david221g

Status changed to "Application Received" from "Ready"

218 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My fiance and I applied for a K1 visa, and I went to the CO for an interview a month ago while he put me on "administrative processing", asking for my resume (i guess im under TAL, since I work in a technical field).

2 days ago it changed to "READY", with this statement under-

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application."

2 more things happened-

1. "Case Created" was changed to the same date as 2 days ago (it originally opened on January 2017)

2. It changed from "IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION" to "NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION"

Today (48h after ==2 business days) it changed to "Application Received", without a change to "Case Last Updated"  (remained 2 days ago).

What does "Application Received" means? there's nothing on google about it.

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,

Dave

Hey Dave,

My fiance's application just had a similar update in the last day. Must be a new thing - I could also not find information on this. Our timeline of relevant events is as follows:

3/22 - Denied on first interview attempt (Guangzhou, China) 

3/25 - Asked for second interview - surprisingly was granted

4/5 - Successful second interview

4/10ish - Visa not yet mailed, we get concerned. Find out that our case is in Administrative Processing, last update 3/22. 

4/20 - Inquire with consulate about status via standard website inquiry form. 

4/25 - Generic response about 'larger than normal volume of applications, please be patient'

5/14 - Case updated, but still in Administrative Processing

5/15 - Status changed to Ready

5/17 - Status changed to Application Received *NOTE: the last update still says 5/15, don't know what that's about, as it was updated today, 5/17

I guess we'll just have to wait, see what comes up. Will post here. Feeling optimistic (and not much about this process has left me feeling this way!)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response, I felt 'alone' for a moment.

My Timeline-

April 6th- Interview- got denied on 221g AP - was asked to send my Resume.

April 7th- Administrative Processing

May 15th - Changed from AP to Ready ("case updated" changed to May 15th)

May 17th - Changed from Ready to Application Received ("case updated" remained May 15th).

Looks like we're in this together :)

- Dave

Edited by david221g

Hi Dave

I had my k1 visa interview on 4/10 in Guangzhou and was approved. My visa status update has been similar too.

4/10 ~ somewhere around 5/10 Administrative proceeding ( I didn't check everyday)

5/15 Ready ( the update date said 5/2 though. And also it says non immigrant visa )

5/18 Application received (the date still says 5/2)

I'm really confused since they asked me to go to the immigrant area in the consulate for the interview, and then gave me a piece of paper saying "immigrant visa issuance notice". 

Besides, i checked all the websites in China and no one has ever seen the "application received" update doing any type of US visa. >_< but the posts online are from years ago, so probably it's a new update pattern in 2017? 

⊙﹏⊙

Eufi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am in the same boat! Here's our timeline:

The I-129 Petition was received by USCIS on September 28, 2016 .

It was approved on January 25, 2017 (and valid until 5/24/2017).

According to the CEAC website, on February 8, 2017, an "Immigrant Visa Case" was created.

It was received by NVC on February 16, 2017

On March 23, my  Fiance had her K-1 interview at the Consulate in Guangzhou, China and was told her application was approved. Two days later she was asked to submit her original divorce certificate.

On March 24, a "Non-Immigrant Visa Case" was created. (Note: a second application/case number was created)

On, March 31 my fiance gave the required documentation and CITIC comfirmed that they were received on April 3. 

On April 12 the US Consulate in Guangzhou stated that they received the required additional documentation and would process visa immediately.

On May 11, the "Immigrant Visa Case" was updated an entered Administrative Processing

On May 16, the "Non Immigrant Visa Case" was updated to "Application Received"

It has now been over 50 days and still we have heard nothing and my fiance has not received her passport.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello All ,

First of All , I am happy to find such group which is experiencing same what happened to me

Let me tell you in details what was my experience

My case is a renewal of J-2 visa :

I sent my documents to embassy on April 27th (passport and required documents"

then My case was updated on May 2nd as ''Administration Process"

I received my copied documents and passport and they asked me to schedule an appointment which was on May 10th . The officer Approved my visa . I checked my Visa was as " Administration process"

On May 15th , case status changed to Be "READY"

On May 17th , case status changed to be '"Application Received"

Till Now it is the same as stated !! Please , does anyone of you has any further information regarding this issue ? Did anyone of you send an email to embassy ?

Thank you all in advance,

So hardly an update, but my fiancee's case remained in Application Received status but the Last Update changed from 5/17 to 5/19. 

I did send an email Thursday evening, but the Consulate did not respond on Friday. 

Oh the suspense...

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Eric ,

So your fiancé got approved for visa ? Did she submit the passport ? &

Why was the visa denied ? and Does ''Application received'' means good thing ?

Our case updated last was On may 15th but the status changed on May 17th as "Application Received " ?

we are worried why does all this delay and this weird status as well ?

Thank you for your reply .

So, initially my fiancee was denied. She was not given a reason or 221g, but suspect it had something to do with my income which was literally $24 lower than the poverty requirements because I was a full-time graduate student (although I did have my father sign a joint I-134) OR that her parents were members of the Chinese Communist Party, which shouldn't in theory be grounds for denial. I mention these two things, because that was what the line of questioning was during the interview.  

She then asked for a second interview, and was granted one two weeks later. At that interview, her application was accepted - she submitted her passport at that time. 

Nobody knows what this Application Received status means, unfortunately. It seems very new... this is forum is the only place I've seen any information about it. Will post when I hear back, hope others will too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.