Shokra

Knightsbridge (London) - Nightmare

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Frustrated w/ Knightsbridge - Medical (London)

Must admit, Knightsbridge has to be the MOST frustrating and stressfull part of our entire K-1 process to date! 
We have been very precised with dotting our "i's" and crossing our "t's".  Every bit of information provided by the US Embassy overview and steps, the medical PDF file in details of who what when and where, etc. have all stated the exact same details of "what to bring".

We completed our DS-160, scheduled the medical, paid the visa fees & carrier service, and schedule the interview to be 2 weeks from the medical - HURRAY!  It's almost over.... NOT!!!!
We received a confirmation email from Knightsbridge with a list of "What to bring to your medical" and there are 3 - 4 items listed that are NOT listed any where in any of the documents we received from the Embassy, neither of their websites, NOR the link provided in the Knightsbridge email.

Slamming into Brick Walls here:
6.  A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category
- Never have we received anything from the NVC - They received our K1 03/20/2017, forwarded to Embassy 03/23/2017, Embassy received 03/27/2017
- Called NVC requesting a document with our details and case # on it.   They informed me that NVC does not process K1's but they would put in a request to send me a document w/ NO ETA on how long before its mailed.
- Called Knightsbridge they state its mandatory and I can't do the medical without it and to call the Embassy
- Called the Embassy, the switchboard operator states:  They do not take calls and to submit an online inquiry, turn around reply time is 5 - 10 business days - REPLY time?!
His medical exam is scheduled for 04/28/2017

7.  Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing.  You may ask your GP for a “Patient Summary”, or access this yourself under “Patient Access”.
- The GP is unbelievable - It takes a week between asking anything to get a reply.  We have been working on getting them to print out his vaccination records now for over a month.  We rang them up today requesting a "Patient Summary" and they state we have to submit it in writing and it will take 2 weeks.  2 WEEKS .... seriously? It's not his entire medical history we informed them of this, its just a 1 page summary.
- I rang Knightsbridge back and got the same thing it's mandatory, the exam results will not be sent to the Embassy without it.  She also stated it should only take them 24 - 48 hours to generate the "Patient Summary".
- Called GP back, submit in writing and wait 2 weeks
Seriously - Why!?!  Why are these documents being requested when they aren't even on the list from the Embassy and surely WE canNOT be the only ones going through this.

I'm about to pull my hair out.... Does anyone have any suggestions?! PLEASE - other than reschedule both the medical and interview

Thanks for your time and help

Knightsbridge email document requirements:
Please follow this link; where you can download a PDF document which outlines the medical, maps, and questionnaire.
You are required to bring the following for each person having a medical examination:
1.  Passport or UK Driving Licence (photo card not paper licence) We do NOT accept copies of ID
2.  4 X Identical Passport sized photo UK or US style (we will accept UK or US sized photographs)
3.  ACRO Police certificate (or a copy) dated within 12 months for anyone 16 years of age & over (if your police certificate is more than a page long please advise Knightsbridge Doctors ahead of your medical as you may need additional time with the Doctor, if you fail to tell us ahead of time you may be asked to come back to go over this for an additional fee).
4.  Vaccination records- Please provide a vaccination record for the panel to look over on the day to advise if any further vaccines are needed.
5.  Completed medical questionnaire (from the US Embassy link above) must fill out FULL UK address. Please also bring along FULL US intended address
6.  A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category
7.  Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing.  You may ask your GP for a “Patient Summary”, or access this yourself under “Patient Access”.
Please DO NOT email or forward any medical information in prior to your medical, it will not be reviewed before your medical appointment.
8. If you wear glasses or contact lenses please bring them along to the appointment

