8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi everyone! We just received a second RFE.. what does this mean? They recieved our RFE file and are asking for further evidence. Could this just be an error? As from what I have read, they usually only give RFE once. Is it advisable to call USCIS about this? I am so worried I am panicking now! :( 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, Salty2305 said:

My case just changed to ready with NVC! Changed to in transit this morning and just checked now and I’m on ready. Can’t believe this is finally happening! 

Congratulations! :D

It moves fast now :yes:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, BeatrixV said:

Hi everyone! We just received a second RFE.. what does this mean? They recieved our RFE file and are asking for further evidence. Could this just be an error? As from what I have read, they usually only give RFE once. Is it advisable to call USCIS about this? I am so worried I am panicking now! :( 

Second RFE's are not unheard of, but normally they would be for a different thing they missed first time, I think.

Are they asking for the same evidence again? :huh: Then that sounds a bit odd, but better than a denial, so somehow a good thing.

And yes, you can always call them, though we all know they are not always that useful...

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

My case just changed to ready with NVC! Changed to in transit this morning and just checked now and I’m on ready. Can’t believe this is finally happening! 

Congratulations!!!  :) 

Timeline
Just now, Estibaliz said:

Second RFE's are not unheard of, but normally they would be for a different thing they missed first time, I think.

Are they asking for the same evidence again? :huh: Then that sounds a bit odd, but better than a denial, so somehow a good thing.

And yes, you can always call them, though we all know they are not always that useful...

Oh I see... Hmm we haven't received it yet. They just mailed it yesterday. I'm thinking that it might be a mistake on their part, that they might have sent the RFE twice, cause prior to the arrival of the RFE mail, I sent an inquiry to USCIS about not receiving the RFE on time. They responded to that query on Sept. 22. By then, we have already received the mail and responded to first RFE

They mailed the first RFE on Sept. 6, we received it on Sept. 15 and they receieved the RFE, Sept. 22. Tricky part there is that they responded to my query and the RFE pack we sent on the same day... So I'm just really confused right now. 

Anyone here with the same situation?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, BeatrixV said:

It is possible to get a second RFE. What was your first one about? How long ago did they receive your evidence?

Timeline
Just now, Yu&M said:

It is possible to get a second RFE. What was your first one about? How long ago did they receive your evidence?

The first one was about the statement of intent. It was his signature under my name. Along with a notarized copy of that with my signature, we also sent them further evidence of wedding plans, more engagement.. (meeting the family) pictures and photos that we took on his recent trip to visit me. They received the evidence, Sept. 22. mailed the second RFE Sept. 26

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, BeatrixV said:

The first one was about the statement of intent. It was his signature under my name. Along with a notarized copy of that with my signature, we also sent them further evidence of wedding plans, more engagement.. (meeting the family) pictures and photos that we took on his recent trip to visit me. They received the evidence, Sept. 22. mailed the second RFE Sept. 26

There is a chance they resent the 1st RFE on accident due to the inquiry. Left hand and Right hand might not have known what the other is doing. No sense worrying until you get the letter. When you get it if it is for the same thing give them a call and talk to tier 2 or whomever and figure out what to do.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, BeatrixV said:

Well that seems pretty straight forward. There is a possibility that it may be a notification error. If not, it must have been something they missed the first time. This rarely happens. This is not all bad news though, this means that they fully intend to approve your petition but realised something else is missing. Like @Estibaliz said, you should call and confirm that it is not a notice about your original RFE.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Yu&M said:

Well that seems pretty straight forward. There is a possibility that it may be a notification error. If not, it must have been something they missed the first time. This rarely happens. This is not all bad news though, this means that they fully intend to approve your petition but realised something else is missing. Like @Estibaliz said, you should call and confirm that it is not a notice about your original RFE.

That is what I thought too and what I have read about RFE's. YEs will call them now. Thanks for your response! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, CopperChem said:

There is a chance they resent the 1st RFE on accident due to the inquiry. Left hand and Right hand might not have known what the other is doing. No sense worrying until you get the letter. When you get it if it is for the same thing give them a call and talk to tier 2 or whomever and figure out what to do.

I hope it is just an error. Sucks we need to wait again for the letter though.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, BeatrixV said:

I hope it is just an error. Sucks we need to wait again for the letter though.... 

at least something is moving in your case! good luck!

Edited by CE and JR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.