1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anthony and Bobby said:

It’s been 238 days since we submitted our I-485 packet. the status is still “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.” Trying to be patient.

who else is in the same boat? Who here are in the Northern Virginia/DC area?

anyway, congratulations to everyone who have received their conditional GCs!!

I think the majority is in the same boat, however we are still at fingerprint fee was received. Processing time is over a year, so probably after june of this year. I received the EAD back in September so 3 months before I am planning on send the renewal just in case. Since processing time is over a year now they should send EADs valid for 2 years. It saves them money.

Edited by seal72

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

15 hours ago, Anthony and Bobby said:

It’s been 238 days since we submitted our I-485 packet. the status is still “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.” Trying to be patient.

Hello guys i am in the same boat as you until this morning. until this morning my status said your response for RFE is received on Sep6th. my filed office is DC and we live in northern VA. As i woke up this morning i got a sms update that my case status changed. Online it says this now. All the best yours should also be on the way. image.png.343b490e70d39ca8befc99b2c596e6ea.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline
On 2/10/2018 at 2:14 AM, BaltimoreFiler said:

Hey Chris

when does your wife’s GC day resident since, mine starts from my file date July 3rd and expires in July 3rd 2019.

Started 01/31/2018 which was a day after the interview and expires 01/31/2020.

Do you think your dates are unusual? 

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone !  ! !  

I've been away from the forums for about 5 months, in order to stay sane with this sloooooow immigration process, but this morning we got a sms notification that there was activity in the 485 case for my wife , lo and behold , we have a Interview Date for March 22nd ! ! ! ,  our Field office is in Santa Ana, CA .

I would like to ask to anyone that has done their interview, what pointers can you provide, things that you went throug and what came up that was un-expected.  

And to the people still on the waiting game, persevere and don't give up !!

So far people who got their EAD,s did you get it through regular mail in a white envelope? 

EAD approved five months ago but due to administrative error, never received my card. Had my biometrics done last month. I checked informed delivery today and I see something coming from USCIS. I hope its my EAD!!!  I am so frustrated. No update online however!

Edited by Tabbbbby

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tabbbbby said:

So far people who got their EAD,s did you get it through regular mail in a white envelope? 

EAD approved five months ago but due to administrative error, never received my card. Had my biometrics done last month. I checked informed delivery today and I see something coming from USCIS. I hope its my EAD!!!  I am so frustrated. No update online however!

Tabby, 

Ours came in a USCIS envelope, it was delivered a week after we got the notification on the egov site. HTH

11 minutes ago, Kamex009 said:

Tabby, 

Ours came in a USCIS envelope, it was delivered a week after we got the notification on the egov site. HTH

Thank you. This gives me hope! Its a USCIS envelope as well. Someone told me you get EAD in first class priority mail so wanted to confirm. Mailman comes in the next half an hour. I am going to go and stand there! lol

When we got the approval letter in mail, online status changed a week after!

Edited by Tabbbbby

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Tabbbbby said:

Thank you. This gives me hope! Its a USCIS envelope as well. Someone told me you get EAD in first class priority mail so wanted to confirm. Mailman comes in the next half an hour. I am going to go and stand there! lol

Crossing all 20 fingers for it to be your EAD !!!

Hi guys! I had my interview today in Denver office it was fast, it lasted 15 minutes. The officer that interviewed us was nice and made us feel comfortable she made us swear we say the truth and she asked us how we met and where are we living now then she asked us about the evidence we brought, we had our lease with both our names, family plan for our phones, gym memberships, and some statements of our joint account and she kept them , we also showed her a photo album we brought and she went through the pictures. She  had the aos paperwork on her  desk and asked me the security questions and then she said the card will be delivered in 2 -3 weeks! 30 min after that my case online was updated to card being produced! Yay!

I feel so relieved and happy this stressful process is over and wish you all the best and good luck:) 

by the way.. my I-485 case online never changed to interview scheduled, it was in "case ready for interview" since August and i got interview appointmet letter in my mailbox about a month ago. 

Edited by Lili08

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tabbbbby said:

I didn’t get an envelope, I got first class priority mail and it was processed by nbc, but maybe since your case is different maybe they used a different mailing option. Good luck!

On 2/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, Anthony and Bobby said:

how long did it take for your status to change to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"?