Edited by Shokra

12/01/2016 – Petition mailed
12/02/2016 – Petition received
12/07/2016 – NOA1 (text/email)
12/09/2016 – NOA1 (hard copy)
03/13/2017 – NOA2 (text/email) 102 days
03/16/2017 – NOA2 (hard copy)
03/23/2017 – NVC Received
03/31/2017 – US Embassy Received
04/18/2017 – DS-160 – Done
04/19/2017 – Visa Paid £217.30
04/19/2017 – Carrier Paid £18.00
04/24/2017 – NVC (hard copy)
04/28/2017 – Knightsbridge – Bentinck Mansions £290
05/12/2017 – Embassy Interview (Knightsbridge error cause delay)
05/22/2017 – Embassy (approved)
06/21/2017 – Arrived @ POE (Newark)
08/03/2017 – AoS mailed ($1140 & $85)
08/07/2017 – AoS received 
08/15/2017 – NOA1 – AoS Biometrics, Work Authorization & Travel Document
08/21/2017 – AoS, Work & Travel (hard copy)
09/05/2017 – AoS RFE (case status)
09/08/2017 – Biometrics (done)
09/18/2017 – RFE Received (text/email)
11/03/2017 – NOA2 – Work Authorization, Travel Document (text/email)
11/10/2017 – NOA2 – Work Authorization, Travel Document (hard copy)
11/20/2017 - EAD combo card (hard copy)
01/19/2018 - Change of Address (submitted)
02/05/2018 - Changed off Address (accepted/hard copy)
03/22/2018 - NOA2 AoS/Interview (Case Status)
03/28/2018 - NOA2 AoS/Interview (hard copy) 237 days
04/30/2018 - Interview Date @ 0800
04/30/2018 - RFE Received (Knightsbridge Error: Incomplete medical)
05/19/2018 - RFE Mailed (New Medical) $225
05/21/2018 - RFE (delivered w/ sign confirmation)
06/01/2018 - Green card received (mail) and e-Notifications

uk and usa.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC should have sent you a hard copy showing your case number when they forwarded it to the embassy.

USCIS only processes the I-129f from NOA1 to NOA2, then it goes to NVC, then the embassy.

The NOA2 may say "Approved, now going to embassy listed" but it always always always goes to NVC first.

And I don't think any US embassy site ever is in perfect sync with the requirements needed for the medical. These are country specific things but all embassy's tell you things needed that aren't or don't tell you about things needed.

Happened to us as well about medical in Philippines, they wanted copy of the NVC case letter and luckily I was able to email a copy of it I had on my phone cause I was in Canada at the time, and they accepted it; avoided a possible delay on our end. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

NVC should have sent you a hard copy showing your case number when they forwarded it to the embassy.

As I stated above the NVC never sent anything - NOT an email and definitely NOT anything in the post

USCIS only processes the I-129f from NOA1 to NOA2, then it goes to NVC, then the embassy.

The NOA2 may say "Approved, now going to embassy listed" but it always always always goes to NVC first.

I'm aware that the USCIS doesn't handle the case any further once it is passed off to the NVC - I rang the NVC and that is how I obtained my LND Case #.  Everything I received from our case once its arrived at the NVC was verbal from the NVC.  We where able to pull status of our case online to see when it was sent to the Embassy and when the Embassy processed it.  Still to this day have not received anything from either the NVC nor the Embassy via email or post about our case at all

And I don't think any US embassy site ever is in perfect sync with the requirements needed for the medical. These are country specific things but all embassy's tell you things needed that aren't or don't tell you about things needed.

Well it's not just the US Embassy site that isn't sync'd its the Knightsbridge medical doctors site as well.  Nether, as I mentioned, are stating what the email states.

Happened to us as well about medical in Philippines, they wanted copy of the NVC case letter and luckily I was able to email a copy of it I had on my phone cause I was in Canada at the time, and they accepted it; avoided a possible delay on our end. 

Any suggestions?

uk and usa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The notification from NVC goes to the US fiancé and says we forwarded your case. It has the LND number on it.

The embassy sends a letter of instruction to the UK fiancé. It also has the LND number on it and a copy of the approved petition. Perhaps you got out of sync with the system by making the phone request for LND and booking things before London acknowledged your case as received. They won't send another if it wasn't received.

How about your status checker thing. CEAC. Print off something that shows your LND. Knightsbridge just wants to make sure you didn't write it down wrong over the phone. They will accept that status printout. 

