8,297 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sallysyrup said:

Well have you gotten to tier 2 yet? I've called twice and i've been getting the same "february spiel". But they were able to try to get me to a tier 2 but i'm in the philippines right now, so i have no idea how they can call me back.

Yup we always get transferred to a tier 2. But its like they sit side by side and mouth words to eachother because its basically a repitition of words.

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, KeriAn said:

Yup we always get transferred to a tier 2. But its like they sit side by side and mouth words to eachother because its basically a repitition of words.

Oh cheese. How in the world would we know about ours then? No app update, no site update, no email, no rfe!!!, no txt/sms, no uscis phone call update at all! Everybody else who's gotten theirs early are just soooooo lucky. I'm really jealous right now lol

Edited by Sallysyrup

2 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Oh cheese. How in the world would we know about ours then? No app update, no site update, no email, no rfe!!!, no txt/sms, no uscis phone call update at all! Everybody else who's gotten theirs early are just soooooo lucky. I'm really jealous right now lol

Sorry to go slightly off topic, I know Kileen is a bit north of where Harvey hit but it is close enough for impacts.  I hope your fiancé is safe and I know Texas is in a lot of our prayers right now.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 8/27/2017 at 10:23 AM, JeniandMatt said:

Hang on there. We have the same Noa1 date and we just got approved 8/23 and we still haven't gotten our hard copy from the mail, we just knew it from the tracker and from my fiance calling USCIS. So maybe your approval is already in the mail too 😊

Hello!

This may be an obvious question, but the tracker is just the uscis website, right? Or is there a more detailed tracker..?

Thank you 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Sorry to go slightly off topic, I know Kileen is a bit north of where Harvey hit but it is close enough for impacts.  I hope your fiancé is safe and I know Texas is in a lot of our prayers right now.

Hi @John & Rose thank you for your kind words but luckily, I'm here in the philippines with my fiance. I'll be back in Killeen soon i guess, but I'm hoping to accompany him when he gets approved. I was scared too because my sister is in Killeen too,so it's nerve-racking. Thank you though. Please be safe as well, both you and your fiance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, fishereb said:

Hello!

This may be an obvious question, but the tracker is just the uscis website, right? Or is there a more detailed tracker..?

Thank you 

I think it just gets the info from the USCIS site. Whatever the case, it's not updating. We got our NOA 2 last week, in the mail. Yet, tracker and USCIS web site still says "case received".

K-1 Visa

04-06-2017  I-129F Sent to Dallas Lockbox

04-15-2017  NOA 1 Received by mail (Sent to California Service Center)

08-17-2017  NOA 2 Received by mail (124 LONG Days from NOA 1. Status NEVER changed on USCIS site)

09-01-7017  NVC Received, Case Number Assigned (Petitioner notified by email)

09-04-2017  Sydney Embassy Received Case

09-04-2017  Packet 3 Received (Petitioner Received email)

09-04-2017  Packet 3 Sent To Embassy

09-04-2017  Packet 4 Sent (Beneficiary Received email)

09-25-2017  Interview Date (APPROVED!!!!)

09-27-2017  VISA IN HAND!!!

12-18-2017  POE In Dallas

01-03-2018 Applied For Social Security Card

01-09-2018 Social Security Card In Hand

01-10-2018 Wedding!!!

AOS

01-13-2018 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

01-18-2018 RFE For Sending In Wrong Form (We Didn't. Called USCIS, their mistake. Resent Packet)

01-30-2018 NOA 1 Sent In New Medical Immediately Upon Receipt of NOA

03-09-2019 Green Card Received

07-11-2018 EAD/AP Approved

07-17-2018 Received EAD/AP Card

11-19-2018 Received Interview Date By Mail

12-20-2018 AOS Interview in Nashville. Need a new medical so, waiting for that.

Recieved RFE Because We Needed a New Medical. Not sure of exact date. But it was received a few months later.

03/05/2019 NOA Stating That Green Card Approved

03/05/2019 Green Card in Hand

6 minutes ago, Sallysyrup said:

Hi @John & Rose thank you for your kind words but luckily, I'm here in the philippines with my fiance. I'll be back in Killeen soon i guess, but I'm hoping to accompany him when he gets approved. I was scared too because my sister is in Killeen too,so it's nerve-racking. Thank you though. Please be safe as well, both you and your fiance.

