JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
20 hours ago, Elleandeff said:

@goobies, when you emailed the expedite did they send you a confirmation email? I sent it to nvcexpedite@state.gov Saturday, but havent heard back or received confirmation that they even got the request.

It did take about 4 days for us to get a response. On the 23rd of July, I emailed in the information and request. We received a generic "We have received your email and will inform you of the decision, blah, blah, blah" email on the 25th. The 27th they let us know the decision. So I would count today as day 1, then tomorrow evening, you may get the generic receipt confirmation. If not tomorrow, by Thursday. And then I would be safe and say maybe Monday you would get the final decision.

Good luck to you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/13/2017 at 5:56 PM, AlviNY said:

Scan date 6/13/17 - I called today to confirm, mail was delivered yesterday and they agent said they received the package today. 11 weeks from today :( seems every long hopefully no more checklist.

Same Scan Date. Any news? Good luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AlviNY said:

Yes i got CC on july 27

Good for you. 🤗 I'm still waiting. How do I know when my case get CC? On ceac? Thank you. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Carlabrazil said:

Good for you. 🤗 I'm still waiting. How do I know when my case get CC? On ceac? Thank you. 

Hello fellow Brazilian :)

Typically when you have CC your status on CEAC will change from "submit documents" to "at NVC".

Also, if you log in at https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx the line about your Affidavit of Support will have disappeared from the list...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all. I'm preparing my documents for the NVC process and I'm concerned about my tax returns. I got married on January 19, 2017, and filed my 1040EZ 2016 Tax Returns as Single on Jan 25 (since I was single in 2016). Should I have filed my tax returns as married even though I was single in 2016? Or I filed my tax returns correctly? I hope we don't face any issues during this immigration process. 

thanks a lot for your time guys! 

1 hour ago, Dan Jr said:

Hi all. I'm preparing my documents for the NVC process and I'm concerned about my tax returns. I got married on January 19, 2017, and filed my 1040EZ 2016 Tax Returns as Single on Jan 25 (since I was single in 2016). Should I have filed my tax returns as married even though I was single in 2016? Or I filed my tax returns correctly? I hope we don't face any issues during this immigration process. 

I did the same thing and my lawyer told me not to worry about it at this point. I can amend in the future, but at this point it's for income verification and should be fine. I know someone else who did the same thing and her wife just got her visa approved yesterday. I've also seen where some people include a letter that they're planning to amend or have already started the amendment process. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dan Jr said:

If you filed your tax returns as single and you were not married in 2016 then you should be fine. You field your taxes correctly. Are submitting civil documents for K1 visa? Your profile shows CR-1/IR-1 visa and if that's the case, then you be married.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dan Jr said:

I think since you were not married for that year you filed correctly. You shouldn't have to amend. You wouldn't file married until 2017 tax.  If it were the case that you were married and filed single then yes you need to amend before sending it. I was told they overanalyze everything and that probably wouldnt look good. 

Edited by Adreamer

8 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

I think since you were not married for that year you filed correctly. You shouldn't have to amend. You wouldn't file married until 2017 tax.  If it were the case that you were married and filed single then yes you need to amend before sending it. I was told they overanalyze everything and that probably wouldnt look good. 

^^^^Yes, that's right.

I must have misunderstood. If you weren't married in 2016, taxes for 2016 should have been filed as single. You filed correctly. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Timeline
56 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

I did the same thing and my lawyer told me not to worry about it at this point. I can amend in the future, but at this point it's for income verification and should be fine. I know someone else who did the same thing and her wife just got her visa approved yesterday. I've also seen where some people include a letter that they're planning to amend or have already started the amendment process. 

56 minutes ago, RamStu said:

If you filed your tax returns as single and you were not married in 2016 then you should be fine. You field your taxes correctly. Are submitting civil documents for K1 visa? Your profile shows CR-1/IR-1 visa and if that's the case, then you be married.

54 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Thanks a lot for your responses guys! I was single on Dec 31, 2016, so I should be fine :) 

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

@goobies you're right, they did send the 'received' email this afternoon.  Now I'm just waiting for the decision either way. Congrats on your recent progress too!

Edited by Elleandeff

Timeline

Sooo...last week my status on CEAC changed to At NVC and AOS disappeared. I also got an email from NVC stating we were missing a doc but could bring to interview so they'd still go ahead and schedule us.

Now today I got another email from NVC saying they have everything they needed to process our case and that we're on the queue for an interview...

So I wonder if today is really our CC date? Any thoughts?

Doesn't super matter either way I guess it's just for my own anxiety purposes haha and also cause i want to update the spreadsheet tonight...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.