Get a medical report that only includes specific serious illnesses or conditions or things you take meds for. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure. Things they ask about on the questionnaire that you might say yes to. If you have never had anything wrong, they won't really need any info. Be sure and tell the person reviewing your shots that you had chickenpox so you skip varicella shot.

Be be aware they will try to trick you into saying you have used drugs...even one time 10 years ago, like it is no big deal. It is.

Get your needed shots before you go to the medical or pay for them there. They act like you don't need them now. You don't but if you get signed off now, you skip a lot of hassle and expense of a civil surgeon in the US. Believe me, Knightsbridge do not know the AOS rules. If it's not marked on your Knightsbridge immunisation form, you will pay a civil surgeon to do a new sheet. You can not send anything from your GP with your AOS.  IMPORTANT: ask them to make a note on page two of your immunisation form that you have received all the shots needed for AOS. They will not mark  a K1's form as "complete" in the results section, even if you are, but they will make a comment on page 2 if you ask.

Post further questions in the UK regional forum if you want to know London specific info. This stuff is talked about pretty often. 

Edited by Wuozopo

2 hours ago, Shokra said:

Frustrated w/ Knightsbridge - Medical (London)

Must admit, Knightsbridge has to be the MOST frustrating and stressfull part of our entire K-1 process to date! 
We have been very precised with dotting our "i's" and crossing our "t's".  Every bit of information provided by the US Embassy overview and steps, the medical PDF file in details of who what when and where, etc. have all stated the exact same details of "what to bring".

We completed our DS-160, scheduled the medical, paid the visa fees & carrier service, and schedule the interview to be 2 weeks from the medical - HURRAY!  It's almost over.... NOT!!!!
We received a confirmation email from Knightsbridge with a list of "What to bring to your medical" and there are 3 - 4 items listed that are NOT listed any where in any of the documents we received from the Embassy, neither of their websites, NOR the link provided in the Knightsbridge email.

Slamming into Brick Walls here:
- Never have we received anything from the NVC - They received our K1 03/20/2017, forwarded to Embassy 03/23/2017, Embassy received 03/27/2017
- Called NVC requesting a document with our details and case # on it.   They informed me that NVC does not process K1's but they would put in a request to send me a document w/ NO ETA on how long before its mailed.
- Called Knightsbridge they state its mandatory and I can't do the medical without it and to call the Embassy
- Called the Embassy, the switchboard operator states:  They do not take calls and to submit an online inquiry, turn around reply time is 5 - 10 business days - REPLY time?!
His medical exam is scheduled for 04/28/2017

- The GP is unbelievable - It takes a week between asking anything to get a reply.  We have been working on getting them to print out his vaccination records now for over a month.  We rang them up today requesting a "Patient Summary" and they state we have to submit it in writing and it will take 2 weeks.  2 WEEKS .... seriously? It's not his entire medical history we informed them of this, its just a 1 page summary.
- I rang Knightsbridge back and got the same thing it's mandatory, the exam results will not be sent to the Embassy without it.  She also stated it should only take them 24 - 48 hours to generate the "Patient Summary".
- Called GP back, submit in writing and wait 2 weeks
Seriously - Why!?!  Why are these documents being requested when they aren't even on the list from the Embassy and surely WE canNOT be the only ones going through this.

I'm about to pull my hair out.... Does anyone have any suggestions?! PLEASE - other than reschedule both the medical and interview

Thanks for your time and help

Knightsbridge email document requirements:
Please follow this link; where you can download a PDF document which outlines the medical, maps, and questionnaire.
You are required to bring the following for each person having a medical examination:
1.  Passport or UK Driving Licence (photo card not paper licence) We do NOT accept copies of ID
2.  4 X Identical Passport sized photo UK or US style (we will accept UK or US sized photographs)
3.  ACRO Police certificate (or a copy) dated within 12 months for anyone 16 years of age & over (if your police certificate is more than a page long please advise Knightsbridge Doctors ahead of your medical as you may need additional time with the Doctor, if you fail to tell us ahead of time you may be asked to come back to go over this for an additional fee).
4.  Vaccination records- Please provide a vaccination record for the panel to look over on the day to advise if any further vaccines are needed.
5.  Completed medical questionnaire (from the US Embassy link above) must fill out FULL UK address. Please also bring along FULL US intended address
Please DO NOT email or forward any medical information in prior to your medical, it will not be reviewed before your medical appointment.
8. If you wear glasses or contact lenses please bring them along to the appointment

