DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bambi_DC said:

I did. Officer conducted my N-400 interview and went through I-751 application quickly (divorce waiver).

He then asked for time to review my file which was like 3 big binders. I got my approval about 4 months later for both.

Can I ask you how long did you wait for your interview?  Did they transfer your I751 somewhere after submitting your N400?  I don't see any movement on my file but I hope for the best. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Bambi_DC said:

I did. Officer conducted my N-400 interview and went through I-751 application quickly (divorce waiver).

He then asked for time to review my file which was like 3 big binders. I got my approval about 4 months later for both.

May I ask what do u mean by divorce waiver?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, emcia_81 said:

Can I ask you how long did you wait for your interview?  Did they transfer your I751 somewhere after submitting your N400?  I don't see any movement on my file but I hope for the best. 

My I-751 was pending for a long time. But my N-400 went through normal timeline. I filed my case end of July 2017 and I interviewed in March 2018

Edited by Bambi_DC

Timeline
35 minutes ago, dannyphan91 said:

May I ask what do u mean by divorce waiver?

i mean my I-751, it was a waiver (I was already divorced from my husband)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Bambi_DC said:

i mean my I-751, it was a waiver (I was already divorced from my husband)

Did you apply based on 5 years?

2 hours ago, Bambi_DC said:

You just need to show international travel itenary in order to get your passport quicker. I went on Thursday Afternoon, and my itenary showed I have a fight at noon on Friday. So they asked me to wait for my passport same day. Expidited passport is $60 more.

I paid $235 to get both Passport book and Passport Card which was sent by mail and I already received it

May I know where you applied for the passport? i might need to expedite mine when the time comes. thanks!

Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, smartgreen said:

May I know where you applied for the passport? i might need to expedite mine when the time comes. thanks!

I applied at Washington Passport Agency located at 600 19th ST NW, Washington DC

You can either walk-in or make an appointment online (if you know your Oath date, just schedule a day of after the Oath or other day convinient for you)

I also filled my Passport application online in advance and printed a copy

You must have an itinerary/ proof of urgent travel to use this method

Edited by Bambi_DC

I know this is not worth mentioning but please allow me to share a tiny excitement of my day. The status changed from "In line for Oath Ceremony" to "Oath will be scheduled" today. One tiny step closer, yay!!!

@Bambi_DC thanks for sharing!

Edited by smartgreen

how long did it take you guys to know the Oath day once the status changed to "Oath will be scheduled"? i hope it's not another 1 month wait....

Timeline
22 hours ago, smartgreen said:

how long did it take you guys to know the Oath day once the status changed to "Oath will be scheduled"? i hope it's not another 1 month wait....

It can take a month and even more depending on Virginia Oath vs. DC Proper Oath Ceremonies. If you get "Oath Notice Mailed", then you should have the letter within couple of days

I live in DC proper (downtown DC), and the Oath is always at the District Court. Here is my Oath Timeline

Oath will be scheduled: Sep 21, 2018

Status Changed to Oath Notice Mailed: Nov 30

Status Changed again to Oath Notice Mailed: Dec 10

Received Oath Letter: Dec 13

Oath Ceremony Date: Jan 8, 2019

Edited by Bambi_DC

I second Bambi.

I am in Virginia and this is my oath timeline.

19 November 2018 : interview

19 November 2018: approved

19 November 2018: in line for oath

27 December 2018 we mailed your oath ceremony letter

Oath date :26 January 2019

(This Saturday! In less than 48 hours)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.