of me with the addition of "Do not post WAC numbers".

However I am going to explain why I am not posting those numbers, as "having the ability to immediately see your Scan Postings and see that you do not have an RFE and also see the proximity of approvals around your particular case has great utility." this comment is extremely wrong and also people thinking this way is one of the reasons I stopped posting it.

1) I am not a personal scanner.

People who are note in the forum for a good time, will start asking to add their WAC numbers to the scan, for me to check their case numbers, or what happened to their case. Personal case status is an information that should be checked by the person by their own means using not even apps but USCIS web site.

2) People start waiting for scans to get information. 

Again as the update on USCIS will be first and not my posting, everyone should check their cases by themselves.

3) That whole sentence I just quoted contains wrong information and unfortunately people still think they go by WAC order or proximity has anything to do with it. Which is extremely incorrect.

Now I will give you an example actually I will even show you this happening by just checking the last scan list I posted.

You will see an August 8 case there right before August 22 and after August 15. The reason is because dates do not go in the WAC order and they do go by the dates and not the WAC numbers.

You can see a case date is dated August 10 for example at the very end of the list. When normally most August 10 is actually at a number of let's say WAC179041xxxx, There are also cases that are at number WAC179045xxxx. And both of these cases would be processed and get RFE or approvals or any movements at the same time. This happened in May, June, July.... So eventually we saw that there is no correlation between a WAC numbers proximity to any other case with its process but the received dates has a connection. 

Some people here, screen shots my posts and posts it in the facebook k1 visa related pages. As this is all public. And I am not going to give a huge load of information even if it does not contain direct personal information here. Because on facebook with the addition of real names, it becomes a private information.

Hence I won't be posting it. Because it is not necessary. 

I understand why you would think it was, but that thought actually only causes people stress thinking, OMG they touched 1 case before mine but didn't touch mine (which is not related to their processing) If one wishes to pursue this thought, I would say get case tracker app, because it lets you scan cases before and after the number you put. There fore if you put your number you can see what's happening around it.

As they do not update the tracker everyday, or update all rfes and approvals, the only important info we should expect from these updates would be what/if they update, and which date they are doing.

Good luck on the journey!

Hi @Naes,

While I believe the WACs are public information and including them in scans would be helpful in my own and others’ hopeful yet incorrect analyses (ha ha), I absolutely see how you would want to control your posts and what others may share on other social media.

Keep up your important contributions to VJ. We all appreciate you very much :)

Thanks much!

Jason

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jason32903 said:

Hi @Naes,

While I believe the WACs are public information and including them in scans would be helpful in my own and others’ hopeful yet incorrect analyses (ha ha), I absolutely see how you would want to control your posts and what others may share on other social media.

Keep up your important contributions to VJ. We all appreciate you very much :)

Thanks much!

Jason

Thank you :) 

however if you want more about this the lists that are on the google drive although do not contain wac numbers, it is in the same order with the wacs, and if you want to know which number you wac would be in that list in order to check cases around you, you can message me your wac or last digits of it and I'll tell you.

I would definitely try case tracker app if you're interested in proximity of cases (the one on iPhone let's you do 500 cases per time)

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Naes said:

Well nobody every wanted to send magic up my anywhere so that's flattering? I think? And they seem to have approval magic so maybe that's good?🤔🤔

i need to consult my fiance about this....

Consult your Fiancé? 🤔

Girl, Leave the Tall Man alone!

We Got This!👌

Edited by ChuAni

21 minutes ago, Elisa B said:

Anyone have advice on how to start the process to requesting an expidite? I dont know where to begin... I've read you have to call USCIS, i tried and could never get a real person. Also read you have to send a letter, but could never find where to send a letter to? So confused!

You can do that online at the USCIS site.  I hope everyone is OK there.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@ChuAni

i dont know if you can handle this girl I am like a magical kardashian or something!

i have approval magic!

by the way just to make sure about something:

now "do you have magic" was a joke;

me continuously talking about my magical parts after that comment: now THIS is TROLLing...

just for future reference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.