2,532 posts in this topic

I received my 18 month extension letter yesterday, and do not require my 9am Infopass appointment for Monday (Norfolk office).

I will be cancelling it in the next 10 minutes. I don't know if it reappears on the Infopass site immediately or not, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up anyway.

Leigh123: as I understand it, while we wait for a decision on the I-751 application we are still eligible to work. I panicked and made an Infopass appointment (I need proof of extension to renew my driver's license), but it turns out I didn't need to as my 18 month extension letter arrived yesterday.

EDIT: For reference, my extension was up in 13 days. Now 6 months and 13 days :P

Edited by SparkyShark

9 minutes ago, SparkyShark said:

I received my 18 month extension letter yesterday

Oh great! Thank you for the update! I've been wondering if USCIS have already started mailing the 18mo extension letters. Will keep an eye out for mine!

You're welcome! I added my "time to expiration" for reference, in case they are sending the letters to applicants by nearest expiration date :)

1 hour ago, SparkyShark said:

I received my 18 month extension letter yesterday, and do not require my 9am Infopass appointment for Monday (Norfolk office).

I will be cancelling it in the next 10 minutes. I don't know if it reappears on the Infopass site immediately or not, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up anyway.

Leigh123: as I understand it, while we wait for a decision on the I-751 application we are still eligible to work. I panicked and made an Infopass appointment (I need proof of extension to renew my driver's license), but it turns out I didn't need to as my 18 month extension letter arrived yesterday.

EDIT: For reference, my extension was up in 13 days. Now 6 months and 13 days :P

Thank u. 🙌🏾

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lettyana said:

Congratulations! It's nice to see that people are actually getting approvals. Would you mind sharing your NOA1 date and the 3 digits after your EAC17***?

Based on the info from her profile, I think she is VSC filer.

My NOA1 date is June 12, 2017 and it is EAC17256

23 hours ago, Anoushka Drew said:

Hello everyone, 

I just want to share that I received an approval notice for I-797 today. Now, I am just waiting for the green card. Next thing to do is to renew my driver's license. 

Hi! Congrats! What is the i-797? Are they processed under the same process and timeframe as the i-751? You have the same noa date as I do, but I'm not sure if yours being approved is indicative that they're almost at mine if the forms are completely different :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amr0119 said:

Hi! Congrats! What is the i-797? Are they processed under the same process and timeframe as the i-751? You have the same noa date as I do, but I'm not sure if yours being approved is indicative that they're almost at mine if the forms are completely different :)

That was a mistake. I meant I-751. Hopefully, you will get your approval soon. 

Hi guys!

I just want to do quick update after reading this forum silently for the past few months and I did found really good information in here!!! This update is the least I can do as appreciation to all you sharing their journey.

Case number EAC17271XXXXX was approved just today. I filed June 27, 2017 for lifting conditions, did biometrics late July (don't remember what day exactly), extension received afterwards. The 2 year green card expired 9/11/2017. It took a little over a year.

DHS website not updated, only case tracker app and case status online check.

Hang in there! It is coming.

Cheers,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone congratulations on the recent approvals! Please don’t forget to update your timeline 😺

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Hi everyone, I submitted my I-751 June of last year in Vermont. We sent our packet first week of June 2017. We got NOA1 June 30, 2017 and went for Biometrics appointment July 18, 2017. We never heard from them since then. My extension letter will expire on August 16, 2018 so I set an infopass appointment today, July 6, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA. I told the guy that my one year extension is expiring next month. He checked my extension letter and passport and stamped it for another year. He is very nice. At 8:45 pm today, my status changed from case received in local office to new card is being produced. My husband and I are wondering if the infopass appointment triggered the change of status. We are very happy about the news. My case is 17263XXXXX. I want to share this so people who are still waiting will be inspired. I am pretty soon their approvals will come.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.