Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, Lane O said:

The vaccine is after the almost 8 weeks of waiting if the culture is negative. 

Hi Lane quick question...

on the actual interview of your parent did the US Embassy REP request for a copy of your IRS Tax from your mom? While Interviewing her? Even though you mailed it to NVC already with your AOS packet? 

Timeline

Sorry another question ....

-if your mom Interview is 9/10

-Sputum result 9/3

-what date did SLEC  give her vaccine?

Sorry wanted to make sure if my mom have to go back again after her scheduled return on 11/19.

thank you!

14 minutes ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Hi Lane quick question...

on the actual interview of your parent did the US Embassy REP request for a copy of your IRS Tax from your mom? While Interviewing her? Even though you mailed it to NVC already with your AOS packet? 

No they did not ask my mom a copy but I made sure she got it in case they asked again. I only send the IRS tax transcript. 

10 minutes ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Sorry another question ....

-if your mom Interview is 9/10

-Sputum result 9/3

-what date did SLEC  give her vaccine?

Sorry wanted to make sure if my mom have to go back again after her scheduled return on 11/19.

thank you!

The 9/3  was the date when she needed to come back after almost 8 weeks of waiting. My mom sputum test was around first weekend of June. I'm sure the exact date anymore. And same date 9/3 they gave her vaccines and told her she can schedule the interview. 

Edited by Lane O

Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 10:36 AM, Lane O said:

The 9/3  was the date when she needed to come back after almost 8 weeks of waiting. My mom sputum test was around first weekend of June. I'm sure the exact date anymore. And same date 9/3 they gave her vaccines and told her she can schedule the interview. 

Thanks Lane ...

did your mom pay additional fee worth around of $160 plus ? While at  PH US Embassy for her GC? While doing her interview?

6 minutes ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Thanks Lane ...

did your mom pay additional fee worth around of $160 plus ? While at  PH US Embassy for her GC? While doing her interview?

Nope

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lane O said:

Hi Guys, my mom arrived last Friday! Finally! 

Gudluck to all! 

Congratulations Lane and to your  Mom !

Edited by Cherry & Mama

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, adar24 said:

Congratulations, Lane. Any issues at immigration counter?

No, not really. POE is Los Angeles CA (LAX). It was fast and pretty smooth. 

We already applied for State ID yesterday at the DMV, they will issue Real ID plus Senior ID for my mom - there is no fee if your parent is 62 and above in California DMV.  I'm not sure about other states. 

I will pay the 220 USD next week so they will send her Green Card. :)

Edited by Lane O

On 10/15/2018 at 4:13 PM, Lane O said:

Hi Guys, my mom arrived last Friday! Finally! 

Gudluck to all! 

congrats  @Lane O🎉

IR5 TIMELINE (Petition for my mom)

8/4/2017: Priority date; Potomac Service Center

2/7/2018: Date of NOA2 (approved)

NVC PROCESSING

2/20/2018: documents received by NVC

3/29/2018: case number was assigned

4/2/2018: welcome letter received thru email

4/3/2018: DS261 form (choice of agent & address) was submitted

4/4/2018: phoned NVC to verify choice of agent and address, paid AOS fee

4/6/2018: IV fee option became clickable and was able to submit payment

4/12/2018: DS260 form became available online

5/4/2018: sent the AOS & IV packages ( packages put in a 2 separate small envelopes and together placed it in one big envelope)

5/17/2018: Case complete

5/24/2018: received an email from NVC stating that the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment

5/29-30/2018: Passed the advanced medical at SLEC

5/31/2018: received P4 interview letter

6/21/2018: received an email from manila embassy that they received and reviewed my mom’s file, also indicated the documents required to bring to her interview

7/10/2018: Date of Interview; passed the interview but received 221g, need to submit additional NBI clearance with aka per marriage certificate.

applied for NBI clearance at NBI  main ( taft ave.)

registered for visa delivery address by calling (+703)5202235 EST, i chose MOA 2go for pick up 

7/13/2018: release of NBI clearance and sent to 2go robinsons manila

7/16-17/2018: AP status ( checked thru CEAC)

7/18/2018: at NVC

7/19/2018: AP

7/20/2018: Issued

7/24/2018: visa delivered to MOA 2go (didn’t wait for their text, i called them at +6329011401 instead)

7/25/2018: Visa on hand

7/27/2018: CFO seminar

7/30/2018: pay green card fee

8/7/2018: POE at DFW

8/24/2018: “card is being produced” status

9/1/2018: “card was mailed to me”  status

9/5/2018: GC received

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 10/26/2018 at 12:26 PM, Lane O said:

No, not really. POE is Los Angeles CA (LAX). It was fast and pretty smooth. 

Excellent. Good to know. :) Enjoy your together time. Thanks for all the updates. It really helped us who are following.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, I would like to join the group. I am almost ready to file for my father, who is in the U.S. I already have I-130, I-485, I-864, I-864A, and I-765. Any suggestions?

Rosalía

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.