JBMG

NVC - June 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

690 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
28 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS!! I just checked our case and the status changed to at NVC!!!! I'm trying to get a mani/pedi and I can't stop crying at the nail salon!!!!!! I'm so so happy!!!!

Congratulations!!!   

Hey I didn't know they were updating the system on Saturday's too!  When was the last time you had checked before just now? 

Edited by MajaB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
34 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS!! I just checked our case and the status changed to at NVC!!!! I'm trying to get a mani/pedi and I can't stop crying at the nail salon!!!!!! I'm so so happy!!!!

YAY!!! I was just saying to my hubby today, I hope that they get it soon!! Congrats!

1 hour ago, MajaB said:

Congratulations!!!   

Hey I didn't know they were updating the system on Saturday's too!  When was the last time you had checked before just now? 

The last time I checked was yesterday afternoon at work so it could have been late last night that it was updated and I just now saw it today! 

54 minutes ago, AOKLO said:

YAY!!! I was just saying to my hubby today, I hope that they get it soon!! Congrats!

Thank you so much!!!

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, cleon86 said:

Congratulations!!!! It's a wonderful surprise, isn't it 😄😄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, KaurN said:

@goobies  Yes go ahead and schedule your interview. Print out the interview confirmation page and that should suffice for you to go to the interview and  to get your medical done. You don't have to wait for your P4 letter. Make sure you bring originals of all your civil documents and copies of financial documents to the interview. I am sorry you are going through this.

KaurN,

Thank you for replying to us. This has been extremely stressful. We called the service center and she told me to not schedule online because it wouldn't show up, and it also says on the ais website that if we schedule before getting our interview date, they will not allow us to enter the embassy on that date. This is copied and pasted from the "official instructions" :  You should NOT reschedule an appointment unless you have already been given an initial appointment date by NVC/KCC. If you reschedule an appointment through the website without having received an initial appointment time by NVC/KCC, you will be turned away.

I am not trying to invalidate what you are saying. Can you just give us some secondary evidence that this is okay? Quite frankly, we don't think they know what the hell they are doing, and if someone out there does know, we would love to hear it, but only if 100,000% sure that it won't ruin or jeopardize our process.

Please let us know what you have to say. Thank you so much. 

On 8/12/2017 at 4:41 AM, Lifeisbeautiful03 said:

Yea, resend those documents, so your scan date can reset on time, so it keeps counting, against the 7weeks for supervisor review, when next you speak to a supervisor tell them you sent it in already, i spent over 5 months with nvc cos of this mistake of further review. ✌️ 

Thanks so much for all your help!!!!! I really appreciate it!!! Have a great day!! 😄😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, goobies said:

KaurN,

Thank you for replying to us. This has been extremely stressful. We called the service center and she told me to not schedule online because it wouldn't show up, and it also says on the ais website that if we schedule before getting our interview date, they will not allow us to enter the embassy on that date. This is copied and pasted from the "official instructions" :  You should NOT reschedule an appointment unless you have already been given an initial appointment date by NVC/KCC. If you reschedule an appointment through the website without having received an initial appointment time by NVC/KCC, you will be turned away.

I am not trying to invalidate what you are saying. Can you just give us some secondary evidence that this is okay? Quite frankly, we don't think they know what the hell they are doing, and if someone out there does know, we would love to hear it, but only if 100,000% sure that it won't ruin or jeopardize our process.

Please let us know what you have to say. Thank you so much. 

See the thing is we were dealing with a different consulate. When I was going through the process I was really confused too because NVC stopped answering my questions and told me to contact the consulate directly, the consulate had no clue what there were doing. I did schedule the interview online and when I called to confirm if the interview date is valid the rep at the call center at the consulate said "Who told you to schedule your interview when you don't even have a P4 letter?" There was a lot of going back and forth. I spoke to a supervisor at the consulate and he also said that if we don't receive a P4 letter before the date of our scheduled interview we will be turned away. But after following several VJ members whose cases were expedited I figured that none of them got a P4 letter and they all scheduled their interviews and everything went fine. So I just went  ahead and followed that as well and everything went fine.  When my husband went to the interview the guards at the embassy asked him for an interview letter, he showed them the interview confirmation page that we had gotten online after scheduling the interview and explained to them that our case was expedited. They let us in without any issues. Also what you posted above is talking about rescheduling an appointment, it doesn't say anything about scheduling your initial appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 hours ago, KaurN said:

See the thing is we were dealing with a different consulate. When I was going through the process I was really confused too because NVC stopped answering my questions and told me to contact the consulate directly, the consulate had no clue what there were doing. I did schedule the interview online and when I called to confirm if the interview date is valid the rep at the call center at the consulate said "Who told you to schedule your interview when you don't even have a P4 letter?" There was a lot of going back and forth. I spoke to a supervisor at the consulate and he also said that if we don't receive a P4 letter before the date of our scheduled interview we will be turned away. But after following several VJ members whose cases were expedited I figured that none of them got a P4 letter and they all scheduled their interviews and everything went fine. So I just went  ahead and followed that as well and everything went fine.  When my husband went to the interview the guards at the embassy asked him for an interview letter, he showed them the interview confirmation page that we had gotten online after scheduling the interview and explained to them that our case was expedited. They let us in without any issues. Also what you posted above is talking about rescheduling an appointment, it doesn't say anything about scheduling your initial appointment.

What can happen if they don't allow us in on the day we schedule ourselves?

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

So we are sending in the second round of documents after getting a checklist. They made us get our ENGLISH marriage certificate translated into Bangla language, per the request of the Embassy. God knows why. I've only seen them request translations into English, not the other way around... but whatever. I personally think the Embassy has no idea what to do with a special marriage certificate rather than the Nikah nama they normally see. It's a bunch of nonsense in my opinion and who knows what they will demand next. Maybe a trip to the moon to have it endorsed? Super frustrated!

4 minutes ago, Elleandeff said:

So we are sending in the second round of documents after getting a checklist. They made us get our ENGLISH marriage certificate translated into Bangla language, per the request of the Embassy. God knows why. I've only seen them request translations into English, not the other way around... but whatever. I personally think the Embassy has no idea what to do with a special marriage certificate rather than the Nikah nama they normally see. It's a bunch of nonsense in my opinion and who knows what they will demand next. Maybe a trip to the moon to have it endorsed? Super frustrated!

I'm so sorry!!! I understand you completely....we also just got a checklist that made no sense as well!! Praying we all get through this process quickly so we can be with our loved ones! Good luck! 

Edited by yl27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.