MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, JennaL said:

Yes, it is fine to ask for the passport back. My fiancé was put in AP with the DS 5535 back in September. At the interview they asked to keep his passport, but he had some upcoming travel planned and asked to take it home with him. They will just notify your husband when they will need it back to add the visa and he can send it to them then.

Aw, thank you so much. How did you guys request for it back? I’m not really sure how to go about this. I’m so worried that they will delay us even more. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

I am sorry you guys are going through this, it has been tough on all of us. I dont think requesting the passport back will have any effect on visa decision. 

Thank you so much for your response and sympathy. I pray all of us can be with our loved ones soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Le212 said:

Aw, thank you so much. How did you guys request for it back? I’m not really sure how to go about this. I’m so worried that they will delay us even more. 

He should be able to call or email the embassy requesting his passport back and they will let him know how they will get it to him. Don’t worry, it won’t cause any additional delay in processing your case. 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:06 AM, Munazza said:

You need to go to their website and make the account.. Its not such difficult but you need to have good internet speed data in your cell as they don't give you the facility or you can make it at home too and then go there.. Just call them and seek information otherwise it's good too to do everything there.. After sending docs, call the embassy to make sure the delivery after the days you would be told by American Express. 

hey munazza plz help me I m in difficulty. I went o american express islamabas to submit my medical and photos. The person there asked me to make account with my father's email ID as he is probably the principal applicant whereas his medical is a bit delayed and will be collected after 2 months due to additional tests. I made an account with my father's Id but added my details in that (my email id, my house address, case number) and uploaded my passport scanned copy. There was a sudden pop up that these details are already with another email ID and should we transfer this to that ID... wo id meri ammi ki h that she may be entered in 2015 when she was applying my visit visa to account bnaya hoga. Duplication hgye or account abi tk verify nh hua k bana h k nahi. Wahan likha arha k apko email ayegi once your account has changed. Do u know munazza what does it mean? Wahan jo person h usne mje wps ghr janay ko kaha k ghr ja k account bnao helpline pr fone kr k...he didnt help me at all. I m in home now and helpline pr koi nahi h jo mje btaye.. operator h wo is baray me info nh de rha.. plz tell me how do we get to know k account final hogya h. or email knse id pr ayegi jo mene apni andr detail me di ya email.id sy? sorry for this long msg but plz reply i m so worried. nobody is helping me

Hi 

Three days ago we Received an email from  Riyadh embassy Requesting DS5535 word document format. My attorney had send it many times but they didn’t except it because they need it in worc doc formatting. She bought a new  Microsoft office  in order to do this paper but still don’t work. Can any one tell me how to do this formatting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Im getting updates almost evryday....is that means im.in final process?? Im.on ap since almost 6 months

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone here experienced their K1 visa status to NIV AP after the USEM confirmed they received DS 5535 and has been issued a visa afterwards?

11 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

hey munazza plz help me I m in difficulty. I went o american express islamabas to submit my medical and photos. The person there asked me to make account with my father's email ID as he is probably the principal applicant whereas his medical is a bit delayed and will be collected after 2 months due to additional tests. I made an account with my father's Id but added my details in that (my email id, my house address, case number) and uploaded my passport scanned copy. There was a sudden pop up that these details are already with another email ID and should we transfer this to that ID... wo id meri ammi ki h that she may be entered in 2015 when she was applying my visit visa to account bnaya hoga. Duplication hgye or account abi tk verify nh hua k bana h k nahi. Wahan likha arha k apko email ayegi once your account has changed. Do u know munazza what does it mean? Wahan jo person h usne mje wps ghr janay ko kaha k ghr ja k account bnao helpline pr fone kr k...he didnt help me at all. I m in home now and helpline pr koi nahi h jo mje btaye.. operator h wo is baray me info nh de rha.. plz tell me how do we get to know k account final hogya h. or email knse id pr ayegi jo mene apni andr detail me di ya email.id sy? sorry for this long msg but plz reply i m so worried. nobody is helping me

Okay. Let's see. First off, you must be sure who's the principal applicant. When you make the account don't converge it into the first one you made. Make a new one, just for your dad. And upload documents there. Be sure to keep checking you dad's e-mail because there'd be some confirmation mails there. 

You have to make the account here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=Pakistan&language=en_US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

How long does it take for Islamabad embassy to respond to a congressional inquiry?

I contacted my senator on January 14th they sent me a copy and paste response from the DOS on the 17th.   So just a few days.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I contacted my senator on January 14th they sent me a copy and paste response from the DOS on the 17th.   So just a few days.

Was your senator republican? My congressman is republican and asked me to wait over 30 days for an answer. Now why would one state get a far quicker response ?

1 minute ago, Muzammil said:

Was your senator republican? My congressman is republican and asked me to wait over 30 days for an answer. Now why would one state get a far quicker response ?

Actually mine told me that it takes 30 days to answer and she was a Democrat. Dont think that matters

5 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Thanks, any news on your case? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Muzammil said:

Yes my Senator is a republican.  I never contacted the Democratic one (PA has one of each).

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Actually mine told me that it takes 30 days to answer and she was a Democrat. Dont think that matters

Thanks, any news on your case? 

Wow.  I never waited 30 days.  They always get back to me in less than a week.  

No news still in AP...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.