8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BeatrixV said:

I hope it is just an error. Sucks we need to wait again for the letter though.... 

Definitely, you have been waiting even longer than we have been. Hopefully it is an error and your status updates to NOA2 approved before the second letter even arrives.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Just an update:

Had my interview at 12:30 today. Took 1.5 hours but about an hour of that was just waiting. That actually interview took about 4 minutes. We were approved.

Congratulations!!!  :)

5 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Had my interview at 12:30 today. Took 1.5 hours but about an hour of that was just waiting. That actually interview took about 4 minutes. We were approved.

can you write the questions they asked?

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Just an update:

Congrats from a fellow UKer!

• 04/11/2017 - I-129F Received - NOA1
  • 11/14/2017 - NOID
  • 12/05/2017 - Response to NOID received
  • 12/19/2017 - NOA2
  • 01/23/2018 - NVC received and given number
  • 02/01/2018 - Left NVC
  • 02/08/2018 - Consulate received
  • 02/12/2018 - Medical
  • 02/23/2018 - Interview - G22A: new passport requested due to name error
  • 06/03/2018 - New passport sent back to US Embassy
  • 14/03/2018 - Visa in hand
  • 15/03/2018 - POE (LAX, CA)

7 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Just an update:

Congratulations!!!! Must be such a relief! :) 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

can you write the questions they asked?

Yeah sure. It is important to note that the interview never felt like an interrogation. It felt more like a pleasant conversation to double check a few things. I was asked the following questions:

1.a) How do you two meet?

1.b) this was a follow up question: When she left the UK did she go back to Illinois?

2) How do you keep in touch?

3)What does she do and what do you do?

4) When do you plan to get married?

5) I see you have a cosponsor, what does he do?

That was it. What followed was a congratulations and that the visa and passport will be returned to me within two weeks. It really was a normal flowing conversation, unlike the rigidity that putting it in a list like above makes it seem to be.

Edited by Yu&M

1 minute ago, Yu&M said:

Yeah sure. It is important to note that the interview never felt like an interrogation. It felt more like a pleasant conversation to double check a few things. I was asked the following questions:

1.b) this was a follow up question: When she left the UK did she go back to Illinois?

3) When do you plan to get married?

4)I see you have a cosponsor, what does he do?

That was it. What followed was a congratulations and that the visa and passport will be returned to me within two weeks. It really was a normal flowing conversation, unlike the rigidity that putting it in a list like above makes it seem to be.

Thank you so much and congratulations!!!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

15 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Just an update:

Bloody well done!!!  LOL  Congratulations!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

4) When do you plan to get married?

5) I see you have a cosponsor, what does he do?

Thank you for posting this. I'm terrified of my interview and I always wonder how many people actually gets denied at the interview stage.. I'm just mainly worrying because we both been married before, not been together for more that a year and a half etc. But reading posts like this helps.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Thank you for posting this. I'm terrified of my interview and I always wonder how many people actually gets denied at the interview stage.. I'm just mainly worrying because we both been married before, not been together for more that a year and a half etc. But reading posts like this helps.

You really shouldn't worry. In actuality, denials are fairly rare. If one has the required documents and does not lie, one will be approved. They don't judge your past unless something criminal is there (then it might be complicated). 

Edited by Yu&M

1 minute ago, Yu&M said:

You really shouldn't worry. In actuality, denials are fairly really. If one has the required documents and does not lie, one will be approved. They don't judge your past unless something criminal is there (then it might be complicated). 

I thought I read that around 97% get approved.  The ones that don't usually have a good reason why the CO had questions.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I thought I read that around 97% get approved.  The ones that don't usually have a good reason why the CO had questions.

Yup that is right. In my post it should have read "fairly rare"... autocorrect changed it to "really".

Edited by Yu&M

3 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

You really shouldn't worry. In actuality, denials are fairly rare. If one has the required documents and does not lie, one will be approved. They don't judge your past unless something criminal is there (then it might be complicated). 

Thank you :) No nothing criminal at all. Just a divorce and a couple of name changes. Think its more in my head really, I'm not good at interviews and get really stressed out lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, BeatrixV said:

Oh I see... Hmm we haven't received it yet. They just mailed it yesterday. I'm thinking that it might be a mistake on their part, that they might have sent the RFE twice, cause prior to the arrival of the RFE mail, I sent an inquiry to USCIS about not receiving the RFE on time. They responded to that query on Sept. 22. By then, we have already received the mail and responded to first RFE

They mailed the first RFE on Sept. 6, we received it on Sept. 15 and they receieved the RFE, Sept. 22. Tricky part there is that they responded to my query and the RFE pack we sent on the same day... So I'm just really confused right now. 

Anyone here with the same situation?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=272386

Add that RFE info to your timeline if you can.

Sounds like they are just sending you a duplicate RFE since you called them about it. or it is an error.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, BeatrixV said:

Oh I see... Hmm we haven't received it yet. They just mailed it yesterday. I'm thinking that it might be a mistake on their part, that they might have sent the RFE twice, cause prior to the arrival of the RFE mail, I sent an inquiry to USCIS about not receiving the RFE on time. They responded to that query on Sept. 22. By then, we have already received the mail and responded to first RFE

They mailed the first RFE on Sept. 6, we received it on Sept. 15 and they receieved the RFE, Sept. 22. Tricky part there is that they responded to my query and the RFE pack we sent on the same day... So I'm just really confused right now. 

Anyone here with the same situation?

Probably a duplicate RFE..I received a second one after talking to a TIER 2 and I guess they put in a query even though it hadn't been mailed out yet...second copy never showed up so They must have caught it because they received my reply before it was printed and sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.