Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

That's so expensive. So you need to redo the whole medical because of the gonorrhea screening only? I had my medical in October 2016 and I actually did have a gonorrhea test and I think they had just started to require it, those in September didn't need to have it. 

We are going to the doctor on Wednesday to hopefully plead our case, if need be, and see if the Dr's interpretation is only the G test, her vaccinations are complete. I am not sure there is anyone I can call to receive clarification. If only the G test I think they want 200 here for that, but it would be nice to know what they need so I can shop around.

IMG_20180309_054314.jpg

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
6 hours ago, Troy P said:

We are going to the doctor on Wednesday to hopefully plead our case, if need be, and see if the Dr's interpretation is only the G test, her vaccinations are complete. I am not sure there is anyone I can call to receive clarification. If only the G test I think they want 200 here for that, but it would be nice to know what they need so I can shop around.

IMG_20180309_054314.jpg

My experience, in CA, was that they make you pay to walk in and do the gonorrhea test, and then they charge you per vaccine that you need. I didn't need any vaccines because I got them all through my insurance (Kaiser) so I just presented a vaccination record. If you have the vaccination record and it's up to date, you should be able to pay "only" for the visit ($200) so make sure you bring the record! The cheapest I found here was $150 (that's what I payed) but I called all the offices in my area to check the prices. Also, for the vaccines I didn't get with Kaiser, i.e. all the vaccines I got as a baby and didn't have a record for, I got an immunization test (blood test) at Kaiser to prove I had them.

I hope this helps, I'm sorry you'll have to pay for this again :/

J-1 212 Residency Requirement Waiver                                                                    Removal of Conditions

08/22/2016 Advisory opinion request                                                                      07/01/2019 Package sent (I-751)

09/30/2016 Finding letter sent *subject*                                                                 07/03/2019 Package received at Pheonix, AZ Lockbox

09/30/2016 Documents received by DOS                                                                07/10/2019 Text notification of Case received, WAC#

12/13/2016 NOS Letter received                                                                               07/12/2019 Received NOA, 18 month extension letter.

01/25/2017 Favorable Recommendation Sent                                                        01/27/2020 Biometrics taken, Pomona CA

02/02/2017 Case received by USCIS                                                                         08/14/2020 Case transferred to NBC

02/2017 Married!                                                                                                            04/02/2021 Interview scheduled

05/17/2017 Approval notice received                                                                       05/10/2021 Interview at San Bernardino office

05/11/2021 Case approved

Adjustment Of Status from J-1                                                                                     N-400

05/08/2017 Package sent (I-130, I-485 and I-765)                                                   06/28/2020 Applied Online

05/11/2017 Package received at Chicago Lockbox                                                 07/06/2020 Received NOA

05/18/2017 NOA received with case numbers via mail                                           12/14/2020 Biometrics Reuse Notice

06/06/2017 Had biometrics appointment in Pomona, CA                                       04/02/2021 Interview scheduled

08/07/2017 Sent an online service request on I-765                                                05/10/2021 Interview at San Bernardino office/Decision cannot be made because of I-751 pending

08/17/2017 Letter in the mail saying case still under review                                  05/17/2021 Case recommended for approved, submitted for quality review

08/23/2017 Scheduled for an interview                                                                      05/17/2021 Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

08/26/2017 Sent second SR on I-765                                                                          06/25/2021 Oath Ceremony, San Bernardino Office

08/26/2017 EAD New Card is Being Produced

08/29/2017 EAD card was mailed to me

08/31/2017 EAD card received in the mail

09/25/2017  Interview at San Bernardino office/GC approved

09/25/2017 GC is being produced

09/28/2017 GC was mailed to me

09/30/2017 GC received in the mail

Timeline
18 hours ago, tamaara said:

My experience, in CA, was that they make you pay to walk in and do the gonorrhea test, and then they charge you per vaccine that you need. I didn't need any vaccines because I got them all through my insurance (Kaiser) so I just presented a vaccination record. If you have the vaccination record and it's up to date, you should be able to pay "only" for the visit ($200) so make sure you bring the record! The cheapest I found here was $150 (that's what I payed) but I called all the offices in my area to check the prices. Also, for the vaccines I didn't get with Kaiser, i.e. all the vaccines I got as a baby and didn't have a record for, I got an immunization test (blood test) at Kaiser to prove I had them.