Rose has a good friend in Houston.  The fire department came to evacuate them but the firemen ended up staying in their house because of a tornado warning.  I'm glad that part is over.  There are still forecasts for a lot of rain.  

I am leaving for Manila on Thursday.  It has been almost 5 months since I have seen Rose and the kids and the process has slowed enough that I had no choice.  I have also booked a trip for December.  As a June filer, I doubt if they will be able to come back with me by December but I am going to visit anyway.  This is a difficult journey at times but it is all worth it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 minutes ago, shawndee said:

I think it just gets the info from the USCIS site. Whatever the case, it's not updating. We got our NOA 2 last week, in the mail. Yet, tracker and USCIS web site still says "case received".

The "Timeline" here is based on members of the forum and their status.  I do not think the site's timelines are based on USCIS directly.  The tracker apps are all based on USCIS info but the search option helps see what is really going on.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The "Timeline" here is based on members of the forum and their status.  I do not think the site's timelines are based on USCIS directly.  The tracker apps are all based on USCIS info but the search option helps see what is really going on.

Right, I was referring to the tracker apps.

K-1 Visa

08-17-2017  NOA 2 Received by mail (124 LONG Days from NOA 1. Status NEVER changed on USCIS site)

01-10-2018 Wedding!!!

AOS

01-18-2018 RFE For Sending In Wrong Form (We Didn't. Called USCIS, their mistake. Resent Packet)

Recieved RFE Because We Needed a New Medical. Not sure of exact date. But it was received a few months later.

Just now, shawndee said:

Right, I was referring to the tracker apps.

The search function on the "Case Tracker" app is actually very helpful.  The rest, not so much.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Rose has a good friend in Houston.  The fire department came to evacuate them but the firemen ended up staying in their house because of a tornado warning.  I'm glad that part is over.  There are still forecasts for a lot of rain.  

I am leaving for Manila on Thursday.  It has been almost 5 months since I have seen Rose and the kids and the process has slowed enough that I had no choice.  I have also booked a trip for December.  As a June filer, I doubt if they will be able to come back with me by December but I am going to visit anyway.  This is a difficult journey at times but it is all worth it.

I have a friend in Houston too, and some parts of Texas close to Houston. I pray everything will be better in no time. I hope no one gets hurt at all.

So far there's no typhoon (here in the ph) because the last one just left. It's pretty ok here now, I've been here for quite awhile because my parents are here too. Yes I guess you could expect a little later than december when you get to take them with you. But we'll never know. It could be earlier. I hope you enjoy your stay in Manila. Spending time with your love one just eases everything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
18 minutes ago, shawndee said:

Okay, I am in Peru- unfortunately- I can't call the USCIS from here :|

The only option I have is to wait for my parents to receive it in the mail back in Virginia, right?

Edited by fishereb

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

The search function on the "Case Tracker" app is actually very helpful.  The rest, not so much.

Indeed. Although, I spent so much time obsessing over that thing (as I'm sure most of us do) only to get our NOA 2 in the mail with no notification or change in status on Case Tracker. Add that to the experiences on VJ of people being told that USCIS is working on Feb. cases only. It's frustrating.

K-1 Visa

01-10-2018 Wedding!!!

AOS

Timeline
3 minutes ago, fishereb said:

Okay, I am in Peru- unfortunately- I can't call the USCIS from here :|

The only option I have is to wait for my parents to receive it in the mail back in Virginia, right?

Maybe? I honestly don't know. Like I said, we got our NOA 2 in the mail with no update (even today, a week later) on the USCIS site. But, it seems some VJ members ARE having their cases updated on the USCIS site. So, I guess it's just a ####### shoot. It'll happen one way or another!

K-1 Visa

01-10-2018 Wedding!!!

AOS

1 minute ago, shawndee said:

Indeed. Although, I spent so much time obsessing over that thing (as I'm sure most of us do) only to get our NOA 2 in the mail with no notification or change in status on Case Tracker. Add that to the experiences on VJ of people being told that USCIS is working on Feb. cases only. It's frustrating.

Out of curiosity, what does it show now?  Did it ever update your status.  I hope we all obsess over the tracker only to find that it was already approved!!!  While the waiting sucks, at least you have NOA2 in hand.  I wish you smooth sailing going forward.  Congratulations.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.