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

how long did it take for your status to change to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"?

it was about 2-3 weeks after my biometrics appointment :3

K1 Fiance Visa Application

11/01/16: I-129F sent through USPS

11/08/16: NOA1 SMS confirmation received

01/30/17: NOA2 SMS confirmation received

02/14/17: NVC received and case number assigned

02/22/17: Consulate (Manila) received case

03/07/17: SLEC Medical Exam Day 1

03/08/17: SLEC Medixal Exam Day 2

03/15/17: US Consul Interview Day **APPROVED**

03/15/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

03/16/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ISSUED

03/21/17: Passport received in mail

03/25/17: POE at IAD Washington, DC

05/19/17: Married in Alexandria, VA ❤️

Adjustment of Status

06/17/17: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent through USPS

06/24/17: NOA1 SMS and email notification for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

06/29/17: NOA1 I-797 for I-485, I-765 and I-131 received by mail

06/30/17: I-797C appointment notice for biometrics received by mail

07/13/17: Biometrics appointment

09/18/17: Called USCIS to expedite I-765

09/26/17: EAD/AP Status Change to New Card is Being Produced

09/29/17: EAD/AP Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

02/14/18: I-485 Status Change to Interview is Scheduled

02/16/18: Received interview confirmation in mail

03/22/18: INTERVIEW (PASSED!)

03/27/18: I-485 Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

03/30/18: Got Green Card!

Removal of Conditions

02/28/20: Sent I-751

03/03/20: NOA1 received

10/27/21: Approved after 18 months of waiting

10/29/21: Received 10 year Green Card

Naturalization

04/30/21: Filed N-400 online and received NOA1 on same day

01/06/22: Interview for Naturalization went well, APPROVED! (6 months after filing, much faster I wonder if it's because it was filed during Biden admin)

02/25/22: Oathtaking Ceremony and receipt of Certificate. Thank you so much for your help everyone! ^^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

February 14, 2018 - USCIS sent us a notification through email that our interview has been scheduled and that they sent us a letter with instructions!

February 16, 2018 - we received the letter from USCIS and our interview is going to be on March 22, 2018 on Fairfax, VA (weird bc we're closer to DC but I guess it's state jurisdiction). It took 230+ days from NOA1 to interview notification. Just needed to be patient I guess.

Anyone else here from VA? I hope everyone else is doing good in life!

Bobby

K1 Fiance Visa Application

11/01/16: I-129F sent through USPS

11/08/16: NOA1 SMS confirmation received

01/30/17: NOA2 SMS confirmation received

02/14/17: NVC received and case number assigned

02/22/17: Consulate (Manila) received case

03/07/17: SLEC Medical Exam Day 1

03/08/17: SLEC Medixal Exam Day 2

03/15/17: US Consul Interview Day **APPROVED**

03/15/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

03/16/17: CEAC Passport/Visa Status ISSUED

03/21/17: Passport received in mail

03/25/17: POE at IAD Washington, DC

05/19/17: Married in Alexandria, VA ❤️

Adjustment of Status

06/17/17: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent through USPS

06/24/17: NOA1 SMS and email notification for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

06/29/17: NOA1 I-797 for I-485, I-765 and I-131 received by mail

06/30/17: I-797C appointment notice for biometrics received by mail

07/13/17: Biometrics appointment

09/18/17: Called USCIS to expedite I-765

09/26/17: EAD/AP Status Change to New Card is Being Produced

09/29/17: EAD/AP Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

02/14/18: I-485 Status Change to Interview is Scheduled

02/16/18: Received interview confirmation in mail

03/22/18: INTERVIEW (PASSED!)

03/27/18: I-485 Status Change to Card Was Mailed to Me

03/30/18: Got Green Card!

Removal of Conditions

02/28/20: Sent I-751

03/03/20: NOA1 received

10/27/21: Approved after 18 months of waiting

10/29/21: Received 10 year Green Card

Naturalization

04/30/21: Filed N-400 online and received NOA1 on same day

01/06/22: Interview for Naturalization went well, APPROVED! (6 months after filing, much faster I wonder if it's because it was filed during Biden admin)

02/25/22: Oathtaking Ceremony and receipt of Certificate. Thank you so much for your help everyone! ^^

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anthony and Bobby said:

February 16, 2018 - we received the letter from USCIS and our interview is going to be on March 22, 2018 on Fairfax, VA (weird bc we're closer to DC but I guess it's state jurisdiction). It took 230+ days from NOA1 to interview notification. Just needed to be patient I guess.

Anyone else here from VA? I hope everyone else is doing good in life!

Hello, congratulations! Good luck with your interview! We lived in NoVa for quite a while, still miss it lol. Now we are in a Maryland side of the DC area. So our office now is Baltimore, which is slower than Fairfax office :(   We are July 2017 filers, stuck on "Fees Received".

BTW, USCIS Fairfax location is actually called Virginia - Washington Field Office and serves DC+Northern Virginia (mostly).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.