I hope this helps, I'm sorry you'll have to pay for this again :/

I was hoping it is for the G test only but I don't think it is clear, it would be only like 200 for that, that would be the best case scenario.

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
RFE(s) :  
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

So here's what the USCIS says regarding the medical examination and gonorrhea testing on Civil Surgeons: How to Report Gonorrhea Screening Results on Form I-693:

Effective Aug. 1, 2016, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued new Technical Instructions that require gonorrhea testing for most adjustment of status applicants 15 years of age and older who are required to have a full medical examination when they file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

If the applicant’s Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, was completed before Aug. 1, 2016, they do not need to report results of such testing, and officers should not issue a Request for Evidence.

Who Must Be Tested for Gonorrhea

While most adjustment of status applicants 15 years of age and older must be tested for gonorrhea, certain applicants are exempt from having to submit a full medical examination and do not need to be tested.

The following applicants may submit Form I-693 with only a completed Vaccination Record (and the information/signature sections for the applicant and civil surgeons), provided they had a medical examination abroad in which the panel physician did not identify a Class A condition:  

• Refugees.
  • Derivative asylees who file an adjustment application within one year of becoming eligible to file.
  • K and V nonimmigrants who file an adjustment application within one year of the medical examination abroad.

So, the way I understand it, K1/3 filers should be fine and won't need the test either way? Am I just reading this completely wrong?
P.s.: I know not everyone on here is a K-1/3 filer, I'm just trying to understand what the heck is up with those medicals...

Timeline

My wife went to attempt to complete her medical and the lady in the office told us that the process changed in August 2016, but as an example her office didn't receive the email with change instructions, forms etc.. until December 2016. That might have been what happened with my wife's medical, possibly the office in Haiti didn't have the info since her original appointment was in December. Thus we paid the 260.00 for new form and exam. One other note about her vaccinations, she had the influenza at the original appointment but it is a seasonal vaccination so they required her to get the flu shot. More to come...

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
RFE(s) :  
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

What do you do with the affidavit support? Do you simply print the copy of the submitted one or bring them the new affidavit support. Also, I owe IRS $320 back taxes.(2016) Will it be a problem while being petitioner? I know, it is problem if you are applying for citizenship? My processing filling times are now, March 17 as of January 2018. My interview date is coming soon. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, kris.n said:

So here's what the USCIS says regarding the medical examination and gonorrhea testing on Civil Surgeons: How to Report Gonorrhea Screening Results on Form I-693:

So, the way I understand it, K1/3 filers should be fine and won't need the test either way? Am I just reading this completely wrong?
P.s.: I know not everyone on here is a K-1/3 filer, I'm just trying to understand what the heck is up with those medicals...

If your medical abroad is within a year of your application for AOS, then gonorrhea testing is not required. That being said, some Civil Surgeons will try to include the test with the vaccines and charge you more. This was our experience and we had to show the doc the policy so we didn't get charge for the unnecessary test. We didn't have any issues during AOS

Edited by MandyAlex

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, oguzksk said:

What do you do with the affidavit support? Do you simply print the copy of the submitted one or bring them the new affidavit support. Also, I owe IRS $320 back taxes.(2016) Will it be a problem while being petitioner? I know, it is problem if you are applying for citizenship? My processing filling times are now, March 17 as of January 2018. My interview date is coming soon. :)

We didn't bring an Affidavit to the interview, nor one's required. If you feel better, you can either bring a copy of the old one or do a new one if your financial situation has change substantially. We weren't ask about the Affidavit during our interview and we got approved. As far as your IRS debt, I think it's a very small amount and should not be an issue. I'll be a bit concerned if you haven't make some type of payments arrangements but even though, I don't feel the small debt should pose a problem. Best of luck at your interview. 

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone else get a little disheartened when the processing times on this website shows they’re processing cases from May 25th and you filed May 1st and still haven’t heard anything?  I know my field office is a little slower, but I’m starting to get impatient.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

You should call the office and ask them. They will tell you. I was waiting for my EOS and called them up what is going on and next week I got my EOS. Also, sometimes, I might take more than a year. So you just gotta wait.

