Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I have been looking for July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of the U.S citizens but I cannot find one. 

I sent the application July 14 and I got a notification from USPS that it was received yesterday. 

These are the documents I included with my mom's Form I-130

Naturalization Certificate

My birth Certificate

Parent's Marriage Contract

Check 535 USD

Let's update each other here. 

Hey, I'll join you!

My husband became a USC last March, so we've just filed to bring his biological father (living in Netherlands, widowed) to live with us.

We mailed the I-130 on July 14th. It was marked received on the 18th, and check was cashed on the 21st.

We included Naturalization Certificate, husband's birth certificate, parents' marriage certificate, mother's death certificate, and $535 check.

Hoping for a speedy process! :)

AOS from Marriage on B2 ~ Full & Detailed Timeline in My Profile

• Married in Las Vegas - 5.11.11
  • Greencard received - 11.18.11
  • Removing of Conditions - package mailed 10.9.13
  • Greencard received - 1.23.14
  • Naturalization - package mailed 4.26.16
  • Oath ceremony - 3.28.17
  • Petition Alien Relative (Father Abroad) - package mailed 7.14.17
  • Check cashed - 7.21.17
  • NOA1 (I-797C receipt dated 7.18) received - 7.27.17
  • NOA2 (approval, dated 1.31) received - 2.5.18

Received the I-797C NOA (receipt) in the mail today.

AOS from Marriage on B2 ~ Full & Detailed Timeline in My Profile

• Married in Las Vegas - 5.11.11
  • Greencard received - 11.18.11
  • Removing of Conditions - package mailed 10.9.13
  • Greencard received - 1.23.14
  • Naturalization - package mailed 4.26.16
  • Oath ceremony - 3.28.17
  • Petition Alien Relative (Father Abroad) - package mailed 7.14.17
  • Check cashed - 7.21.17
  • NOA1 (I-797C receipt dated 7.18) received - 7.27.17
  • NOA2 (approval, dated 1.31) received - 2.5.18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

My wife became a citizen a few months ago and now she is petitioning her mom to come here. Got the NOA1 yesterday and has been sent to Nebraska. It's my understanding it takes a few months to get approved there before being sent to the NVC? Thanks in advance and good luck to all.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sent mine June 9th

They said it was received June 13th

Got the Email that it was accepted on June 19th

For some  reason I got the NOA1 mail like last week

Still here dying slowly while waiting....

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi Guys - 

We are getting ready to send in I-130 petition for my mom and dad. Here is what we have collected as documents so far:

Would really appreciate if someone can check and advise based on their experience...

For mom:

1.) I-130 form

2.) Check for fees

3.) G-1145 enotification form

4.) Cover letter

5.) Copy of my petitioner) birth certificate copy and a certified translation

--- my BC is in non-English

--- my BC has my mom's name shortened (Geeta instead of Geetali). I am hoping that putting in the short name in Part 4 5a - 5c (Other names used) for beneficiary will help overcome this.

6.) Copy of my naturalization certificate

7.) Copy of my unexpired US passport

For dad:

1.) I-130 form

2.) Check for fees

3.) G-1145 enotification form

4.) Cover letter

5.) Copy of my petitioner) birth certificate copy and a certified translation

--- my BC is in non-English

6.) Copy of my naturalization certificate

7.) Copy of my unexpired US passport

8.) Marriage certificate of my parents

Some questions:

1.) I have read in some places that people have sent their mom's and dad's birth certificates alongwith I-130 packet. Is that necessary? We don't have their BCs (birth never registered) but are in the process of getting secondary evidence (School Leaving, etc). That will take some time, so wanted to check if we can send in I-130 with just the above.

2.) Do you see any issues with the short name thing for my mom? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

3.) My parent's marriage certificate is in English except for part of the issuing authority's stamp and some minor notes about issuing copies at the end of the certificate -- which are in native language. Should we get the marriage certificate translated too?

Thanks very much and good luck with your process.

Edited by adar24

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello

My son filed for my husband and me priority date is 6/2/2017. I know this is July filers but couldn't find one for June. Received noa1 both by mail and email.

i-130 US citizen bring parent to US 

I know i'm not july. File on 08/28

Just received a receipt and check cash on 9/1

I just wanted to  know, if there or no error or RFE etc...about how long 

from file to interview? 1, 2 year? year and half?

I have to request at least a year in advance for my vacation, to go get them.

thanks.

Timeline

@4izenough dear according to my research and study expect less than a year for interview from noa1. It depends on other factors too such as which service center is handling your case and the embassy where your parents will have their interview.  

Edited by MrsKhan

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I started a thread for July 2017 I 130 filers but if you don't mind, I'd like to join here too. Sent my application July 17th but didn't get NOA1 until 26th. Anyways, my PD is July 19th. It's been 45days but my receipt number isn't recognized by the USCIS website so I still couldn't check the status online. I already called like three times and was told that there's nothing wrong. It's just a technical glitch in their system that cannot be easily resolved. My case was forwarded to Nebraska Service Center which doesn't have that good of a reputation when it comes to efficiency in processing cases but I am still praying and hoping that it won't take them so long. And when I say so long, I mean probably 8 or 9 months without justifiable RFEs or something.

Timeline

Yes Nebraska doesn't have a good reputation.  Now with hurricane Harvey I am scared if texas workload will be moved to other service centers and make Nebraska more slow

• 1 month later...

Hi there i filed i-130 for my mother in mid July. Got NOA around first week of August.. how long till we get any updates? Because when i checked the status online it still says that they received my application and on the proces of review. Im wondering how long is the wait to hear from them? I know its still a lil early to worry. Its just because waiting is a bit frustrating specially im worried that the texas service center is backed up because of the huricanne.. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.