Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

I had issues with my medical at the interview. Read my post above. In short, for whatever reason, it's probably at another office although my vaccination record is at my local office. It's ridiculous. But don't worry about doing the medical before the interview. If you need a new one, they will let you know at the interview and send you an RFE. No need to spend all that money beforehand. I only hope they haven't lost mine. 

I did read your post and it is beyond me why your medical would be kept separately from the rest of your file. I'm actually worried about the same thing happening to me, since I didn't get to directly submit the medical myself. Hopefully they'll track yours down, good luck and thanks for the advice :)

22 hours ago, KiTu said:

I was also (incorrectly) given the same advice as you were, about the medical.

in the i-693 instructions it states:

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693.

So in short, as long as you had your medical before you moved here and sent the vaccination sheet and medical report in with Your I-485 you are fine. The only time the medical expires is if you have NOT sent it in within a year of the medical having been carried out.

I checked this BEFORE we sent in the AOS and AFTER the person told me that I would have to get another one and I panicked 😬 so I am happy to save you that same panic!

Thaank you! I've been reading about this for months now and at some point the information just became so overwhelming as it seemed like everyone was reading the instructions differently. So I really do appreciate the clear answer! :)

3 hours ago, kris.n said:

I did read your post and it is beyond me why your medical would be kept separately from the rest of your file. I'm actually worried about the same thing happening to me, since I didn't get to directly submit the medical myself. Hopefully they'll track yours down, good luck and thanks for the advice :)

What boggles my mind is that the marriage certificate wasn't in the file either! I have no idea idea how that's possible. I'm thinking now that the IO might have been wrong though. From what I understand, since it came on a K-1 visa, I only need the DS-3025 and there was a copy of it in the file. I'm reading through i-693 and it looks like it can be filled out by a civil surgeon only and if don't need to see a civil surgeon since I already had a medical back home. I wish I knew all that so that I could tell the officer. He commented on us adjusting from a K-1 and it seemed like that's not common for him to deal with. I'm wondering if there's any value in contacting USCIS or my local office? 

This still doesn't explain why parts of my file are at a different office though. It's a mystery. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Well, Its finally over.  With a May 18, 2017 PD, my marriage based AOS petition was approved February 27, 2018 and card mailed on March 2, 2018.  

08/13/2005     Married USC

05/08/2017     mailed I-130 / I-485 / I-864 / I-765 / I-131

05/16/2017     Case accepted and routed to NBC

05/22/2017     4 NOA1's arrive in the mail

05/27/2017     Biometrics appointment letter arrives in the mail

06/07/2017     Biometrics complete

06/12/2017     Requested expedited EAD

06/15/2017     EAD approved

06/22/2017     EAD/AP arrived in mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

We had our interview on 2/26 and were told by the IO that she would need to review the file. We received an RFE yesterday, date 03/01 for a new medical form.

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
54 minutes ago, J91939 said:

286 days later... Still no sign of interview :(

293 days, 2 SR’s and 2 calls to tier 2 later..... :(:(:(

Called once and raised the first SR.

The IO told me my case was at my local office.

First SR was ignored so I called again and asked WHERE my case is and I was told it’s still at the NBC (who to believe???) raised my second SR 19 days ago online and still it has not been assigned..

K1:

Posted: 11/01/2016

NOA1: 11/07/2016

NOA2: 01/23/2017

NVC Received: 01/30/2017

Case Assigned: 02/06/2017

Left NVC: 02/06/2017

Consulate Received: 02/13/2017

'Packet 3' Received: 02/16/2017

Interview: 03/16/2017

Visa Received: 03/27/2017

Entry: 04/28/2017

Marriage: 05/05/2017

AOS:

Posted: 05/11/2017

NOA1: 05/15/2017

Biometrics: 06/07/2017

EAD SR1: 07/31/17 - Received response 08/28/17 stating under review.
EAD SR2: 08/29/17 - No response
EAD SR3: 09/06/17. Received response 09/07/17 stating under review.

