Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/26/2018 at 12:30 PM, Lane O said:

We already applied for State ID yesterday at the DMV, they will issue Real ID plus Senior ID for my mom - there is no fee if your parent is 62 and above in California DMV.  I'm not sure about other states. 

I will pay the 220 USD next week so they will send her Green Card. :)

Thanks for the update Lane btw did your mom apply for SSN before applying for the State ID and senior ID? What are the requirements at the DMV?

1 hour ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Thanks for the update Lane btw did your mom apply for SSN before applying for the State ID and senior ID? What are the requirements at the DMV?

We just checked the option in the form DS 260 for SSN and within a week we received the SSN in the mail. 

For DMV, just her passport and her SSN id. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lane O said:

We just checked the option in the form DS 260 for SSN and within a week we received the SSN in the mail. 

For DMV, just her passport and her SSN id. 

do you mean the SSN arrived in your mail just within a week when your mom arrived in the US?  thanks for your help Lane

1 hour ago, Cherry & Mama said:

do you mean the SSN arrived in your mail just within a week when your mom arrived in the US?  thanks for your help Lane

Yes, one week from the date of arrival. 

8 hours ago, Lane O said:

good for you @Lane O we waited for 3 weeks hoping that we would get moms ssn thru the mail, unfortunately it didn’t happen. we had to go to the local ssn office to apply. 

IR5 TIMELINE (Petition for my mom)

8/4/2017: Priority date; Potomac Service Center

2/7/2018: Date of NOA2 (approved)

NVC PROCESSING

2/20/2018: documents received by NVC

3/29/2018: case number was assigned

4/2/2018: welcome letter received thru email

4/3/2018: DS261 form (choice of agent & address) was submitted

4/4/2018: phoned NVC to verify choice of agent and address, paid AOS fee

4/6/2018: IV fee option became clickable and was able to submit payment

4/12/2018: DS260 form became available online

5/4/2018: sent the AOS & IV packages ( packages put in a 2 separate small envelopes and together placed it in one big envelope)

5/17/2018: Case complete

5/24/2018: received an email from NVC stating that the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment

5/29-30/2018: Passed the advanced medical at SLEC

5/31/2018: received P4 interview letter

6/21/2018: received an email from manila embassy that they received and reviewed my mom’s file, also indicated the documents required to bring to her interview

7/10/2018: Date of Interview; passed the interview but received 221g, need to submit additional NBI clearance with aka per marriage certificate.

applied for NBI clearance at NBI  main ( taft ave.)

registered for visa delivery address by calling (+703)5202235 EST, i chose MOA 2go for pick up 

7/13/2018: release of NBI clearance and sent to 2go robinsons manila

7/16-17/2018: AP status ( checked thru CEAC)

7/18/2018: at NVC

7/19/2018: AP

7/20/2018: Issued

7/24/2018: visa delivered to MOA 2go (didn’t wait for their text, i called them at +6329011401 instead)

7/25/2018: Visa on hand

7/27/2018: CFO seminar

7/30/2018: pay green card fee

8/7/2018: POE at DFW

8/24/2018: “card is being produced” status

9/1/2018: “card was mailed to me”  status

9/5/2018: GC received

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lane O said:

Got it btw $220 payment for GC payable to whom? And where you gonna send your payment?

Edited by Cherry & Mama

23 hours ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Got it btw $220 payment for GC payable to whom? And where you gonna send your payment?

The gave my mom a printed paper with all the information with instructions on how to pay and such.

Edited by Lane O

On 10/28/2018 at 6:34 AM, davendale said:

good for you @Lane O we waited for 3 weeks hoping that we would get moms ssn thru the mail, unfortunately it didn’t happen. we had to go to the local ssn office to apply. 

Oh damn. Sorry to hear that.  I'm glad they mailed it to us, cause the SSN office is so freaking busy, I will have to take a day off from work just to take care of it. 

Edited by Lane O

• 3 weeks later...

Update guys! 

For all the parents that undergo sputum in the Philippines,  after at least two weeks of arrival in the US,  the public health nurse will visit your place and will schedule your parent/s for a checkup in a clinic, it is free of charge. 

They did another X-ray and compared to the X-ray conducted in the Philippines, it the same result so my mom had to do sputum test for 3 again. Today was the last day. 

They also did blood work, they told us we will know the result of the blood work within a week and if the blood work is ok then they will close the case. 

On 10/28/2018 at 7:04 AM, Cherry & Mama said:

All you need is the A-number and the DOS case number to pay. 

I just received an update that they already mailed my mom GC today. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone 

Me and my husband came to  the us in July after one year of our pd when our son applied for us. I have a question.  Can we take obamacare for our health insurance?  I heard it can cause problems at the time of applying for citizenship.  Any feedback will be appreciated. Tia

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 12:17 PM, MrsKhan said:

Hello everyone 

Me and my husband came to  the us in July after one year of our pd when our son applied for us. I have a question.  Can we take obamacare for our health insurance?  I heard it can cause problems at the time of applying for citizenship.  Any feedback will be appreciated. Tia

Hello - not sure what kind of problems would arise out of using insurance under ACA (Obamacare). As a permanent resident, you are entitled to purchase insurance on the marketplace. There is currently some discussion around a proposed rule that is related to the evaluation of Public Charge (see here: https://www.ilrc.org/public-charge), but again, this rule will not apply to naturalization. You might want to consult an agent/broker - you should be able to find that on healthcare.gov.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/16/2018 at 10:07 PM, adar24 said:

Hello - not sure what kind of problems would arise out of using insurance under ACA (Obamacare). As a permanent resident, you are entitled to purchase insurance on the marketplace. There is currently some discussion around a proposed rule that is related to the evaluation of Public Charge (see here: https://www.ilrc.org/public-charge), but again, this rule will not apply to naturalization. You might want to consult an agent/broker - you should be able to find that on healthcare.gov.

Thank you for your reply.  I really appreciate it. God bless 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.