PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, biggiehuggie said:

have you called them yet? you can follow up after 10 days. hang in there

No I haven't called them yet, we just got back from 1 week vacation. I will try to call them on Monday. It is really hard to wait when you got nothing to do. I'm bored at home :D

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
11 minutes ago, malene1207 said:

No I haven't called them yet, we just got back from 1 week vacation. I will try to call them on Monday. It is really hard to wait when you got nothing to do. I'm bored at home :D

have you called the bank to check if your payment was cashed? that's what I did first so I was kinda expecting the notifications to come soon. they were sent 11.30pm same day the cheque was cashed

K1 VISA

11/08/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

11/09/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per FedEx

11/10/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice

11/17/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/21/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....received email post decision activity

xx/xx/xx....NVC Received I-129F

xx/xx/xx....Case Number Received

xx/xx/xx....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready

xx/xx/xx....Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand =)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all July filers, I'd like to share my update. 

7/20/17- Mailed application package out(I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

7/22/17- delivered to USCIS Chicago office

7/29/17- received 4 text/email receipt with case number

8/3/17- received 4 mail receipt

8/4/17- received biometric appointment letter for 8/15 in San Diego( so much earlier than I expected!)

Here's the tricky part- I'm currently living in San Jose and will move to San Diego( my husband's city) on 9/2, however since I put my husband's address(San Diego) in all application as mail address, the biometric appointment letter has San Diego USCIS office address for fingerprint. Two questions: 1) Can I go to San Jose(my current city) instead of San Diego? From other threads in the forum I think the answer is most likely yes but I'd like to confirm 2) Instead of bringing the original letter, can I bring a copy of it to USCIS office? Original letter is in San Diego and it will take time for my husband to mail to me, also there's risk that it will get lost in transit... 

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!!

Edited by babymammoth

7/20/17- Mailed application package out(I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

7/22/17- delivered to USCIS Chicago office

7/29/17- received 4 text/email receipt with case number

8/3/17- received 4 mail receipt

8/4/17- received biometric appointment letter for 8/15 in San Diego( so much earlier than I expected!)

I just started filing my case with immigration for adjustment of status from B-2 visa, same sex marriage.

here is my timeline:

july 19- sent the package to Chicago

july 20- package recieved

july 27- checks cashed

august 1- receipt letters of the forms 

August 4- received the biometric appointment for august 14 in Long Island City.

ps: filling it from New York City.

anyone from july and also from nyc in the same situation? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...I'm so dumb. I submitted my I-765 EAD on Friday after I received my Biometrics appointment notice, and forgot to include the damn photos in my package! It's set to arrive in Chicago tomorrow, so I imagine I'll get an RFE in a week or two for the missing photos.

My I-130 and I-485 are already in process with no issues so far, at least. But still...frustrated with myself!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i haven't updated in awhile!

july 1: filed i-485, 131, 765

july 5: package delivered

july 11: NOA1 for all 3 applications received via text message

july 14th: biometrics notice, + hard copy NOA1 for other two

july 31st: biometrics done

excited to hear back! hoping the EAD goes smoothly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi All!

I got two different appointment letter for my Biometrics. One is for my EAD and the other is for my adjustment of status application. Is this normal? Can I get them both done on the same day? or do I have to attend the appointments individually?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
47 minutes ago, PrisEri said:

Hi All!

I got two different appointment letter for my Biometrics. One is for my EAD and the other is for my adjustment of status application. Is this normal? Can I get them both done on the same day? or do I have to attend the appointments individually?

Thanks

I have just seen the replies to this same question in the thread! So I guess that settles it.

Just wanted to say I have just found this thread and am enjoying seeing many folks that posted in the November 2016 K-1 filers. It's interesting to see where you all are with your process as well! 

Met in college, reconnected five years later. Started a life together in America. ❤️

11/09/16 - Mailed I-129F for K-1

11/16/16 - NOA-1

02/07/17 - NOA-2

03/06/17 - Medical (in London)

03/30/17 - Visa Interview - Approved!!