On 16.03.2018 г. at 6:20 AM, MandyAlex said:

If your medical abroad is within a year of your application for AOS, then gonorrhea testing is not required. That being said, some Civil Surgeons will try to include the test with the vaccines and charge you more. This was our experience and we had to show the doc the policy so we didn't get charge for the unnecessary test. We didn't have any issues during AOS

Thanks! Although I never really went to see a civil surgeon. When I applied for AOS I just submitted the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet and did not receive any RFEs. Now the Interview Notice states you must bring a completed medical examination (Form-I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted). I figured since I've had the medical already and did not have issues submitting only the DS-3025 with I-485, I shouldn't really have any issues. I might be completely wrong and definitely risking an RFE this time, but all the info on the subject became too overwhelming at some point, so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Interview's next Thursday so it won't be too long!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello All, 

I'm here to share with you what happened during the last couple of months regarding my AOS application/ interview, I hope it would be hopeful in case anyone encounters the same issue. 

I received my EAD in August 2017, Since July 8th My case was ready to be scheduled for an interview, The file was being sent from NVC to San Antonio, TX. In January (After 6 months approx) 

Timeline

Hello All, 

I'm here to share with you what happened during the last couple of months regarding my AOS application/ interview, I hope it would be useful in case anyone encounters the same issue. 

I received my EAD in August 2017, Since July 8th My case was ready to be scheduled for an interview, The file was being sent from NVC to San Antonio, TX. In January (After 6 months approx) I have received an interview notice for February the 7th. We had our files ready since July and our pictures and evidence of shared assets. When the date finally came, I still have no idea how it happened but somehow we both thought it was the 9th, We didn't even check the letter to verify the date until the night of the 8th when we are preparing ourselves and packing for the trip.

We both were shook, after all how would a person miss such an important date???? First thing we did in the morning at 7:59 was to call the USCIS because there was no number listed for the local office, after spending a night of reading posts where cases are marked as abandoned/ denied when no show for interview. 

Now that they have tier 2 and tier 1 call center customer service for the USCIS, The lady we spoke was tier 1 and wouldn't transfer us to an officer and she had no clue what to say or do. 

She finally said a lot of crying and pleading, that she was gonna put a request for reschedule (usually you can only put this request 2 days or more BEFORE the interview not when you didn't show up). I read a post here that someone got denied for being late 4 hours, and had to see a lawyer (It is also mentioned on the USCIS website).

The lady said the request would take 15 days to be assigned to an officer and another 30 days to get a response, which in case of approval it is at the discretion of the local office to pick when this interview would take place. Also informed me that even If I go I won't be admitted in without a valid date on the appointment letter.

So I went on and drove 3 hours to San Antonio to the USCIS on Friday, I just needed someone to tell me that I won't be denied or put as abandoned, I needed a little hope! After I got there the officer wouldn't let us in because the Interview letter had an old date, we explained what happened, and after some crying he let us in and pointed us to a lady officer. 

The Lady was super nice and told us it was nothing and it happens all the time also informed us that we did good by calling right after to schedule and that all we needed is a valid reason for not showing up. She had me write a letter to the scheduling clerk and took my number and DL. also told me that she would have got us interviewed if she didn't have an important appointment and also There is no interviews on Fridays. but she gave us reassurance.

3 weeks later I could not stand not hearing anything and did an INFOPASS appointment and went there again, hoping 

we would get in for an interview... Long story short we drove 7 hours round-trip for nothing because the moment we headed home we found an appointment letter for the 20th of March!!!!

I made 4 copies of the interview letter, framed it in my office, put it everywhere on the house. Just to make sure we were not missing this one again. 

The appointment was the day before yesterday, The Officer was the nicest person on the planet, we felt like we were talking to a friend telling him funny stories about our marriage and life here rather than speaking to a federal officer, He asked me all those questions about terrorism and criminal record, than asked to keep joint assets proof, then told me I was approved. Like I said it was fast and fun! He kept asking us if we would like to ask him any questions over and over and explained everything in detail also gave me information about future process and what to do if I wanted to apply for citizenship in the future!! It was a good experience all in all.

