Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
21 hours ago, davendale said:

You’re welcome! we are here to help each other. this site has been a tremendous help for me being able to pass the nvc stage with no delays. i’m just giving something back in return through responding to questions if i know the answer and sharing my experiences about the process. 

you did the right thing, any form requiring e-signature should be signed by the beneficiary. i don’t remember my ds-261 form having an e-signature so I filled it out myself. it’s interesting ‘cause i thought it’s the same for everyone. 

thanks for sharing your info above, it is indeed helpful to other members. Good-luck to you!  i’m pretty sure you will pass the nvc stage with no rfe:)

Thanks @davendale. You are very right. This forum has been very helpful to me too. Thanks for helping with the answers. 

hi! i need help with the aos cover sheet... 

im petitioning both my parents... and only did pay 1 aos under my mothers case number. im doing the aos package and ds260 package... is it ok to only attach the aos coversheet to my moms aos package and no aos coversheet for my dad? 

thank you...

OUR I-R1 Journey

2010-05-25 – receives ds-3032 / I – 864

2010-05-25 – pays I – 864 bill

2010-06-09 – receives I – 864 package

2010-03-16 – receive IV bill

2010-03-16 – pay IV bill online

2010-03-18 – nvc received payment “paid”

2010-08-16 – hubby send me ds-230 forms

2010-08-20 – send ds-230 forms and civil documents at nvc through lbc

2010-09-03 – nvc receives ds-230

2010-09-18 – case completed!

2010-10-18 – medical completed - PASSED! (october 18 and 19, 2010)

2010-11-04 – interview @ 6:30am US Embassy Manila, Philippines - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

2010-11-04 - VISA RECEIVED

My baby’s CRBA journey....

2010-08-03 – call air 21 for the delivery of the crab forms

2010-08-04 – air21 deliver’s the forms

2010-08-05 – 2010-08-05 to 2010-08-19 completed the forms and required documents, except

for hubby’s tax and employment records

2010-09-17 – hubby mail his tax and other documents needed through USPS

2010-09-24 – receives hubby’s mail

2010-09-24 – call air 21 for pick –up

2010-09-28 – air 21 pick up the documents

2010-10-21 – CRBA Interview @7:30am US Embassy Manila, Philippines =- PASSED!!!!

2010-11-02 - Receives my daughter's US Passport and Certificate of Citizenship!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/22/2018 at 10:21 PM, davendale said:

I let my mom sign the ds-261 form. i gave her the info to log in and have her printed the confirmation page. i am not sure if it’s okay for the petitioner to sign it since that form is for the beneficiary. just to be on the safe side, let your parents sign it if possible.

Once the petitoner took as an agent the beneficiary has nothing to do the paperworks. 

Timeline

Quick questions guys...

I’m completing the I-864 form.

I’m the petitioner/US Citizen (Daughter) petitioning  for my Mother from (PH) ..

my question is that my own salary is above poverty line already but I’m filing taxes jointly with my husband does my husband needs to complete I-864A form?

My Husband is very much aware about my petition for my mom and his OK with the application of bringing my Mom into the US.

But I don’t want my Husband to be liable for my Mom being here in the US,  

I feel like my Mom is my own responsibility not his specially if my salary alone is above poverty line.

my question is there anyone ever got RFE for having your Spouse not filing I-864A ? Specially if the petitioner is filing TAX jointly with Spouse?

Appreciate Y’all kind respond thank you.

5 hours ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Quick questions guys...

I’m completing the I-864 form.

I’m the petitioner/US Citizen (Daughter) petitioning  for my Mother from (PH) ..

my question is that my own salary is above poverty line already but I’m filing taxes jointly with my husband does my husband needs to complete I-864A form?

My Husband is very much aware about my petition for my mom and his OK with the application of bringing my Mom into the US.

But I don’t want my Husband to be liable for my Mom being here in the US,  

I feel like my Mom is my own responsibility not his specially if my salary alone is above poverty line.

my question is there anyone ever got RFE for having your Spouse not filing I-864A ? Specially if the petitioner is filing TAX jointly with Spouse?

Appreciate Y’all kind respond thank you.

Hi, I did the same thing. I completed and submitted the I-864 Form. I did not have my husband fill out the form I-864A since my income is above the poverty line. We have joint bank accounts  and we filed taxes jointly. They accepted all my papers and emailed me an interview date for my mom.

