Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

So here is my story, I filed in August 2017, got the 1 year extension letter a month later, then never heard back from USCIS no updates, no biometrics no nothing.
In the mean time i ve been calling and asking about updates, and no answers no updates. 

In February 2019, I ve called to ask for a stamp as I didnt receive no extension letter, I went to the detroit office got the stamp and randomly pointed out that I ve never had my biometrics appointment, the officer said that she was gonna schedule one for me, and I ended up doing my biometrics on the spot.

Forward to march 2019, my case was outside normal processing times so I called and called my congressman, they updated my status to case moved to local office and they said that my case suffered from a technical glitch which is why it has been idle.

June 2019, i havent heard from USCIS so I refiled an out of normal processing times request and called my congressman to inquire about my case, they reached out to me saying that they didnt hear back from uscis but a couple days later (July 2019) I got an interview date for august 5th, I ve never filed n400 BTW.

I noticed that most people here got their approvals without going through the interview process, any hints on what to take what to do in the interview and if like the first interview I will get my approval or denial at the end of the interview.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
7 minutes ago, biba1403 said:

I noticed that most people here got their approvals without going through the interview process, any hints on what to take what to do in the interview and if like the first interview I will get my approval or denial at the end of the interview.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hey!

Got my combo interview for I-751 and N400 yesterday. I brought about 40 pictures of me and husband from the past 2 years, our latest tax returns, papers showing that were both beneficiaries on each other's life insurance and health insurance. I also had a copy of our house's warranty deed.

I didn't get approved on the spot for the I-751, they said they would decide later that day, but this morning when I woke up, my status had changed to Card in Production.

However, the officer told me yesterday that I was approved for the n400 pending the I-751 approval.

Good luck on your interview!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, annem said:

Hey!

Got my combo interview for I-751 and N400 yesterday. I brought about 40 pictures of me and husband from the past 2 years, our latest tax returns, papers showing that were both beneficiaries on each other's life insurance and health insurance. I also had a copy of our house's warranty deed.

I didn't get approved on the spot for the I-751, they said they would decide later that day, but this morning when I woke up, my status had changed to Card in Production.

However, the officer told me yesterday that I was approved for the n400 pending the I-751 approval.

Good luck on your interview!

Congrats! And this is very helpful, thanks.

Just curious - did you get two separate interview letters, one for I-751 and one for N-400? Or just one letter for N-400 alone?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DrGecko said:

Congrats! And this is very helpful, thanks.

Just curious - did you get two separate interview letters, one for I-751 and one for N-400? Or just one letter for N-400 alone?

Thank you!

Yes, I got two separate interview letters listing the same date, time and location. I received the I-751 interview letter much later than the N-400 (about two weeks apart).

I received my brand new green card but I already have my oath ceremony next week which means I'll have to give them back the brand new green card 😅

23 minutes ago, annem said:

Thank you!

Yes, I got two separate interview letters listing the same date, time and location. I received the I-751 interview letter much later than the N-400 (about two weeks apart).

I received my brand new green card but I already have my oath ceremony next week which means I'll have to give them back the brand new green card 😅

OK, good to know! I was wondering if getting two letters was odd, and I'm glad it's not out of the ordinary 😁

I feel like we have a ton of evidence after all these years... Did you only go with stuff from the last 2 years or did you also include the 'greatest hits' from your entire time together? I'm thinking of doing that to provide historical context, even if a few things are repeats of what we have already given them before.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, Arron said:

Did u applied for n-400? I think, when we applied for n-400 while I-751 is pending. n-400 takes priority over i751, so both cases will be adjusted s are time.

Morning folks! Just received an update for my status.. they are requested more evidences now!  I have time to answer before 8/28. Still waiting the material mail in mailbox thou! Keep you posted!

On 8/14/2019 at 8:36 AM, GiorgioITA said:

Morning folks! Just received an update for my status.. they are requested more evidences now!  I have time to answer before 8/28. Still waiting the material mail in mailbox thou! Keep you posted!

Aww! Good luck though! What did you give them last time? What do you plan to add, if I may ask?

I just received the hard copy of it.

The paper says that "you have not established eligibility to have the conditions on your residence removed."

They requested more evidences also due to the fact we are pending divorce (wife filed divorce on 7/27).

I submitted a lot of pictures, power bills, flight tickets, hotel reservations, health insurance cards, c/c bills, bank statements, car insurance, rent contract and more on 8/31/17.

On 8/31/2018 when I applied for N-400I submitted the same docs above updated.

I will speak with my lawyer and once I will have the package ready I will share the situation.

I have a deadline of 11/8 to answer them

1 hour ago, GiorgioITA said:

The paper says that "you have not established eligibility to have the conditions on your residence removed."

They requested more evidences also due to the fact we are pending divorce (wife filed divorce on 7/27).

I submitted a lot of pictures, power bills, flight tickets, hotel reservations, health insurance cards, c/c bills, bank statements, car insurance, rent contract and more on 8/31/17.

I will speak with my lawyer and once I will have the package ready I will share the situation.

How are you able to apply for n-400 when your divorce is pending? To qualify for n400 under the 3 year rule, you have to be married all the way to your oath ceremony.

27 minutes ago, vvp said:

How are you able to apply for n-400 when your divorce is pending? To qualify for n400 under the 3 year rule, you have to be married all the way to your oath ceremony.

Looks like he filed n400 before the divorce started

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

Timeline
On 8/7/2019 at 12:23 PM, DrGecko said:

OK, good to know! I was wondering if getting two letters was odd, and I'm glad it's not out of the ordinary 😁

I feel like we have a ton of evidence after all these years... Did you only go with stuff from the last 2 years or did you also include the 'greatest hits' from your entire time together? I'm thinking of doing that to provide historical context, even if a few things are repeats of what we have already given them before.

Sorry for the late response, I brought originals of the evidence we submitted for the initial i-750 application, and new evidence for the past 2 years. So nothing older than 3 years. The officer filed the new evidence, so make sure you also bring copies.

22 minutes ago, annem said:

Sorry for the late response, I brought originals of the evidence we submitted for the initial i-750 application, and new evidence for the past 2 years. So nothing older than 3 years. The officer filed the new evidence, so make sure you also bring copies.

Hey, no worries! I still have some time. And thanks, that's good to know! I always wonder how far back to go with these things.

2 hours ago, GiorgioITA said:

What about jointly filed taxes? Any joint purchases? Any correspondence? That's all I can think of that's missing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.