You have your case number yes? Enter it into the CEAC and see what it says - if it says 'ready'. Screenshot it and print it out. While the NVC is supposed to send a letter out to the USC, it doesn't always happen that way. In addition the UKC is supposed to receive a letter stating the embassy is ready for them (at least they used to), but in many cases this also doesn't show up. They have been known to accept a screenshot printout.

As for the GP: Do you have a history of any mental illness, serious injury, self harm, noticeable scars from complicated surgery, or treatments for serious ongoing conditions? If not a letter is not needed from the GP. What you do need though is a vaccination print out. Have you received all the required vaccinations?

The embassy doesn't respond to the telephone. You could try emailing them, but since you have the ability to make your own embassy appointment, you should have a confirmation printout of that. Don't take the Knightsbridge phone person to heart... you have options. Your main point of concern would be in dealing with your GP if you really need to and making sure you have completed your vaccinations before the medical (and that you have proof of obtaining them).

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the UK regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The notification from NVC goes to the US fiancé and says we forwarded your case. It has the LND number on it.

The embassy sends a letter of instruction to the UK fiancé. It also has the LND number on it and a copy of the approved petition. Perhaps you got out of sync with the system by making the phone request for LND and booking things before London acknowledged your case as received. They won't send another if it wasn't received.

How about your status checker thing. CEAC. Print off something that shows your LND. Knightsbridge just wants to make sure you didn't write it down wrong over the phone. They will accept that status printout. 

Get a medical report that only includes specific serious illnesses or conditions or things you take meds for. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure. Things they ask about on the questionnaire that you might say yes to. If you have never had anything wrong, they won't really need any info. Be sure and tell the person reviewing your shots that you had chickenpox so you skip varicella shot.

Be be aware they will try to trick you into saying you have used drugs...even one time 10 years ago, like it is no big deal. It is.

Get your needed shots before you go to the medical or pay for them there. They act like you don't need them now. You don't but if you get signed off now, you skip a lot of hassle and expense of a civil surgeon in the US. Believe me, Knightsbridge do not know the AOS rules. If it's not marked on your Knightsbridge immunisation form, you will pay a civil surgeon to do a new sheet. You can not send anything from your GP with your AOS.  IMPORTANT: ask them to make a note on page two of your immunisation form that you have received all the shots needed for AOS. They will not mark  a K1's form as "complete" in the results section, even if you are, but they will make a comment on page 2 if you ask.

Post further questions in the UK regional forum if you want to know London specific info. This stuff is talked about pretty often. 

They trick you into saying you've used drugs 

Timeline

I know I'm supposed to get a letter from the NVC stating my case number - my quarrel is I NEVER received it!

Again, as stated above and in the original post - We are aware a letter should have arrived; but like the NVC letter - BOTH are MIA!!!

According to the call we made to Knightsbridge:  The letter MUST have our names, DoB and LND Case #.  We have printed the CEAC it only shows a case # and status. 

According to the call we made to Knightsbridge:  This is a MUST and can be obtained by your GP, if you do not have it at time of the medical exam, we will hold your medical results from going to the Embassy until it has been submitted to us.

Thank you; but not worried about this one.

We have been working on this with his GP for close to 2 months now.  As we have given them the list of required vaccinations and asked for an entire vaccination record been generated, they gave us back 2 times a paper with 4 shots on it from only 10 years ago and said he's up to date and doesn't require any other shots.  Finally got the records with all childhood vaccinations and current - Why they just didn't generate that the first time I'd never know, they've had it in their system. 

