smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chris J said:

It's just a trip, looking at petitions for last year and it seems all are getting approved in 2-4 months with ease.. Now, exactly seems like each week it's getting slower... Unreal.

Yep.  I was talking to one person who submitted in August last year.  The NOA2 came in 37 days and they didn’t think it should have taken that long!!!  LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yep.  I was talking to one person who submitted in August last year.  The NOA2 came in 37 days and they didn’t think it should have taken that long!!!  LOL

Haha wow. So from 37 days to nearly 6 months.. That's crazy.. I wonder if things will start to speed up or slow down even more as we're getting later in the year.. 🤔

5 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Haha wow. So from 37 days to nearly 6 months.. That's crazy.. I wonder if things will start to speed up or slow down even more as we're getting later in the year.. 🤔

From my esteemed colleagues here, it is the consensus that times will quicken a bit starting in the August and September time frame.  I’m not sure how much but they believe that May and June will be the longest wait in history.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

From my esteemed colleagues here, it is the consensus that times will quicken a bit starting in the August and September time frame.  I’m not sure how much but they believe that May and June will be the longest wait in history.

Lucky us! :no:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Interesting. Well, hopefully your colleagues are correct. They are half way to the end of May, so just June and hopefully things will speed up greatly. 

omg @Shoegum these numbers are already amazing :) and i am sure there will be more later!

woaaaah i will sleep like a giant baby tonight hahaha

congrats to everybody that can say the wait is over

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

1 minute ago, Chris J said:

Interesting. Well, hopefully your colleagues are correct. They are half way to the end of May, so just June and hopefully things will speed up greatly. 

Actually they found out this morning that there are still 1000 April petitions that haven’t been touched.  There are only 3 less petitions remaining in May as in the entire month of June.  Both around 3800.  Things are not good right now.  May started at 4700 so they have only touched about 900 May petitions total.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Can you or anyone else speak to the massive differences in time frame between last year and this year?  (Sorry if this is already very common knowledge that I'm inquiring about.)

event.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Actually they found out this morning that there are still 1000 April petitions that haven’t been touched.  There are only 3 less petitions remaining in May as in the entire month of June.  Both around 3800.  Things are not good right now.  May started at 4700 so they have only touched about 900 May petitions total.

Wow.. Unbelievable.. Have they said the total petetions for the other months? August, September, etc? If it's anywhere near as many as many as May and June then.. dang...

Just now, Van & Tiger said:

Can you or anyone else speak to the massive differences in time frame between last year and this year?  (Sorry if this is already very common knowledge that I'm inquiring about.)

I believe the big slow down started in May when the USCIS prioritized work visas over family visas.  Obviously this is probably an over simplification as immigration is going through a period of change right now.  When the USCIS put family visas on the back burner we all took the hit.

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Wow.. Unbelievable.. Have they said the total petetions for the other months? August, September, etc? If it's anywhere near as many as many as May and June then.. dang...

That information is available here.  I have only looked at May and June but there are people running the scripts for other months.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Since we are at day 162 my fiancé just called USCIS. They said can't give much information, but now they are still processing April 1st cases...

WHICH IS SO DEPRESSING, but I also guess it's what the internet site says. WHen he asked more about last month update to get an idea of the speed, she said they don't have that information, which he had to say that if they update it every month at some point somebody knew!!!

Anyways, he asked for a tier 2 and they are supposed to call him back in 83 minutes! :o

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Since we are at day 162 my fiancé just called USCIS. They said can't give much information, but now they are still processing April 1st cases...

WHICH IS SO DEPRESSING, but I also guess it's what the internet site says. WHen he asked more about last month update to get an idea of the speed, she said they don't have that information, which he had to say that if they update it every month at some point somebody knew!!!

Anyways, he asked for a tier 2 and they are supposed to call him back in 83 minutes! :o

Day 163 and there are a couple cases that have been approved or RFE'd before our case, what happened to chronological order?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, AbdulShakir said:

USCIS sent me a message that they have mailed an RFE on October 12, 2017 and today is 10-20-17 almost 8 days and have not received their RFE. Do any of you have a similar experience? Please share with me. Thanks.

I just got an RFE notice from the app and will wait for it in the mail. I'll let you know how long it takes! I guess any news is better than no news :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.