Last week I received an email that the Affidavit of Support that I sent them was incomplete, and they need my husband signatures in Form I-186A and my mom will need to bring this upon her interview. I thought everything was good until they emailed me about the Form I-864A. So I guess just submit it with your form to avoid any delays. I had to mail it express to the Philippines because my mom interview is coming up which is on July 06.

Timeline
3 hours ago, kimlynn said:

Hi, I did the same thing. I completed and submitted the I-864 Form. I did not have my husband fill out the form I-864A since my income is above the poverty line. We have joint bank accounts  and we filed taxes jointly. They accepted all my papers and emailed me an interview date for my mom.

Last week I received an email that the Affidavit of Support that I sent them was incomplete, and they need my husband signatures in Form I-186A and my mom will need to bring this upon her interview. I thought everything was good until they emailed me about the Form I-864A. So I guess just submit it with your form to avoid any delays. I had to mail it express to the Philippines because my mom interview is coming up which is on July 06.

Hi Kimlyn,

Appreciate your advise, I’ll go ahead and have my husband complete I-864A. Specially your experience is just recent, appreciate your reply and advise.

Goodluck with your Mom interview! 😇✌🏻😊

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 6/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, Rokarmy1023 said:

Once the petitoner took as an agent the beneficiary has nothing to do the paperworks. 

@Rokarmy1023. I don't believe this is correct. This is how I have read and understood the two forms:

- The DS-261 form is "Choice of Address and Agent" .  The beneficiary chooses the agent, that is the beneficiary fills in and signs the DS-261 form. I believe this form is only for notifying NVC of the communication address.

- The DS-260 form is the Immigrant Visa Application. This form has to be filled in and signed by the immigrant (beneficiary). An attorney or agent or someone else can help (assist) fill in the form as long as you mention that such person helped/assisted (there is a place on the form to state that), but the beneficiary (immigrant) is responsible for the content and the form is to be signed by the beneficiary. The consulate asks for confirmation from the beneficiary about the contents and their signature. 

All we can do on this forum is share our thoughts and interpretations, so if someone else has a different one,  it is up to them to decide what they would do. This is my interpretation and I am having my parents fill in and sign their forms. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, adar24 said:

@Rokarmy1023. I don't believe this is correct. This is how I have read and understood the two forms:

- The DS-261 form is "Choice of Address and Agent" .  The beneficiary chooses the agent, that is the beneficiary fills in and signs the DS-261 form. I believe this form is only for notifying NVC of the communication address.

- The DS-260 form is the Immigrant Visa Application. This form has to be filled in and signed by the immigrant (beneficiary). An attorney or agent or someone else can help (assist) fill in the form as long as you mention that such person helped/assisted (there is a place on the form to state that), but the beneficiary (immigrant) is responsible for the content and the form is to be signed by the beneficiary. The consulate asks for confirmation from the beneficiary about the contents and their signature. 

All we can do on this forum is share our thoughts and interpretations, so if someone else has a different one,  it is up to them to decide what they would do. This is my interpretation and I am having my parents fill in and sign their forms. 

My friend who's now in usa as ir5 , her daughter as petitioner who did all the paperworks 

On 6/30/2018 at 1:37 AM, Rokarmy1023 said:

is this based on your experience? 

IR5 TIMELINE (Petition for my mom)

8/4/2017: Priority date; Potomac Service Center

2/7/2018: Date of NOA2 (approved)

NVC PROCESSING

2/20/2018: documents received by NVC

3/29/2018: case number was assigned

4/2/2018: welcome letter received thru email

4/3/2018: DS261 form (choice of agent & address) was submitted

4/4/2018: phoned NVC to verify choice of agent and address, paid AOS fee

4/6/2018: IV fee option became clickable and was able to submit payment

4/12/2018: DS260 form became available online

5/4/2018: sent the AOS & IV packages ( packages put in a 2 separate small envelopes and together placed it in one big envelope)

5/17/2018: Case complete

5/24/2018: received an email from NVC stating that the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment

5/29-30/2018: Passed the advanced medical at SLEC

5/31/2018: received P4 interview letter

6/21/2018: received an email from manila embassy that they received and reviewed my mom’s file, also indicated the documents required to bring to her interview

7/10/2018: Date of Interview; passed the interview but received 221g, need to submit additional NBI clearance with aka per marriage certificate.