Moral of this long story!!!! READ YOUR DATES OVER AND OVER AND OVER LOL.

Timeline
20 hours ago, kris.n said:

Thanks! Although I never really went to see a civil surgeon. When I applied for AOS I just submitted the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet and did not receive any RFEs. Now the Interview Notice states you must bring a completed medical examination (Form-I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted). I figured since I've had the medical already and did not have issues submitting only the DS-3025 with I-485, I shouldn't really have any issues. I might be completely wrong and definitely risking an RFE this time, but all the info on the subject became too overwhelming at some point, so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Interview's next Thursday so it won't be too long!

Good luck on your interview, I did the same thing and didn't do any exams, they actually did not ask for it, the officer was looking at the AOS file the whole time. 

2 hours ago, MccSya said:

Hello All, 

I'm here to share with you what happened during the last couple of months regarding my AOS application/ interview, I hope it would be useful in case anyone encounters the same issue. 

I received my EAD in August 2017, Since July 8th My case was ready to be scheduled for an interview, The file was being sent from NVC to San Antonio, TX. In January (After 6 months approx) I have received an interview notice for February the 7th. We had our files ready since July and our pictures and evidence of shared assets. When the date finally came, I still have no idea how it happened but somehow we both thought it was the 9th, We didn't even check the letter to verify the date until the night of the 8th when we are preparing ourselves and packing for the trip.

We both were shook, after all how would a person miss such an important date???? First thing we did in the morning at 7:59 was to call the USCIS because there was no number listed for the local office, after spending a night of reading posts where cases are marked as abandoned/ denied when no show for interview. 

Now that they have tier 2 and tier 1 call center customer service for the USCIS, The lady we spoke was tier 1 and wouldn't transfer us to an officer and she had no clue what to say or do. 

She finally said a lot of crying and pleading, that she was gonna put a request for reschedule (usually you can only put this request 2 days or more BEFORE the interview not when you didn't show up). I read a post here that someone got denied for being late 4 hours, and had to see a lawyer (It is also mentioned on the USCIS website).

The lady said the request would take 15 days to be assigned to an officer and another 30 days to get a response, which in case of approval it is at the discretion of the local office to pick when this interview would take place. Also informed me that even If I go I won't be admitted in without a valid date on the appointment letter.

So I went on and drove 3 hours to San Antonio to the USCIS on Friday, I just needed someone to tell me that I won't be denied or put as abandoned, I needed a little hope! After I got there the officer wouldn't let us in because the Interview letter had an old date, we explained what happened, and after some crying he let us in and pointed us to a lady officer. 

The Lady was super nice and told us it was nothing and it happens all the time also informed us that we did good by calling right after to schedule and that all we needed is a valid reason for not showing up. She had me write a letter to the scheduling clerk and took my number and DL. also told me that she would have got us interviewed if she didn't have an important appointment and also There is no interviews on Fridays. but she gave us reassurance.

3 weeks later I could not stand not hearing anything and did an INFOPASS appointment and went there again, hoping 

we would get in for an interview... Long story short we drove 7 hours round-trip for nothing because the moment we headed home we found an appointment letter for the 20th of March!!!!

I made 4 copies of the interview letter, framed it in my office, put it everywhere on the house. Just to make sure we were not missing this one again. 

The appointment was the day before yesterday, The Officer was the nicest person on the planet, we felt like we were talking to a friend telling him funny stories about our marriage and life here rather than speaking to a federal officer, He asked me all those questions about terrorism and criminal record, than asked to keep joint assets proof, then told me I was approved. Like I said it was fast and fun! He kept asking us if we would like to ask him any questions over and over and explained everything in detail also gave me information about future process and what to do if I wanted to apply for citizenship in the future!! It was a good experience all in all.

Moral of this long story!!!! READ YOUR DATES OVER AND OVER AND OVER LOL.

Wow that is an amazing experience but I'm sooo sorry you and your spouse went through that cause this process is stressful even when everything goes well!! My hair would have fallen out. Congrats! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.