17 hours ago, yuna628 said:

You have your case number yes? Enter it into the CEAC and see what it says - if it says 'ready'. Screenshot it and print it out. While the NVC is supposed to send a letter out to the USC, it doesn't always happen that way. In addition the UKC is supposed to receive a letter stating the embassy is ready for them (at least they used to), but in many cases this also doesn't show up. They have been known to accept a screenshot printout.

Yes, I've done what you've suggested, and hope it works - even though it is NOT what Knightsbridge is looking for.

As for the GP: Do you have a history of any mental illness, serious injury, self harm, noticeable scars from complicated surgery, or treatments for serious ongoing conditions? If not a letter is not needed from the GP. What you do need though is a vaccination print out. Have you received all the required vaccinations?

According to the call we made to Knightsbridge:  This is a MUST and can be obtained by your GP, if you do not have it at time of the medical exam, we will hold your medical results from going to the Embassy until it has been submitted to us.

The embassy doesn't respond to the telephone. You could try emailing them, but since you have the ability to make your own embassy appointment, you should have a confirmation printout of that. Don't take the Knightsbridge phone person to heart... you have options. Your main point of concern would be in dealing with your GP if you really need to and making sure you have completed your vaccinations before the medical (and that you have proof of obtaining them).

I do hope you are right and printed all the receipts, appointment confirmations (DS-160, Interview, Carrier, etc.).  I am praying that this ONE letter that both of us where supposed to receive isn't the cause of a LONGER delay; because after 10 long years - I'd really love to FINALLY bring him home!!!

Thank you for your suggestions, We pray that it works!

uk and usa.jpg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Shokra said:

I know I'm supposed to get a letter from the NVC stating my case number - my quarrel is I NEVER received it!

Again, as stated above and in the original post - We are aware a letter should have arrived; but like the NVC letter - BOTH are MIA!!!

According to the call we made to Knightsbridge:  The letter MUST have our names, DoB and LND Case #.  We have printed the CEAC it only shows a case # and status. 

Thank you; but not worried about this one.

We have been working on this with his GP for close to 2 months now.  As we have given them the list of required vaccinations and asked for an entire vaccination record been generated, they gave us back 2 times a paper with 4 shots on it from only 10 years ago and said he's up to date and doesn't require any other shots.  Finally got the records with all childhood vaccinations and current - Why they just didn't generate that the first time I'd never know, they've had it in their system. 

Yes, I've done what you've suggested, and hope it works - even though it is NOT what Knightsbridge is looking for.

I do hope you are right and printed all the receipts, appointment confirmations (DS-160, Interview, Carrier, etc.).  I am praying that this ONE letter that both of us where supposed to receive isn't the cause of a LONGER delay; because after 10 long years - I'd really love to FINALLY bring him home!!!

Thank you for your suggestions, We pray that it works!

It was just a summary of what happens for anybody in the same boat reading this. We are aware you missed two letters from two agencies.

The rest is simply from reading  many, many, many Knightsbridge experiences where "I did not get that letter and they will not issue another" worked or the CEAC printout was sufficient for them to double check the number.  

The exams held for more information from a GP have been ones where a person reported or exhibited high blood pressure, previous depression and meds, diabetes, knee surgery, asthma, skin cancer, etc.. Nobody I have ever read needed a report saying Mary had an ingrown toenail at age 12, catches a cold at least once a year, and had strep throat in 2009.  

Do do you also know there are only four immunisations  an adult needs to worry about documenting for immigration? You do not document the whole list. Flu will be waived because it's not flu season. Varicella will be waived if you tell them you had chickenpox. So you are left with only two to document.  Hopefully your last printout has record of two MMR and a tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or tetanus/diptheria in the last 10 years. 

OP: I don't really care what Knightsbridge told you on the phone, because they are notorious for saying all sorts of things. The people up at the desk routinely give false, misleading, and just plain wrong statements all the time. They've been known to be lazy about wanting to give out vaccinations and even filling out the forms incorrectly.;)

But we go by experience here, and what most of us have all experienced at Knightsbridge is that what the phone person says and what is actually needed is different. The letter from the NVC doesn't always arrive. This has been going on for some time, and Knightsbridge has been known to accept other methods of confirmation.

