JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, JBMG said:

have you had a chance to visit the following? Great info in there.. 

Oh My! Why didnt i read this before :( I didnt put N/A or None to the part about Interpreter or Something. Almost 4 weeks at NVC now and looks like i am gonna have Checklist because i messed up the I-864EZ.

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Happyfamily03 said:

Oh My! Why didnt i read this before :( I didnt put N/A or None to the part about Interpreter or Something. Almost 4 weeks at NVC now and looks like i am gonna have Checklist because i messed up the I-864EZ.

Sorry..writing  N/A or None is just a safely precaution. You should be fine leaving that area blank. :-) as long as there are no missing pages,  it's signed and all areas are filled in correctly, you should be ok. :-) so no worries.Sorry to have scared you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since we checked in. Our scan date is June 26th.

On Saturday, July 15th, I was in an accident, and now my foot is broken in two places on my middle metatarsals. The medical care here in Uganda is not very reliable, and many people are telling us that I need to go back to the states to get good, safe care. It took us over 24 hours of going from one hospital to the next to just find someone to xray me and clean up the blood and broken skin!

I can not imagine traveling for 16+ hours alone with a broken, very painful foot in a non-weight bearing cast. Do you think that an expedite could be granted for my husband to just go ahead and travel home with me?

How do we go about filing for an expedite at the NVC level? I have read mixed info here...some saying email NVC, others saying email our embassy in Nairobi.

Please, any advice would be much appreciated. And any advice about caring for a broken foot would be just as welcomed.

Thanks,
The Goobies

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello everyone,

On Saturday, July 15th, I was in an accident, and now my foot is broken in two places on my middle metatarsals. The medical care here in Uganda is not very reliable, and many people are telling us that I need to go back to the states to get good, safe care. It took us over 24 hours of going from one hospital to the next to just find someone to xray me and clean up the blood and broken skin!

I can not imagine traveling for 16+ hours alone with a broken, very painful foot in a non-weight bearing cast. Do you think that an expedite could be granted for my husband to just go ahead and travel home with me?

How do we go about filing for an expedite at the NVC level? I have read mixed info here...some saying email NVC, others saying email our embassy in Nairobi.

Please, any advice would be much appreciated. And any advice about caring for a broken foot would be just as welcomed.

Thanks,
The Goobies

Hi! I'm glad you guys are okay and nothing worse happened! You can try expediting it, get a note from the doctor's and email it to the NVC, no guarantees it would work though!

Rest, keep the foot elevated and apply ice packs! Get well soon!

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, goobies said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks,
The Goobies

Hi, so sorry about your accident. 

You can most def ask and most likely you'll qualify for an expedite. 

Here is the info. Good luck!

How to expedite at NVC?

Go to this link has good information how to go about it.

http://boureypeatnut...m/expedite.html

Just to remind everyone to revisit the NVC Process Wiki, NVC Process Wiki

Hello everyone! Almost at the 4 week mark for us! Has anyone with a scan date in June received a CC yet (not including those with a checklist)? Thanks! :)

Edited by cleon86

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Greetings you guys! Checking in with one question though, my hubby sent the IV package on the 7th, June and called the NVC on the 17th. They confirmed they received it on the 14th. Would that be our scan date?! If so, we're a day away from the 5th week :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Roor.M said:

Greetings you guys! Checking in with one question though, my hubby sent the IV package on the 7th, June and called the NVC on the 17th. They confirmed they received it on the 14th. Would that be our scan date?! If so, we're a day away from the 5th week :D

Yes, your scan date is the day they said they received your file 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Hello everyone! Almost at the 4 week mark for us! Has anyone with a scan date in June received a CC yet (not including those with a checklist)? Thanks! :)

I haven't heard of any yet, but I'm looking for them 👀 lol

35 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

I haven't heard of any yet, but I'm looking for them 👀 lol

Me too lol! Anything to make me feel like they're getting closer to our date! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.