applied for NBI clearance at NBI  main ( taft ave.)

registered for visa delivery address by calling (+703)5202235 EST, i chose MOA 2go for pick up 

7/13/2018: release of NBI clearance and sent to 2go robinsons manila

7/16-17/2018: AP status ( checked thru CEAC)

7/18/2018: at NVC

7/19/2018: AP

7/20/2018: Issued

7/24/2018: visa delivered to MOA 2go (didn’t wait for their text, i called them at +6329011401 instead)

7/25/2018: Visa on hand

7/27/2018: CFO seminar

7/30/2018: pay green card fee

8/7/2018: POE at DFW

8/24/2018: “card is being produced” status

9/1/2018: “card was mailed to me”  status

9/5/2018: GC received

Timeline
11 hours ago, davendale said:

is this based on your experience? 

No , my friend as beneficiary her daughter as petitioner and agent did it all, she just signed or filled out the form ds 260 and used beneficiary's passport number. 

hi everyone!!! i would like to ask what is the next step after doing the ds260? i already fill up the ds260 form for both my parents. 

do i need to wait for anything before sending the documents?

my parents case number are link up. i only pay 1 aos fee for both case. (under my mother case number) do i have to attach same aos confirmation for both case? or i should only put the aos confirmation in my moms for and non for my dad?

thank u...

OUR I-R1 Journey

2010-05-25 – receives ds-3032 / I – 864

2010-05-25 – pays I – 864 bill

2010-06-09 – receives I – 864 package

2010-03-16 – receive IV bill

2010-03-16 – pay IV bill online

2010-03-18 – nvc received payment “paid”

2010-08-16 – hubby send me ds-230 forms

2010-08-20 – send ds-230 forms and civil documents at nvc through lbc

2010-09-03 – nvc receives ds-230

2010-09-18 – case completed!

2010-10-18 – medical completed - PASSED! (october 18 and 19, 2010)

2010-11-04 – interview @ 6:30am US Embassy Manila, Philippines - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

2010-11-04 - VISA RECEIVED

My baby’s CRBA journey....

2010-08-03 – call air 21 for the delivery of the crab forms

2010-08-04 – air21 deliver’s the forms

2010-08-05 – 2010-08-05 to 2010-08-19 completed the forms and required documents, except

for hubby’s tax and employment records

2010-09-17 – hubby mail his tax and other documents needed through USPS

2010-09-24 – receives hubby’s mail

2010-09-24 – call air 21 for pick –up

2010-09-28 – air 21 pick up the documents

2010-10-21 – CRBA Interview @7:30am US Embassy Manila, Philippines =- PASSED!!!!

2010-11-02 - Receives my daughter's US Passport and Certificate of Citizenship!!!

Timeline
On 6/30/2018 at 4:54 PM, Cherry & Mama said:

Hi Kimlyn,

Appreciate your advise, I’ll go ahead and have my husband complete I-864A. Specially your experience is just recent, appreciate your reply and advise.

Goodluck with your Mom interview! 😇✌🏻😊

Hi Kimlyn,

How's your mom interview yesterday 7/6? what was the questions being asked? appreciate your insight thank you!!!

Edited by Cherry & Mama

1 hour ago, Cherry & Mama said:

Hi Kimlyn,

How's your mom interview yesterday 7/6? what was the questions being asked? appreciate your insight thank you!!!

Hi, my mom passed her interview! She'll have to wait 5-10 days for her visa to be delivered. She said the officer asked her first why her Birth Certificate was late registered, also asked about my younger sister that's here on a student visa. The rest will be all about you and your partner, like when and how did you get in the U.S, address, work and income. I'm sure your mom visa will be approved!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, kimlynn said:

Hi, my mom passed her interview! She'll have to wait 5-10 days for her visa to be delivered. She said the officer asked her first why her Birth Certificate was late registered, also asked about my younger sister that's here on a student visa. The rest will be all about you and your partner, like when and how did you get in the U.S, address, work and income. I'm sure your mom visa will be approved!

WOOOT!!! WOOT!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!......  I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR MOM !!!!!
btw I'm completing the I-486 & I-486A, did you mailed together the DS-260 & IV-Packet together or separate? is below Chicago lockbox below address is where to send both DS-260 and IV Packet? I didn't  get the IV Invoice and IV Package yet, but it was showing the AOS is PAID.

Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887 
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Appreciate all your help and advise :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.