You only need a note from the GP under the specific circumstances I listed. No one will ask you for one, and they aren't going to hold it. If you do need a letter because of specific circumstances, that's the time you're going to have to fight the GP. And I know they can be a pain in the butt over there.  I'll give you an example: my husband once had a serious injury to his hand which required extensive reconstructive surgery. He brought a simple letter from his GP explaining that as he was concerned they'd ask him about his mobility and scarring. Nope. No one cared. Not one bit. They didn't want it at all.

Barring not needing a note, if you want to get around dealing with the GP entirely regarding vaccinations (and I'm not clear from what you've said if you've already received the required vaccinations or if you want to get them) - you've got a few options: You only need proof of a few vaccinations, and these can all be obtained from somewhere like Boots. Which will be far cheaper than getting them at Knightsbridge. Get the vaccinations at Boots, and make sure you get proof of them. If you have already received them from the GP recently, and have no proof... then you'll have to fight them for the list. But your other option is not to deal with the vaccinations part entirely, and seek out a US civil surgeon before you AOS.. get the vaccinations stateside (for a price) and go from there. MMR is two vaccinations that need to be spaced apart quite a few weeks (but you'll get a waiver if you've at least had one recently), and TD must be within ten years (it is not once in your life like I've seen many silly people try to pull - you must go by US standards). They will take your word on chicken pox, and I don't believe we're in flu season.

Really don't worry about the NVC letter, Some people never get them, some people get one every week, and some get them months and months after they are already sitting on a beach during their US honeymoon. The embassy letter could also be delayed and never arrive on occasion, but after they changed the system allowing you to make your own appointment you can print out your own confirmation.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, yuna628 said:

Really don't worry about the NVC letter, Some people never get them, some people get one every week, and some get them months and months after they are already sitting on a beach during their US honeymoon. The embassy letter could also be delayed and never arrive on occasion, but after they changed the system allowing you to make your own appointment you can print out your own confirmation.

We are going to take your word/experience on this and hope all goes smoothly this Friday.  We did print out the DS-160 confirmation (which has name, dob, passport# and case #, as well as the confirmation/receipt email that shows he paid the fees, set up the carrier and his appointment date, etc. on it.

The only thing weighing upon his mind now is, last year he thought he had a appendicitis; but it turned out to be diverticulitis.  He was treated and sent home, and to follow up if any other complications arose (after the colonoscopy and the initial follow up).  He's wondering if they would deny his medical for having diverticulitis - I've been trying to reassure him that its a "normal" sign/symptom of aging.  Age 40 - 5% population has it, by the age of 60 - 25% has it; but he will worry about it until the medial exam is over with :)

Thank you for helping and reassuring us and sharing your experience!

uk and usa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Shokra said:

We are going to take your word/experience on this and hope all goes smoothly this Friday.  We did print out the DS-160 confirmation (which has name, dob, passport# and case #, as well as the confirmation/receipt email that shows he paid the fees, set up the carrier and his appointment date, etc. on it.

The only thing weighing upon his mind now is, last year he thought he had a appendicitis; but it turned out to be diverticulitis.  He was treated and sent home, and to follow up if any other complications arose (after the colonoscopy and the initial follow up).  He's wondering if they would deny his medical for having diverticulitis - I've been trying to reassure him that its a "normal" sign/symptom of aging.  Age 40 - 5% population has it, by the age of 60 - 25% has it; but he will worry about it until the medial exam is over with :)

Good luck with the medical.  Please let us know how it pans out.  I will be curious to see if the confirmation page is enough as we will be scheduling the medical for my fiancé soon and would love to know a little more on what to expect!  Good luck again and hope for a quick and smooth approval for you guys!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

19 minutes ago, Shokra said:

No one gets denied for such things. :) The CEAC showing ready and the confirmation of your embassy appointment should be just fine.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Shokra said:

That is the kind of thing the clinic would want more information on if he discloses he had it. But no visa denial over it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.