IAMX

US declines to endorse Paris Climate agreement [merged threads]

217 posts in this topic

Timeline

Despite heavy lobbying from G7 leaders, President Donald Trump declined to endorse the Paris Climate Agreement in a joint pledge of support for one of former President Barack Obama’s signature achievements in office.

The president announced on Twitter that he would make the decision next week of whether to remain in the agreement.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/27/merkel-mad-trump-declines-endorse-paris-climate-agreement/

German leader Angela Merkel said Saturday that US President Donald Trump's G7 partners remained in the dark about his intentions on climate change, calling the debate at a summit in Sicily "very unsatisfactory".

"The whole discussion on the topic of climate was very difficult, not to say very unsatisfactory" Merkel said.

"Here we have a situation of six against one, meaning there is still no sign of whether the US will remain in the Paris accord or not," she added.

https://www.thelocal.de/20170527/merkel-calls-g7-climate-talks-very-unsatisfactory

Apparently she and other globalists aren't getting the message that countries care more about sovereignty than being ruled by globalist elites.

Edited by TBoneTX
to edit thread title after merge

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I wonder if they (the six other nations) think they should all give up their countries and let them be run by the UN?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On his recent trip to Europe, Mr. Trump waved aside a barrage of private lobbying by other heads of state to keep the United States in the agreement.
A frustrated Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission, said he opposed “behaving as vassals of the Americans” and assailed Mr. Trump for failing to even understand the mechanics of a withdrawal, which he said could take three or four years to fulfill.
“This notion — ‘I am Trump. I am American. America first, so I’m going to get out of it.’ — that is not going to happen,” Mr. Juncker said. “We tried to make that clear to Mr. Trump in clear, German principal clauses in Taormina, but it would appear that he did not understand.”
He added, “Not everything in international agreements is fake news.”
Mr. Trump has shown a willingness to shift direction up until the moment of a public announcement. He met on Wednesday with Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, who has advocated that the United States remain a part of the Paris accord. Other advisers pressing Mr. Trump to remain were furiously making their case.
In the past, such appeals have worked. In April, Mr. Trump was set to announce a withdrawal from the North American Free Trade Agreement, but at the last minute changed his mind after intense discussions with advisers and calls from the leaders of Canada and Mexico. Last week, a senior administration official said Mr. Trump would use a speech in Brussels to explicitly endorse NATO’s Article 5 mutual defense provision, which states that an attack on one NATO member is an attack on all. He did not.
The exit of the United States, the world’s largest economy and second-largest greenhouse gas polluter, would not dissolve the 195-nation pact, which was legally ratified last year, but it could set off a cascade of events that would have profound effects on the planet. Other countries that reluctantly joined the agreement could now withdraw or soften their commitments to cutting planet-warming pollution.
“The actions of the United States are bound to have a ripple effect in other emerging economies that are just getting serious about climate change, such as India, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia,” said Michael Oppenheimer, a professor of geosciences and international affairs at Princeton, and a member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a United Nations group that produces scientific reports aimed at informing global policy makers.
Once the fallout settles, he added, “it is now far more likely that we will breach the danger limit of 3.6 degrees” — the average atmospheric temperature increase above which a future of extreme conditions is considered irrevocable.
The aim of the Paris agreement was to lower planet-warming emissions enough to avoid that threshold.
“We will see more extreme heat, damaging storms, coastal flooding and risks to food security,” Professor Oppenheimer said. “And that’s not the kind of world we want to live in.”
Foreign policy experts said the move could damage the United States’ credibility and weaken Mr. Trump’s efforts to negotiate issues far beyond climate change, like trade and terrorism.
“From a foreign policy perspective, it’s a colossal mistake — an abdication of American leadership,” said R. Nicholas Burns, a retired career diplomat and an under secretary of state for President George W. Bush.

Timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/climate/trump-quits-paris-climate-accord.html

what will dumbo decide to do? What will fox, stone and vladdy advise? Will Ivanka appeal to his moderate side? Hail, were is Paris??? Chaos president... Vladdy wants w Europe to be in chaos and appears to have something on Donnie...

