Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, vvp said:

Well it won’t work now due to the divorce. Will have to refile once 5 year permanent resident.

I know - I was just answering your question

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

27 minutes ago, DrGecko said:

What about jointly filed taxes? Any joint purchases? Any correspondence? That's all I can think of that's missing.

Yeah sorry we filed tax together all the way since we have been married. We did not but anything together besides a car. Health insurance together, bank account together and credit card together. And yes I applied for N-400 on 8/18 and we filed divorce on 7/19. I know I will have to wait one more year to re-apply for citizenship but with the current timing it is sort of ok.

2 hours ago, GiorgioITA said:

Yeah sorry we filed tax together all the way since we have been married. We did not but anything together besides a car. Health insurance together, bank account together and credit card together. And yes I applied for N-400 on 8/18 and we filed divorce on 7/19. I know I will have to wait one more year to re-apply for citizenship but with the current timing it is sort of ok.

Did you notified USCIS about pending divorce? I wonder what’s going to happen to your n-400... 

This all sounds good to me. What else are you planning to add in response to the RFE🤷‍♂️ Good luck anyway!

1 hour ago, vvp said:

Omg, that’s really long time. Mine is pending for 22 and I thought it’s long. Have you tried submitting inquiries that it’s out of processing time?

This is completely "normal" if you have also filed the N-400. I have a similar timeline.

31 minutes ago, DrGecko said:

This is completely "normal" if you have also filed the N-400. I have a similar timeline.

It is just weird that they ask for more evidences since we sent 200 pages of evidences on 8/17, 200 more updated on 8/18 and now they want more. It is probably there is a divorce in between! But seriously 24 months it is just a long time

It is just weird that they ask for more evidences since we sent 200 pages of evidences on 8/17, 200 more updated on 8/18 and now they want more. It is probably there is a divorce in between! But seriously 24 months it is just a long time

200 pages times two? Did you submit every page of every bill? And every page of every bank account statement? 1 photo per page?

I'm just curious how folks on this website seem to have such thick submissions.

Anyway, I agree the current processing times are too long. I-751 petitions used to take less than 6 months just 4 years ago!

1 hour ago, DrGecko said:

200 pages times two? Did you submit every page of every bill? And every page of every bank account statement? 1 photo per page?

I'm just curious how folks on this website seem to have such thick submissions.

Anyway, I agree the current processing times are too long. I-751 petitions used to take less than 6 months just 4 years ago!

I submitted 196 pages for I-751 and 184 for N-400.. just checked!

more than 100 pictures. AmEx statements, Bank statements, health insurance, car insurance, flight tickets, hotels booking etc

yes I understand the change on the immigration system but 24months it is really a LOOOONG TIME! on my I-751 I remember I have also sent affidavits from friends about our marriage.

i just don’t understand how come people pass the first interview, they send over to a of docs and they insisting on requested more proofs.

for Florida people.. I applied in the Miami Dade County Immigration office.. some people I know more to Naples (west coast of Florida) and in less than 6months they applied to N-400 and they have already their passport in their pocket.. C R A Z Y

I submitted 196 pages for I-751 and 184 for N-400.. just checked!

more than 100 pictures. AmEx statements, Bank statements, health insurance, car insurance, flight tickets, hotels booking etc

yes I understand the change on the immigration system but 24months it is really a LOOOONG TIME! on my I-751 I remember I have also sent affidavits from friends about our marriage.

i just don’t understand how come people pass the first interview, they send over to a of docs and they insisting on requested more proofs.

for Florida people.. I applied in the Miami Dade County Immigration office.. some people I know more to Naples (west coast of Florida) and in less than 6months they applied to N-400 and they have already their passport in their pocket.. C R A Z Y

And you still got an RFE? What does it take to pass without one LOL?

I think all big cities have long waits.

35 minutes ago, DrGecko said:

And you still got an RFE? What does it take to pass without one LOL?

I think all big cities have long waits.

True. Well there is a big gap age between my wife and I, so maybe that is the reason.

I actually stopped thinking why it went this way... I’m just going with the flow! 

15 hours ago, GiorgioITA said:

True. Well there is a big gap age between my wife and I, so maybe that is the reason.

I actually stopped thinking why it went this way... I’m just going with the flow! 

Looking at your previous comments, I see you have presented all the financial stuff you could... What about more personal stuff? Emails? Social media post screenshots? It seems invasive, but if you have more to prove in their eyes, might help?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.