Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Aaron Rodgers said:

I have a question guys. Im filing I-130 to bring my mom to the US, my dad passed away 5 years ago. When filing, do i have to include my birth certificate or hers???

And if so, do i send originals or copies?

Thanks a lot

1. Your birth certificate goes with the 130... the 130 is about you and establishing the relationship between you the petitioner and the beneficiary , your mom ..the instructions for  completing the I130.. found on the same USCIS webpage as the I130 form, explain the evidence needed for each relationship .. look at #6 under that heading 

2. PhotoCopy of the original.. again this is stated in the instructions. Make sure you read the instructions PDF fir each form you or your mom are completing at every step in this process 

3 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

1. Your birth certificate goes with the 130... the 130 is about you and establishing the relationship between you the petitioner and the beneficiary , your mom ..the instructions for  completing the I130.. found on the same USCIS webpage as the I130 form, explain the evidence needed for each relationship .. look at #6 under that heading 

2. PhotoCopy of the original.. again this is stated in the instructions. Make sure you read the instructions PDF fir each form you or your mom are completing at every step in this process 

Thank you for the help

Hi, can you give me an idea how soon NVC sends you the case complete email with the interview date? I received the documentary qualified email for my mom last June 1, 2019 and my dad's on June 3, 2019.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For those who pettitioned for their parent who is abroad, what is the next step after receiving approval? 

We sent out the petition for my husbands mother, he is a USC. I sent the I130 with both their birth certificates, passports. BC translation of my MIL. Check for app. And passport pics just in case. 

However we want to know what would be the next step to take after approval. Does USCIS take care of scheduling an interview with her abroad (Mex.) Or does she have to do that? 

Timeline
On 6/18/2019 at 5:35 AM, Elmkiety said:

Hi,

can i only file to bring my mother since my father doesn’t want to come !!

can we file for one parent only ?

thank you

Each parent is filed for separately. Doesn’t depend on both coming   Each petition is separate 

Timeline
14 hours ago, LCCF said:

For those who pettitioned for their parent who is abroad, what is the next step after receiving approval? 

We sent out the petition for my husbands mother, he is a USC. I sent the I130 with both their birth certificates, passports. BC translation of my MIL. Check for app. And passport pics just in case. 

However we want to know what would be the next step to take after approval. Does USCIS take care of scheduling an interview with her abroad (Mex.) Or does she have to do that? 

The first step is the I130 petition. After this is approved the petition is sent to the NVC which is when the beneficiary of the petition .. in this case the parent .. applies for the immigrant visa. You should become very familiar with the whole process... read the guide on the vj guide tab , and this resource is very helpful 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Timeline
22 hours ago, certifiedcuracha said:

Hi, can you give me an idea how soon NVC sends you the case complete email with the interview date? I received the documentary qualified email for my mom last June 1, 2019 and my dad's on June 3, 2019.

It friends on how long it takes for them to be allocated an interview slot. This is dependent on the country in which they are interviewing 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, Lil bear said:

It friends on how long it takes for them to be allocated an interview slot. This is dependent on the country in which they are interviewing 

I got the interview date for my parents today! yay!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.