DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, M&M2013 said:

Fairfax field filer 

interview was on Friday 22,2019 decision can’t be made, till date haven’t heard nothing , no updates on my accounts. Just enjoying this wait game and hoping to hear some good news soon .best of luck to all

Why decision can not be made?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

8 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

Why decision can not be made?

She said that everything looks good on my application, but she’s new on the job and she can’t make a decision on that day ( her office seems new too ) so yeah , but she was a very very polite officer ,  during my interview she made me sign my to be naturalization certificate, signed on the iPad the oath , and printed that famous paper with a decision cannot be made . As I said now I’m enjoying this wait . Will keep you posted if anything changes 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, M&M2013 said:

She said that everything looks good on my application, but she’s new on the job and she can’t make a decision on that day ( her office seems new too ) so yeah , but she was a very very polite officer ,  during my interview she made me sign my to be naturalization certificate, signed on the iPad the oath , and printed that famous paper with a decision cannot be made . As I said now I’m enjoying this wait . Will keep you posted if anything changes 

I have heard 3 different accounts with same new officer. This is ridiculous to subject people to wait because she is on training. As if we haven't waited long enough already.  I have interview tomorrow and I wish I don't get officer, as I have travel scheduled next month.

1 minute ago, beam30 said:

I have heard 3 different accounts with same new officer. This is ridiculous to subject people to wait because she is on training. As if we haven't waited long enough already.  I have interview tomorrow and I wish I don't get officer, as I have travel scheduled next month.

Yeah , well I guess it’s all about luck , I asked her how long it might take, she responded by maybe 4-8 weeks maybe longer , but she said to keep an eye on my application online for updates , between us at this time I don’t even check my status anymore 

just FYI: my estimated completion time changes from January 2020 to February 2020 so yeah I didn’t lie when I said my luck is letting me down :) but I hope you have a different experience than mine .

Timeline

I had interview today at Fairfax, VA. I was approved but my application went to quality review afterwards.  Are any members in the same boat? How long did it take?

Questions were easy. I had IRS transcripts but it did not have information about payments. There are 4 kinds of different IRS transcripts, get the one which shows you owe nothing and paid taxes if owed. It is just one page for each year. Officer was kind enough to allow me to get print outs from Fedex and then submit them in hand.  There is no free parking near FO, I paid 7 dollars twice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you're going to an interview or something at the office in Dunn Loring please don't have someone drop you off from the street and block the entire right lane. Really annoying to try to get around you on the way to work. There is a metro parking garage on the left. If you really have to be dropped off, tell your driver to turn right after the USCIS building and drop you off there. Thank you!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, SONG41 said:

Max-AR2016

Can you possibly explain the process or send the links to do the below as I was unaware you could get a same day passport when it was your first passport? Thanks

“I could not stay long since I had an international trip the day after so I immediately headed to the DC passport agency and got a same day passport. “

I went about it through the Washington DC passport agency. Here's a list of all the passport agencies throughout the country :

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html

I made an appointment online. You can only do this if your travel date is within 14 days and can show proof of travel (I printed out my Delta itinerary). 

Once I booked my appointment I received an email from DOS with a confirmation number that you will need to present at the passport agency. I also had two passport sized photos, a filled out DS 11 form, and my newly issued certificate of naturalization. 

I showed up at 1130am, presented my documents at check in, went through security and was immediately seen. The person behind the counter made copies of all my documents then gave me a number and told me to have a seat. No more than 10 minutes later my number was called, I turned in all my documents and the person at the counter asked me confirm that all information was correct to the fullest extent of my knowledge. Once I did I paid via CC (it came out to 235: 140 for passport book and card, 60 for expedited fee, and a 35 execution fee). By this time it was noon and I was then given a receipt and told to come back from 2-3 to pick up my passport (the card would be mailed out).

I went to run some errands and came back at 230 and had my passport in hand by 245. Surprisingly, it was a very pleasant experience (I was expecting a DMV type of experience). It seems they allow walk-ins but I did not want to risk it, so I HIGHLY recommend making an appointment which is not difficult at all.

Hope this helps!

Timeline
17 hours ago, beam30 said:

I had interview today at Fairfax, VA. I was approved but my application went to quality review afterwards.  Are any members in the same boat? How long did it take?

Questions were easy. I had IRS transcripts but it did not have information about payments. There are 4 kinds of different IRS transcripts, get the one which shows you owe nothing and paid taxes if owed. It is just one page for each year. Officer was kind enough to allow me to get print outs from Fedex and then submit them in hand.  There is no free parking near FO, I paid 7 dollars twice.

This happened to me too. However, after my interview I was told no decision could be made. Two day laters I received an email that my app had been approved but went to quality review. Within three weeks I received the notification that my oath ceremony had been scheduled. 

Good luck!

Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, Jc2149 said:

Congratulations. Just one questions on accuracy of estimated completion time. Mine has gone from 3/2020 to 7/2020 , I filed in July 2019

Mine stayed stagnant throughout the process. I had completion month December 2019, but was all wrapped up by November 2019.

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, max_AR2016 said:

Mine stayed stagnant throughout the process. I had completion month December 2019, but was all wrapped up by November 2019.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the information. My case is estimated to complete by June 2019. When you said "all wrapped up", does that include getting your naturalization certificate? Or does that mean your case was approved by November? 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 minute ago, Valor said:

Thanks for sharing the information. My case is estimated to complete by June 2019. When you said "all wrapped up", does that include getting your naturalization certificate? Or does that mean your case was approved by November? 

Got my certificate November 12, 2019, so yes completely done with certificate in hand. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, max_AR2016 said:

This happened to me too. However, after my interview I was told no decision could be made. Two day laters I received an email that my app had been approved but went to quality review. Within three weeks I received the notification that my oath ceremony had been scheduled. 

Good luck!

thank you. 3 weeks isn't bad.

Applied April 15th

Bio May 10th

I was out of US for 98 Days after Bio

Interview Notice Oct 10th

Interview Nov12th approved FairFax

Oath Date Dec 16th at the National Archives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.