( good of NYT to appeal to his vanity using a great headline)

Timeline

Former UN Ambassador John Bolton will discuss the NATO and European reaction to Trump’s recent foreign trip, as well as reports that Trump might pull out of the Paris Climate Agreement and Trump’s pending decision on moving the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/05/31/breitbart-news-daily-adieu-paris/

People are believing Trump will pull out of the agreement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Similar-themed threads have been merged.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I see that all that matters is our sovereignty and American jobs.  Never mind the catastrophic effects man made carbon emissions are doing to our global temperatures and rising sea levels, which will have drastic negative effects on all of us worldwide in the near future..

I really cannot blame the corporate lobbyists on this one, because corporations are well-tooled machines with the sole purpose of profit, and it is therefore understandable that they will do what it takes to influence legislative priority in the most powerful nation on earth.

I blame the politicians suckered by their payouts to deny science and ignore the catastrophe we are handing our youth through such denial.  Politicians, who are supposed to be looking out for us.

In the 2016 election, Trump carried the majority vote among those 45 years and older. Clinton handily won among younger voters.

Those 45 and older, the Baby Boomers (yes, that generation that was originally anti-establishment and environmentally conscious), will not be around to suffer the consequences of global warming that the younger generation will.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Leon & Mylen said:

I see that all that matters is our sovereignty and American jobs.  Never mind the catastrophic effects man made carbon emissions are doing to our global temperatures and rising sea levels, which will have drastic negative effects on all of us worldwide in the near future..

I really cannot blame the corporate lobbyists on this one, because corporations are well-tooled machines with the sole purpose of profit, and it is therefore understandable that they will do what it takes to influence legislative priority in the most powerful nation on earth.

I blame the politicians suckered by their payouts to deny science and ignore the catastrophe we are handing our youth through such denial.  Politicians, who are supposed to be looking out for us.

In the 2016 election, Trump carried the majority vote among those 45 years and older. Clinton handily won among younger voters.

Those 45 and older, the Baby Boomers (yes, that generation that was originally anti-establishment and environmentally conscious), will not be around to suffer the consequences of global warming that the younger generation will.

the agreement, which has been signed by 195 countries, he will do so over the objections of hundreds of major U.S. businesses. 

In recent months, big business has lobbied fiercely in favor of the deal, which aims to end the fossil fuel era. Even major oil firms like Chevron (CVX) and ExxonMobil (XOM) back it. 

Exxon CEO Darren Woods wrote a personal letter to Trump earlier this month, urging him to stick to the deal. The U.S., he said, is "well positioned to compete" with the agreement in place and staying in means "a seat at the negotiating table to ensure a level playing field." 

It might appear to be a strange move for energy firms, but many like the agreement because it favors natural gas (which they produce) over dirtier coal. 

It's more than just energy firms, though: Microsoft (MSFTTech30)Apple (AAPLTech30)Starbucks (SBUX)Gap (GPS)Nike (NKE)Google (GOOGLTech30)Adidas (ADDYY) and L'Oreal (LRLCY) all support continued U.S. involvement.

8 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

the agreement, which has been signed by 195 countries, he will do so over the objections of hundreds of major U.S. businesses. 

In recent months, big business has lobbied fiercely in favor of the deal, which aims to end the fossil fuel era. Even major oil firms like Chevron (CVX) and ExxonMobil (XOM) back it. 

Exxon CEO Darren Woods wrote a personal letter to Trump earlier this month, urging him to stick to the deal. The U.S., he said, is "well positioned to compete" with the agreement in place and staying in means "a seat at the negotiating table to ensure a level playing field." 

It might appear to be a strange move for energy firms, but many like the agreement because it favors natural gas (which they produce) over dirtier coal. 

It's more than just energy firms, though: Microsoft (MSFTTech30)Apple (AAPLTech30)Starbucks (SBUX)Gap (GPS)Nike (NKE)Google (GOOGLTech30)Adidas (ADDYY) and L'Oreal (LRLCY) all support continued U.S. involvement.

Yes, I heard about this, and it's nice to see some corporations coming around on it, especially Exxon.  However, we still have a long ways to go, as the GOP didn't become the only entity in the entire world who denies the science on this matter without the lobbying that still has yet to be undone. 

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
5 hours ago, Leon & Mylen said:

Yes because none of them have any kids, grandkids, grand grandkids or anything like that.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!