4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

Well she lives with her parents like taking care of them so we don’t want to say she’s taking care of them because we are afraid they gonna say something about jt

Let them say whateber the blank they want. They arent there to say, they are there to understand whats true and whats not. So tell the truth. Not criticising you here but they are investigators and theres nonreason to be deceptive and if you are your going to get denied. What they think of her caring for her parents doesnt matter. Honestly it’s quite noble.

Tell them she has been caring for her parents. She met the love of her life and it’s time for her to move on with her life...

whats wrong with that? Nothing

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kas634 said:

Stupid Arizona law.... There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.

And the worst part? I've known this since I was a kid :P

25 years......... I wonder if you can get a waiver for that 🤔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

1 minute ago, Naes said:

25 years......... I wonder if you can get a waiver for that 🤔

I'll vouch for you, don't worry! 

Also, so jealous you're moving to Ventura, CA... I grew up in Los Angeles when I was a kid, right next to the beach and it's so beautiful.. the traffic ain't too fun though ;) Go to Six Flags for all of us! Or better yet, we have a VJ meetup at Six Flags!

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kas634 said:

I'll vouch for you, don't worry! 

Also, so jealous you're moving to Ventura, CA... I grew up in Los Angeles when I was a kid, right next to the beach and it's so beautiful.. the traffic ain't too fun though ;) Go to Six Flags for all of us! Or better yet, we have a VJ meetup at Six Flags!

I am already in loveeeee with Ventura!

ventura has less traffic than LA (another beautiful side of it!)

yesss to six flags!!!!

(Although I should warn, last time we went as a couple... we kind of concluded we were too old for this 😂😂😂 note that the person who said that is 26)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good night people so here is a quick update about our RFE that we just opened.

I hope this helps other people before sending or even if someone else also got this I'd like to know.  So basically what it says and request :

" you submitted your abstract birth certificate. However, an abstract birth certificate is not sufficient. As evidence of your U.S citizenship please submit a legible copy of any of the following: 

- Your civilly registered, long-form birth certificate that shows your birth was in the United States (Abstracts of Birth and birth documents issued by hospitals are not sufficient)

- Your Unexpired U.S passport

- A statement executed by a U.S consular officer certifying that you are a U.S citizen and the bearer of a currently valid U.S passport

- Your signed Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship; or

- Your department of State Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States."

My fianceé had this birth certificate for her entire life and it was used for everything including her passport, but apparently it wasn't sufficient in this case.

I wonder if we missed this somewhere because I'm pretty sure I never read it anywhere and I did follow the guides. BUT anyway, I'm glad it was something small. We just finished getting all her passport scanned and we are sending tomorrow, almost there now!! Hope this can help someone for future references. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
25 minutes ago, William and Betsy said:

Good night people so here is a quick update about our RFE that we just opened.

I hope this helps other people before sending or even if someone else also got this I'd like to know.  So basically what it says and request :

" you submitted your abstract birth certificate. However, an abstract birth certificate is not sufficient. As evidence of your U.S citizenship please submit a legible copy of any of the following: 

- Your civilly registered, long-form birth certificate that shows your birth was in the United States (Abstracts of Birth and birth documents issued by hospitals are not sufficient)

- Your Unexpired U.S passport

- A statement executed by a U.S consular officer certifying that you are a U.S citizen and the bearer of a currently valid U.S passport

- Your signed Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship; or

- Your department of State Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States."

My fianceé had this birth certificate for her entire life and it was used for everything including her passport, but apparently it wasn't sufficient in this case.

I wonder if we missed this somewhere because I'm pretty sure I never read it anywhere and I did follow the guides. BUT anyway, I'm glad it was something small. We just finished getting all her passport scanned and we are sending tomorrow, almost there now!! Hope this can help someone for future references. 

Long form birth certificates are quite common as a requriement now days. I had to go to baltimore to get just that from the state years ago. It’s easy. Marriage certificates are also done in tripple seal forms in DC I learned. These documents are hard to forge so thats the only reason really. She should use her new birth cert going forward. Keep the old one in the safe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

For current and future filers from Kazakhstan:

- US Embassy in Almaty has responded that all documents can be notarized in advance as they have indefinite validity (costed me 32000 KZT to notarize and certified translation);

- police certificate regarding absence of criminal records is valid for 1 year starting from the date of issuance (it took me 2 weeks to retrieve as it has to be non-electronic paper based onLetterhead and should be apostilled afterwards in Astana). Should be translated and certified by notary too. 

