Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, Lane O said:

https://www.cfo.gov.ph

Your mom need the CFO sticker on her passport, it's one of the requirements before departure. If your mom is a senior citizen then she does not need to attend a seminar. 

Check out the link. 

Thanks for the cfo link..

I’ve checked and they need the visa number to reserve a spot , it seems that I have to wait until my mom have her passport with her visa before the CFO. My mom is not senior yet.

11 hours ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Thanks for the cfo link..

I’ve checked and they need the visa number to reserve a spot , it seems that I have to wait until my mom have her passport with her visa before the CFO. My mom is not senior yet.

Yep. That's the last thing to do after you got the visa! Yay! 

Congrats! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Lane O said:

Yep. That's the last thing to do after you got the visa! Yay! 

Congrats! 

Thank you!! btw Lane I’ve notice you mentioned before about DOS case number

where and when can my mom have this DOS case number ?  Is this required for GC application? Or SSN?

Edited by Cherry & Mama

3 minutes ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Thank you!! btw Lane I’ve notice you mentioned before about DOS case number

where and when can my mom have this DOS case number ?  Is this required for GC application? Or SSN?

DOS case number is your NVC case number...start with the letters MNL

Required when you pay her GC online. 

Edited by Lane O

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lane O said:

DOS case number is your NVC case number...start with the letters MNL

Required when you pay her GC online. 

Wow that’s new to me, I didn’t know that  DOS is same with NVC number...

thanks for all the tips really makes my moms paper application easier.

hi,

On Nov 2nd I got a letter from NVC saying that there is one document that is missing(although I had sent it), but it also said not to send it to NVC. But send it to my mom, who will need to show it at the interview.

They stated that they will go ahead and book the interview for my Mom in Mumbai. 

Its been a month and I have not heard anything about the interview date. Any Mumbai interview wait time updates for parents /IR5.

Thanks

AKulkarni

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
3 hours ago, Akulkarni said:

hi,

On Nov 2nd I got a letter from NVC saying that there is one document that is missing(although I had sent it), but it also said not to send it to NVC. But send it to my mom, who will need to show it at the interview.

They stated that they will go ahead and book the interview for my Mom in Mumbai. 

Its been a month and I have not heard anything about the interview date. Any Mumbai interview wait time updates for parents /IR5.

Thanks

AKulkarni

What is your CC date? (Documentarily Qualified by NVC). Mine is Oct 11 and there is no interview date yet. Things have been unusually slow at Mumbai. There are several folks of all categories (IR-1/CR-1, IR5 and EB) from September CC date who are waiting for an interview, and then, there are some from middle-late October CC who have already got Mumbai interview date end October/early November. NVC is not processing it per any known priority, unfortunately.

Edited by willcrack

23 minutes ago, willcrack said:

What is your CC date? (Documentarily Qualified by NVC). Mine is Oct 11 and there is no interview date yet. Things have been unusually slow at Mumbai. There are several folks of all categories (IR-1/CR-1, IR5 and EB) from September CC date who are waiting for an interview, and then, there are some from middle-late October CC who have already got Mumbai interview date end October/early November. NVC is not processing it per any known priority, unfortunately.

I dont have a CC date. What is CC date? I called NVC twice to find out if I need to do anything, but they said its in a que for interview...

One of my friend got it in a month last year. But I think this is a slow time and things will start moving only in 2019?

Thanks

Akulkarni

33 minutes ago, Akulkarni said:

I dont have a CC date. What is CC date? I called NVC twice to find out if I need to do anything, but they said its in a que for interview...

One of my friend got it in a month last year. But I think this is a slow time and things will start moving only in 2019?

Thanks

Akulkarni

Did you submit your documents online on CEAC? If you not you can call NVC to ask the date when it was "Documentarily Qualified" and put in the interview line that what is know as CC here on the forum.

Things were smooth all the way until the end of September this year too when suddenly they became slow and unpredictable for Mumbai.

20 hours ago, willcrack said:

Did you submit your documents online on CEAC? If you not you can call NVC to ask the date when it was "Documentarily Qualified" and put in the interview line that what is know as CC here on the forum.

Things were smooth all the way until the end of September this year too when suddenly they became slow and unpredictable for Mumbai.

20 hours ago, willcrack said:

I called NVC, they told me CC date is Nov 1st. So I guess we have to wait:(

Thanks

Akulkarni

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

i have also filed for both of my parents in January 2018. Currently the documents are in NVC under review. They also have mumbai consulate for interview. I have a question on medical exam: can they have their medical done in New Delhi consulate with panel approved doctors instead of mumbai consulate. It is closer to where they live. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Akulkarni said:

I called NVC, they told me CC date is Nov 1st. So I guess we have to wait:(

Thanks

Akulkarni

I enquired at Mumbai Consulate and this is the response from them, It looks like NVC is sitting on the files.

from the U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Thank you for your email. We have no record of your mother's case in our files. It is most likely that her case is archived at the National Visa Center (NVC) in the United States and has not yet been transferred to our office. Please contact the NVC for more information using their contact form at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled.

We hope you find this information useful.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Consulate General Mumbai

On 12/5/2018 at 9:49 PM, Akulkarni said:

I enquired at Mumbai Consulate and this is the response from them, It looks like NVC is sitting on the files.

from the U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Thank you for your email. We have no record of your mother's case in our files. It is most likely that her case is archived at the National Visa Center (NVC) in the United States and has not yet been transferred to our office. Please contact the NVC for more information using their contact form at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled.

We hope you find this information useful.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Consulate General Mumbai

Today I received an email from NVC that my mom's interview is scheduled in JAN 2019

thanks

Akulkarni

10 hours ago, Akulkarni said:

Today I received an email from NVC that my mom's interview is scheduled in JAN 2019

thanks

Akulkarni

That's great news. So CC date was 1-Nov? What is the interview date, if you don't mind us asking? We are quiet a few of us with Oct or Nov CC dates and waiting for Mumbai Consulate interviews, so it is encouraging to see someone receiving good news. 

6 hours ago, adar24 said:

That's great news. So CC date was 1-Nov? What is the interview date, if you don't mind us asking? We are quiet a few of us with Oct or Nov CC dates and waiting for Mumbai Consulate interviews, so it is encouraging to see someone receiving good news. 

Yes CC date Nov 1st and Interview date Jan 17th 2019.

I had filed for 130 way back in July 2017. It took a while due to no name on birth certificate.

I also sent an email enquiry to NVC , and after a week I got an email with the interview date. Actually NVC had not sent the file to Mumbai consulate till last week(as per an email from Mumbai consulate).So not really sure what priority date they use.

Thanks

AKulkarni

Edited by Akulkarni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.