Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

My husband and I responded to an RFE last week and we're hoping that we'll see some movement in the next few weeks to months... Still holding on! 

On 5/21/2019 at 2:33 PM, annem said:

Just checked, and they added one month to my estimation. How many months did they add to yours?

One month added to mine too. From another thread on N-400, I see that it's one month in SF (and all of California?) and approximately 4 months in NYC (and Miami?).

One month by itself isn't terrible, but I have a feeling we will keep seeing this again and again. Sigh.

Just to add on what you all were talking about, the processing times for my husband's case for both the I751 and N400 have both been increased by a few months (I can't recall exactly how many). So frustrating. Fingers crossed for all!

5 hours ago, bexiez said:

Just to add on what you all were talking about, the processing times for my husband's case for both the I751 and N400 have both been increased by a few months (I can't recall exactly how many). So frustrating. Fingers crossed for all!

What do you mean with this?

how and where did you find the delay in months?

I sent ROA 8/31/17 and N-400 on 9/11/18

i think we all need a miracle since the waiting is getting ridiculous 

32 minutes ago, GiorgioITA said:

What do you mean with this?

how and where did you find the delay in months?

I sent ROA 8/31/17 and N-400 on 9/11/18

i think we all need a miracle since the waiting is getting ridiculous 

A few different people had commented earlier starting that they had noticed that their processing times had been increased by a month or two when they had checked so I figured I should do the same. 

I found the updated processing times on USCIS's website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/.

Once it has been 90 days since we submitted our last RFE, I plan to file an inquiry via my Congressman if we still haven't heard anything. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 4.52.03 PM.png

18 hours ago, bexiez said:

A few different people had commented earlier starting that they had noticed that their processing times had been increased by a month or two when they had checked so I figured I should do the same. 

I found the updated processing times on USCIS's website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/.

Once it has been 90 days since we submitted our last RFE, I plan to file an inquiry via my Congressman if we still haven't heard anything. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 4.52.03 PM.png

Thanks for the info! 

I have to LOL at these folks - 14 to 19 months? Well, I'm already at the beginning of month 20! 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have news? I ran into a friend whose husband is/was about 6-9 months behind mine in the process. He has already received his 10 yr greencard and now is waiting only on naturalization. I was excited for them but confused as to why our application hadn't moved when they are virtually the same. Luck of the draw I guess!

2 hours ago, bexiez said:

Anyone have news? I ran into a friend whose husband is/was about 6-9 months behind mine in the process. He has already received his 10 yr greencard and now is waiting only on naturalization. I was excited for them but confused as to why our application hadn't moved when they are virtually the same. Luck of the draw I guess!

Did you apply for N-400? If yes, then that's the answer, you will probably have a combo interview, so depends on your local office how long it takes to get an interview.

If you haven't applied yet, then I'd suggest to file online inquiry regarding your ROC as it's out of normal processing time! 

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Just now, Inna&Chris said:

Did you apply for N-400? If yes, then that's the answer, you will probably have a combo interview, so depends on your local office how long it takes to get an interview.

If you haven't applied yet, then I'd suggest to file online inquiry regarding your ROC as it's out of normal processing time! 

We did apply for the N-400 and we did not have a combo interview. We had an... interesting N-400 interview that ended up w/ the officer stating that you couldn't apply for the N-400 with a pending I-751 (not true). We responded to an RFE a few weeks back so we're simply waiting to hear back on that. 

On 6/12/2019 at 3:59 PM, bexiez said:

We did apply for the N-400 and we did not have a combo interview. We had an... interesting N-400 interview that ended up w/ the officer stating that you couldn't apply for the N-400 with a pending I-751 (not true). We responded to an RFE a few weeks back so we're simply waiting to hear back on that. 

Off topic

a friend of mine today did his naturalization ceremony here in Miami. He applied for It 23months ago. 

He got his Permanent green card under Obama administration 

Let all keep waiting. As for today my status has not changed AT ALL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Just got an update on my status and was able to read the letter I'll get soon in the mail. They scheduled my n400 interview in late July! 😃

Since my I-751 is still pending, does that mean it's a double interview? They don't mention it in the letter.

41 minutes ago, annem said:

Just got an update on my status and was able to read the letter I'll get soon in the mail. They scheduled my n400 interview in late July! 😃

Since my I-751 is still pending, does that mean it's a double interview? They don't mention it in the letter.

Where is your case?

when did you apply? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, annem said:

Seems like similar people had an N-400 interview and pending that goes successfully, there is nothing further to do (they dont do a separate I-751 interview).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.