BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, NatalieRose said:

This is all very helpful. Thank you! My concern is not the NOA1 though. My concern is that they recieved my package 2 weeks ago and my check has not cleared yet. I sent them the G1145 so that they would email me as soon as they opened my package, but after 2 weeks I haven't heard anything. I saw a guy that sent his documents after mine and his check has already cleared. That is my concern. Is it bad to call them? 

Calling them at this point would be pointless because you will only speak to tier 1 customer service and they will only read off of a script.

How did you send the package? Regular USPS or Fedex/UPS? If they didn't cash your check then that means they haven't processed your petition (scanned it and put a barcode on it before shipping it to CSC). I would wait to call because they will tell you that you have to wait at least 30 days from your sent to date to make an inquiry. Some people have mentioned that they didn't get the text/email only the NOA1 in the mail and they submitted the G1145 with the petition.

What I will tell you is, if they don't cash your check, it is possible they are sending the package back to you and will disclose a letter explaining why. If there's something wrong with your petition (all docs not signed, incorrect forms, etc), they will send the whole thing back with the payment so that you can re-submit. Not saying that is what is happening to you. Just giving you an example.

USCIS has been moving very slow the past 2 weeks so be patient. If you don't get it a month from your sent date then I would make an inquiry.

Adding this edition: I just looked at your sent date. You mailed off your petition the weekend leading into July 4th which was a holiday so the office was closed. More than likely, they didn't get there it until Monday or Wednesday of the following week and they probably didn't get to the lockbox until Wednesday/Thursday. Keep in mind the address your sending your package to is a lockbox. Someone(s) goes to the lockbox to pick up the petitions to get them properly scanned. So you are day behind the process with the holiday and you mailed it leading into the weekend. So, be patient and give it some time.

With this whole process, you will definitely need to fine your zen and PATIENCE! Trust me, you'll have plenty of time to worry later! :D

Edited by Trinab80
added bottom note

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 7/7/2017 at 1:44 AM, JackCassidyMusic said:

Hi all! My fiancee received the text and email NOA1 yesterday. It's real, and I'm excited! :D

Hello, first off, congratulations! This is very exciting news!! Good luck!! 

Sexondly, did your check clear yet? I sent my package on the 29th and now it's the 12th and I haven't heard anything yet. You recieved your email on the 7th or the 6th and you had sent it on the 28th correct? I read that from your timeline. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Calling them at this point would be pointless because you will only speak to tier 1 customer service and they will only read off of a script.

How did you send the package? Regular USPS or Fedex/UPS? If they didn't cash your check then that means they haven't processed your petition (scanned it and put a barcode on it before shipping it to CSC). I would wait to call because they will tell you that you have to wait at least 30 days from your sent to date to make an inquiry. Some people have mentioned that they didn't get the text/email only the NOA1 in the mail and they submitted the G1145 with the petition.

What I will tell you is, if they don't cash your check, it is possible they are sending the package back to you and will disclose a letter explaining why. If there's something wrong with your petition (all docs not signed, incorrect forms, etc), they will send the whole thing back with the payment so that you can re-submit. Not saying that is what is happening to you. Just giving you an example.

USCIS has been moving very slow the past 2 weeks so be patient. If you don't get it a month from your sent date then I would make an inquiry.

Adding this edition: I just looked at your sent date. You mailed off your petition the weekend leading into July 4th which was a holiday so the office was closed. More than likely, they didn't get there it until Monday or Wednesday of the following week and they probably didn't get to the lockbox until Wednesday/Thursday. Keep in mind the address your sending your package to is a lockbox. Someone(s) goes to the lockbox to pick up the petitions to get them properly scanned. So you are day behind the process with the holiday and you mailed it leading into the weekend. So, be patient and give it some time.

With this whole process, you will definitely need to fine your zen and PATIENCE! Trust me, you'll have plenty of time to worry later! :D

Thank you! I mailed it to my mother in the US first (I've been in Cambodia the last 10 months with my fiancé) so that she could put the check into the package. Then she sent it through USPS on June 29th. My tracking number said it arrived on Saturday July 1st. Another July filer sent their package on June 28th and they recieved their email notification on July 7th or 6th. (Not exactly sure). 

Im praying we did everything correctly! I double checked it (triple) and my mother checked it multiple times and a friend of mine who's fiancé just moved to the US on a k1 visa also reviewed it. We followed visajourney exactly. Praying and hoping we get info soon! 

Just now, NatalieRose said:

Thank you! I mailed it to my mother in the US first (I've been in Cambodia the last 10 months with my fiancé) so that she could put the check into the package. Then she sent it through USPS on June 29th. My tracking number said it arrived on Saturday July 1st. Another July filer sent their package on June 28th and they recieved their email notification on July 7th or 6th. (Not exactly sure). 