Certificate looks like the following: 

35983C86-4052-4717-B5B4-056F270B0B90.jpeg

CC1B05E4-A3B4-4DAA-9182-170AF72D3138.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

Long form birth certificates are quite common as a requriement now days. I had to go to baltimore to get just that from the state years ago. It’s easy. Marriage certificates are also done in tripple seal forms in DC I learned. These documents are hard to forge so thats the only reason really. She should use her new birth cert going forward. Keep the old one in the safe.

Yes! Exactly! Brandon had to request birth certificate from his orginal state too. 

I kindly ask you or anyone else to help with this question: should he send me for my interview a certified copy of it or is a simple copy of his passport enough? 

Edited by Azhar and Brandon

3 hours ago, DennisWaldron said:

Same here.... though i take a more serial lurker approach :)

Actually funny story... i didn't realize @NICK & PAULA was the same person thats been in a group chat with my fiancee for 6 months now.... kinda just now put 2 and 2 together.

I was about to tag you with this because I just realized it last night that you're Marian's fiance! Oh my geee! Hahahahaha! I love your girl so much. You're one lucky man. And of course she's also lucky to have you! :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

???

I am not American. I didn't say it is bad. It is just they are sending of a lot of their citizens more than most other countries, and they want their safety. 

These seminars give them info info on how to live abroad, how to deal with domestic violence etc.in k1 only the 15% is from Philippines, they are just trying to help them..

I don't understand your problem.

Even if it was not for their safety it is their rule and that's it. Believe me there are ridiculous laws in US too...

Are you crazy??? 

If you have a problem don't go around subtly, say it to my face.

If your going to be an American.... educate yourself about freedom...

For those that find human right important,  please contact me....

We will not be doing this class... it's in violation of this conversation of the Philippines and international human rights...

Freedom of movement, mobility rights, or the right to travel is a human rights concept encompassing the right of individuals to travel from place to place within the territory of a country,[1] and to leave the country and return to it. The right includes not only visiting places, but changing the place where the individual resides or works.[1][2]

Such a right is provided in the constitutions of numerous states, and in documents reflecting norms of international law. For example, Article 13 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights asserts that:

• a citizen of a state in which that citizen is present has the liberty to travel, reside in, and/or work in any part of the state where one pleases within the limits of respect for the liberty and rights of others,[3]
  • and that a citizen also has the right to leave any country, including his or her own, and to return to his or her country at any time.[4]

Some people and organizations advocate an extension of the freedom of movement to include a freedom of movement – or migration – between the countries as well as within the countries. This include Libertarian Party of the United States, the International Society for Individual Liberty, and economist Bryan Caplan.[5][6]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

You know that moment when you just can't just grasp the situation and your face looks like "what the --" moment... yeah I get that a lot recently....

It's only a WT# because no one else has the brains to realize that it's wrong and be man enough to stand up from the rest of the sheep and say so.... 

Tell me when you get there.... just saying..

Timeline
2 minutes ago, William 36875 said:

It's only a WT# because no one else has the brains to realize that it's wrong and be man enough to stand up from the rest of the sheep and say so.... 

Tell me when you get there.... just saying..

I know.. I'm looking at this one too and trying to understand what's wrong with you...

Edited by Naes

6 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

@Naes  -  girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got a call back from TIER 2 and he says we're approved today! 

@K & R @Thelucybelle @ChuAni @Kswtangel @SAD2017 @S_Flores @Justmel @Vholde346 @Jaquelly @streanor @Christy&J @emekus94 @Nikki&pat 

GUYSSSSSSS! NICK & I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TREMENDOUS AND OUT OF THIS WORLD SUPPORT. YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT HAVE KEPT ME HOPING. TODAY IS THE DAY! I AM CRYING AS I AM WRITING HERE. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE MOST AMAZING PEOPLE I'VE MET HERE. 

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! (I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY GUYS, I AM SHAKING AND CRYING) 

OmG!!!!!!!! Congrats !!!! so happy for you !!

Don't forget our BBQ party to celebrate it ! you do it at your home I'll do it at my place hahahaahahaha !!!

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.