04/06/17 - Visa in hand!! 

05/17/17 - Point of entry, Boston

05/27/17 - WEDDING in Maine!

AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

06/30/17 - Mailed I-131, I-765, and I-485

07/05/17 - NOA-1 for all three applications.

08/03/17 - Biometrics appointment in Portland, Maine

08/15/17 - Case Status "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview'

08/18/17 - Case Status "Interview Scheduled"

09/25/17 - Interview, 485 AOS Approved. Case status changed to "New Card is in Production".

09/26/17 - Case Status "Case Approved"

09/28/17 - "Card Was Mailed to Me"; received hard copy NOA stating case approved

9/30/17 - Case Status for EAD/AP changed to "Case closed, benefit received by other means"

10/03/17 - Two-year green card received in mail!! 😍

ROC I-751 Timeline
07/06/19 - Mailed I-751 

07/08/19 - Application received by USCIS

07/10/19 - Credit card charged, NOA-1 dated

07/11/19 - Text receipt received, EAC (Vermont)

7/13/19 - Received NOA/extension letter in mail

08/03/19 - Biometrics letter received

08/14/19 - Biometrics appointment completed

08/26/19 - Case status updated to “Fingerprint Review Completed”

05/20/20 - Case status updated to "New Card is in Production"

05/21/2020 - Case status updated to "Case Is Approved"

05/27/2020 - Received 10-year green card in mail on our three-year anniversary!

N-400 Citizenship Timeline

09/25/2020 - Filed online and received electronic NOA-1 same day, IOE receipt number

11/12/2020 - Biometrics reuse notice

12/28/2020 - Received notice for N-400 Interview

2/3/2021 - Interview at Lawrence, MA - Approved!

2/18/2021 - Oath Ceremony!

Received bio-metrics letter in the mail Saturday (for August 17th). I guess I was one of the few lucky ones who had both combined(said on letter) so I only had to do one. Walked in today(in different city) and they told me to come back at 1pm. Went back at 11:30am and they let me do it. Now just waiting for the EAD. Seriously considering trying to expedite it because I have a few job offers but cannot accept them yet. I'm ready to begin working!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We Received a second Biometrics appointment for my Husband's EAD, after he already completed his Biometrics for his AOS.

He did a walk in again today, (his original appointment was scheduled for 8/16) with no issues, much easier than the first walk in biometrics appointment he had for his AOS.

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Natreezy said:

Received bio-metrics letter in the mail Saturday (for August 17th). I guess I was one of the few lucky ones who had both combined(said on letter) so I only had to do one. Walked in today(in different city) and they told me to come back at 1pm. Went back at 11:30am and they let me do it. Now just waiting for the EAD. Seriously considering trying to expedite it because I have a few job offers but cannot accept them yet. I'm ready to begin working!

I would def try to Expedite it if you have Job offers. I was reading threads and it seemed pretty simple with a formal written job offer on the table. I know my Husband is going to put his resume out this week hopefully he will find something.

He was offered a job but he would need to be a private contractor so unfortunately he doesn't get a formal job offer with it. I guess it will be our back up plan if he doesn't find something before November when our EAD is supposed to arrive.  Good Luck!

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Just now, AshMarty said:

I would def try to Expedite it if you have Job offers. I was reading threads and it seemed pretty simple with a formal written job offer on the table. I know my Husband is going to put his resume out this week hopefully he will find something.

He was offered a job but he would need to be a private contractor so unfortunately he doesn't get a formal job offer with it. I guess it will be our back up plan if he doesn't find something before November when our EAD is supposed to arrive.  Good Luck!

I think I will try and do that. I wonder if I need to accept the job, or just show proof of offer because I've been looking into a few other options as well!

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Natreezy said:

Yes this thread made me double check my biometrics appointment notice and mine was for both i-485 and i-765 as well. I am also in the process of expediting my EAD, I received the request for evidence to be faxed (job offer letter) on Wednesday last week so fingers are crossed I hear back this week! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.