Im praying we did everything correctly! I double checked it (triple) and my mother checked it multiple times and a friend of mine who's fiancé just moved to the US on a k1 visa also reviewed it. We followed visajourney exactly. Praying and hoping we get info soon! 

Saturday is the weekend so that would mean they probably didn't go to the the lockbox until Wednesday (maybe Monday but with the being right before the holiday I doubt it). You're tracking is correct...the lockbox received it but someone has to go get the package. Remember, you cannot count Saturday and Sunday because they don't work on those days.

Another rule of advice, you can't compare your case with someone else because that's gonna drive you insane. Every case is handled differently. You did regular mail to the the PO Box. When I mailed mine I did Fedex for overnight delivery and it got there at 10am (back in May), so mine is gonna be processed slightly faster but doesn't mean that mine will be sitting in the box on top from others that might have sent theirs in regular mail.

Just relax, I'm sure you will get your notification soon!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
1 hour ago, NatalieRose said:

This is all very helpful. Thank you! My concern is not the NOA1 though. My concern is that they recieved my package 2 weeks ago and my check has not cleared yet. I sent them the G1145 so that they would email me as soon as they opened my package, but after 2 weeks I haven't heard anything. I saw a guy that sent his documents after mine and his check has already cleared. That is my concern. Is it bad to call them? 

You should call! I sent my package on July 5th and today at 5pm I received a conformation that my case is sent the California Service Center. 

2 hours ago, NatalieRose said:

According to what i've read at the USCIS web page.. 

about mailing instruction 

for USPS address should be

USCIS 

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, Tx 75266

for FedEx, UPD and DHL

Address should be

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121

Business Suite 400

Lewisville, Tx 75067

if u sent it to wrong address

let say u choose

Dallas P.O. Box 66151

and u sent it thru FedEx thats a wrong address according to instructions so they might send it back.. 

3 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Saturday is the weekend so that would mean they probably didn't go to the the lockbox until Wednesday (maybe Monday but with the being right before the holiday I doubt it). You're tracking is correct...the lockbox received it but someone has to go get the package. Remember, you cannot count Saturday and Sunday because they don't work on those days.

Another rule of advice, you can't compare your case with someone else because that's gonna drive you insane. Every case is handled differently. You did regular mail to the the PO Box. When I mailed mine I did Fedex for overnight delivery and it got there at 10am (back in May), so mine is gonna be processed slightly faster but doesn't mean that mine will be sitting in the box on top from others that might have sent theirs in regular mail.

Just relax, I'm sure you will get your notification soon!

When u mailed ur's thru FedEx what adress did u use? Is it on the Lewisville or Dallas P.O. Box?   

1 minute ago, Peem Jov said:

When u mailed ur's thru FedEx what adress did u use? Is it on the Lewisville or Dallas P.O. Box?   

The physical address. You can't FedEx to a PO Box.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Cuz according to what i've read on USCIS Mailing instruction.. if u use FedEx, UPS and DHL 

the address where u mail it should be

USCIS

Business

suite 400

Lewisville, Tx 75067

and for USPS

ADDRESS should be

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, Tx 75266

if u mail it with wrong address they will return it..

7 minutes ago, Peem Jov said:

Cuz according to what i've read on USCIS Mailing instruction.. if u use FedEx, UPS and DHL 

the address where u mail it should be

USCIS

Business

suite 400

Lewisville, Tx 75067

and for USPS

ADDRESS should be

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, Tx 75266

if u mail it with wrong address they will return it..

That's what I just said. You can only FedEx or a courier to the physical address, NOT the PO Box. USPS goes to the PO Box. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

That's what I just said. You can only FedEx or a courier to the physical address, NOT the PO Box. USPS goes to the PO Box. 

Yea so that means the one that has a problem not getting her NOA1 for two weeks might mailed ut with wrong address cuz she said she mailed ut thru Fedex at Dallas lockbox.. it should be USPS 

Just now, Peem Jov said:

Yea so that means the one that has a problem not getting her NOA1 for two weeks might mailed ut with wrong address cuz she said she mailed ut thru Fedex at Dallas lockbox.. it should be USPS 

It won't get returned back to her. FedEx will drop it off at the local USPS for regular mail delivery since they can't deliver it to the PO Box as there will be no one at the PO Box to sign for it. Which is probably why it's taking a little longer. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

It won't get returned back to her. FedEx will drop it off at the local USPS for regular mail delivery since they can't deliver it to the PO Box as there will be no one at the PO Box to sign for it. Which is probably why it's taking a little longer. 

Ok.. now i get it.. thank u so much :)

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Peem Jov said:

I said that I mailed through USPS to the Dallas Lockbox.....I never mention FedEx. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.