Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Posting in this forum as I didn't get a response in the Sept forum:

Hello folks 

While collecting the documents and reading the Mumbai Consulate pre-interview checkist, came across this:

Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is not accompanying)

My parents have 2 children. Me and my sister. I am the petitioner, in the USA. They will carry the original of my birth certificate with them to the interview. Do they need to carry my sister's birth certificate as well? Or does the "principal applicant" give a clue that this is not required for IR5 as each applicant is individual, not really a principal applicant (where derivative relations can immigrate on the same application).

Please advise. Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lane O said:

All you need is the A-number and the DOS case number to pay. 

I just received an update that they already mailed my mom GC today. :)

Thank Lane O, appreciate it

Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lane O said:

All you need is the A-number and the DOS case number to pay. 

I just received an update that they already mailed my mom GC today. :)

Thank you Lane

Timeline
On 9/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, Lane O said:

I only rescheduled when they told us it's ok to get an interview appointment after waiting for 8 weeks. 

Hi my mom interview is on Dec 17 and she did her medical for two days. Today they told her that there’s abnormality on the xray she need to go back next week for 3 consecutive days. St Lukes told my mom too that they will reschedule her interview date is that true? They said she will be no Show on that interview date. Did you cancel your mom’s original interview date and reschedule it? Thank you for the help. 

I30 Petition for my Mother Timeline

SVC: Texas Service Center

03/01/2018- Sent Petition to USCIS via USPS

03/05/2018- USCIS received petition PRIORITY DATE

03/08/2018- NOA1

08/31/2018- USCIS Approved Petition

09/03/2018- NOA2

09/10/2018- Case sent to NVC

09/18/2018- NVC received case

10/12/2018- received email from NVC with the case # ( CEAC processing )

10/16/2018- Paid Fees AOS and Visa Fee

10/19/2018- Submitted Documents. Civil Documents/AOS and completed DS260

10/30/2018- received email from NVC. checked my CEAC acct rejected AOS, Police Clearance and Birth Certificate

Reason: some part is cut off and not clear. Resubmitted the same day.

11/08/2018- Received an email from NVC that all the required documents are approved. Its documentarily qualified and they will schedule the interview.

11/19/2018- Received an email that interview is scheduled for December 17

11/22/2018- First day medical

11/23/2018- Second day medical saw abnormality on the xray need to go back for sputum culture.

1/31/2019-Back to St.Lukes. Medical approved. Scheduled Interview 

2/08/2019-INTERVIEW PASSED

2/13/2019-Visa Issued Status

On 11/20/2018 at 8:24 AM, adar24 said:

Posting in this forum as I didn't get a response in the Sept forum:

Hello folks 

While collecting the documents and reading the Mumbai Consulate pre-interview checkist, came across this:

Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is not accompanying)

My parents have 2 children. Me and my sister. I am the petitioner, in the USA. They will carry the original of my birth certificate with them to the interview. Do they need to carry my sister's birth certificate as well? Or does the "principal applicant" give a clue that this is not required for IR5 as each applicant is individual, not really a principal applicant (where derivative relations can immigrate on the same application).

Please advise. Thanks

Has anyone encountered this instruction for their parents? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

My mom also have 2 children, my sister and I but they never asked any documents in regards to my sister. But I dont know about your embassy. I think just to be safe, have it ready. 

11 hours ago, EandJ said:

Hi my mom interview is on Dec 17 and she did her medical for two days. Today they told her that there’s abnormality on the xray she need to go back next week for 3 consecutive days. St Lukes told my mom too that they will reschedule her interview date is that true? They said she will be no Show on that interview date. Did you cancel your mom’s original interview date and reschedule it? Thank you for the help. 

We were the one who reschdule my mom interview after getting cleared by the SLEC. 

I did not cancel, just no show. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Lane O said:

We were the one who reschdule my mom interview after getting cleared by the SLEC. 

I did not cancel, just no show. 

Thank You so much for the reply

I30 Petition for my Mother Timeline

SVC: Texas Service Center

03/01/2018- Sent Petition to USCIS via USPS

03/05/2018- USCIS received petition PRIORITY DATE

03/08/2018- NOA1

08/31/2018- USCIS Approved Petition

09/03/2018- NOA2

09/10/2018- Case sent to NVC

09/18/2018- NVC received case

10/12/2018- received email from NVC with the case # ( CEAC processing )

10/16/2018- Paid Fees AOS and Visa Fee

10/19/2018- Submitted Documents. Civil Documents/AOS and completed DS260

10/30/2018- received email from NVC. checked my CEAC acct rejected AOS, Police Clearance and Birth Certificate

Reason: some part is cut off and not clear. Resubmitted the same day.

11/08/2018- Received an email from NVC that all the required documents are approved. Its documentarily qualified and they will schedule the interview.

11/19/2018- Received an email that interview is scheduled for December 17

11/22/2018- First day medical

11/23/2018- Second day medical saw abnormality on the xray need to go back for sputum culture.

1/31/2019-Back to St.Lukes. Medical approved. Scheduled Interview 

2/08/2019-INTERVIEW PASSED

2/13/2019-Visa Issued Status

6 hours ago, Lane O said:

My mom also have 2 children, my sister and I but they never asked any documents in regards to my sister. But I dont know about your embassy. I think just to be safe, have it ready. 

Thanks Lane. We will try to keep that ready. Maybe the instructions make it clearer once they schedule the interview. I think the Consulate instructions are generic for all types of immigrant visas. 

Anyone with Mumbai Consulate experience here?

Timeline
On 11/20/2018 at 4:53 PM, Cherry & Mama said:

Thank you Lane

Hello guys my mom passed her interview last 12/28, we’re just waiting for her passport to be release along with her visa which is for pick up at 2GO location.

thank you guys for all y’all help which I’m still gonna need after my mom arrived here in the US which is most probably by January since ticket around December is quite expensive.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Hello guys my mom passed her interview last 12/28, we’re just waiting for her passport to be release along with her visa which is for pick up at 2GO location.

thank you guys for all y’all help which I’m still gonna need after my mom arrived here in the US which is most probably by January since ticket around December is quite expensive.

Correction Interview date **11/28**

10 hours ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Correction Interview date **11/28**

Congratulations! Yay! 

For a plane ticket, I bought a round trip ticket for my mom since getting one way was expensive than the round trip that time. I used cheapoair website. 

Your mom did the CFO? 

Update: We already have my mom State ID/Real ID and the Green card, it took at least 7 days to have the green card after I paid the fee and for the State ID, it took less than 3 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can I request to expedite my petition of bringing my mother to USA  due to my medical issue and I need her to be present in order to take care of my needs?

Does anyone has experience with such cases or any suggestion?

I have all my medical reports.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lane O said:

Congratulations! Yay! 

For a plane ticket, I bought a round trip ticket for my mom since getting one way was expensive than the round trip that time. I used cheapoair website. 

Your mom did the CFO? 

Update: We already have my mom State ID/Real ID and the Green card, it took at least 7 days to have the green card after I paid the fee and for the State ID, it took less than 3 weeks. 

wow your mom status is finally complete congrats!

I will definitely check that website for cheapair ticket thank you!

btw what is cfo?  :)

Edited by Cherry & Mama

1 hour ago, Cherry & Mama said:

wow your mom status is finally complete congrats!

I will definitely check that website for cheapair ticket thank you!

btw what is cfo?  :)

https://www.cfo.gov.ph

Your mom need the CFO sticker on her passport, it's one of the requirements before departure. If your mom is a senior citizen then she does not need to attend a seminar. 

Check out the link. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.