EAD Card in Production: 09/19/2017

EAD Card Mailed: 09/21/2017

EAD Card Received:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, KiTu said:

First SR was ignored so I called again and asked WHERE my case is and I was told it’s still at the NBC (who to believe???) raised my second SR 19 days ago online and still it has not been assigned..

I'm slowly losing hope. It surely feels like my application has fallen into some sort of black hole. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

As am I. The only purpose of my SRs is purely to find out WHERE exactly my case is but it seems I can’t even get that far 🙄 which then makes me worry that it has got lost and they are just avoiding telling me as much..

K1:

Posted: 11/01/2016

NOA1: 11/07/2016

NOA2: 01/23/2017

NVC Received: 01/30/2017

Case Assigned: 02/06/2017

Left NVC: 02/06/2017

Consulate Received: 02/13/2017

'Packet 3' Received: 02/16/2017

Interview: 03/16/2017

Visa Received: 03/27/2017

Entry: 04/28/2017

Marriage: 05/05/2017

AOS:

Posted: 05/11/2017

NOA1: 05/15/2017

Biometrics: 06/07/2017

EAD SR1: 07/31/17 - Received response 08/28/17 stating under review.
EAD SR2: 08/29/17 - No response
EAD SR3: 09/06/17. Received response 09/07/17 stating under review.

EAD Card in Production: 09/19/2017

EAD Card Mailed: 09/21/2017

EAD Card Received:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 2:44 PM, Orangesapples said:

When was your medical? 

December 22nd 2016...she entered on Feb 10 2017 and we submitted with our I-485 and they received that on May 01 2017. There appears that during that process there was a new form that specifically has a check box for Gonorrhea Screening results. Anyway, in South Florida it appears to be 300 to walk in the door of the Civil Surgeon. 

Edited by Troy P
Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Timeline
21 hours ago, KiTu said:

18 hours ago, J91939 said:

I'm slowly losing hope. It surely feels like my application has fallen into some sort of black hole. :(

How long have you both been waiting? Depending on your local office you might not be out of processing time. Also, each and every case is unique and that's why the processing time may not mean that much.

But, let me tell you, it just takes a long time. It seems like the customer representatives are there only to give you some generic answers, but you'll have to wait anyway. What might help is contacting your congressman and the ombudsman. 

In my case, it took more than 300 days just to get my EAD. I don't have a GC yet.

Edited by AskerBRfromAZ

Timeline
7 hours ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

How long have you both been waiting? Depending on your local office you might not be out of processing time. Also, each and every case is unique and that's why the processing time may not mean that much.

But, let me tell you, it just takes a long time. It seems like the customer representatives are there only to give you some generic answers, but you'll have to wait anyway. What might help is contacting your congressman and the ombudsman. 

In my case, it took more than 300 days just to get my EAD. I don't have a GC yet.

I'm not outside processing time yet. The interview notice is supposed to be coming at any minute now, but it sounds outrageous to wait 10 months and nothing yet. I check everyday hoping that I'll finally get an interview date, but every time I see that nothing's changed I just feel like nothing ever will change. It's just an extremely frustrating experience :(

16 hours ago, Troy P said:

December 22nd 2016...she entered on Feb 10 2017 and we submitted with our I-485 and they received that on May 01 2017. There appears that during that process there was a new form that specifically has a check box for Gonorrhea Screening results. Anyway, in South Florida it appears to be 300 to walk in the door of the Civil Surgeon. 

That's so expensive. So you need to redo the whole medical because of the gonorrhea screening only? I had my medical in October 2016 and I actually did have a gonorrhea test and I think they had just started to require it, those in September didn't need to have it. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Timeline
4 hours ago, J91939 said:

I'm not outside processing time yet. The interview notice is supposed to be coming at any minute now, but it sounds outrageous to wait 10 months and nothing yet. I check everyday hoping that I'll finally get an interview date, but every time I see that nothing's changed I just feel like nothing ever will change. It's just an extremely frustrating experience :(

I understand and sometimes feel the same. But you are close to the end of it all. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.