dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2017

933 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

@Nutella Thanks ukhti. I truly appreciate it. I received your email and replied back :P Yes you're right, insha'Allah any day now.  You received the CC email on the 14th of March, so exactly one week. Insha'Allah you will receive your so soon. 

@Zebracakex Thank you dear. Insha'Allah we all will get an interview date scheduled so soon. To be honest I'm not quite sure what the hold up is. Looking back at other members who were from Cairo, it did not seem to take nearly as long. I do know we have two holidays coming up here in Egypt (Coptic Easter and Sinai Liberation Day - both governmental holidays), so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I'd think that at least they could begin scheduling for May a bit faster. Allahu Alim. 

Aww I didn't receive it 😔 keep your head up Hun insha'Allah it will be so soon!!! As always your in my duas xx

Just now, Nutella said:

Aww I didn't receive it 😔 keep your head up Hun insha'Allah it will be so soon!!! As always your in my duas xx

That's weird, I must be losing my mind. :bonk: Thanks dear. You too are in my constant duaa.  :wub:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zebracakex said:

You were one of those lucky ones who had May interview scheduled last week.

Good Luck to her with the medical and the interview :wub:

Thank you for the best wishes and hope you hear something soon.   We needed something to break our way because our scan date at NVC was Nov 18, 2016 and then our paperwork was from the sounds of it forgotten on a desk somewhere.  It wasn't until a nice red at NVC after many calls said something was not right and it was taking too long and he emailed his supervisor.  4 days later case closed... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

OMG what !! They told me they are still scheduling until mid next week. That's crazy.

I am going to follow up in the afternoon and let you guys know.

Yes please do call and let me know! 
Though I spoke to someone this morning and they told me that they are still scheduling for May!

Still hopeful :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Royo said:

Though I spoke to someone this morning and they told me that they are still scheduling for May!

Just called and was told no interview scheduled yet. They are still scheduling for May and to keep following up . 

Hopefully we should hear something tomorrow 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mjay said:

Seems we got same CC date, yayyy I have a twin. We are hopeful, maybe we will get a date in May for lagos

Hello Twinny lol. Fingers crossed and trusting God for a May interview date this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zebracakex said:

Just called and was told no interview scheduled yet. They are still scheduling for May and to keep following up . 

Thank god!

Sounds great. Wish you all the very best  too :) 
I'll call in an hour or so and will keep you posted. 

4 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

I called NVC about an hour ago (11:00pm EST).  Rep said that we have not been scheduled and they have not scheduled anything all week, and he's not sure if they will continue scheduling for the month of May. I was in complete shock to hear this. I told him that NVC didn't begin scheduling May until mid last week. He then said that they can fill up slots quickly. I told him that no one I know who's waiting for an interview to be scheduled since March from the Cairo US Embassy has gotten scheduled yet. He said that they schedule interviews globally and can not control what's available at an embassy level. I told him I understood that.. but I was told to call the first week of April to check and see if we've been scheduled (and now I'm being told that it's possible you won'r be scheduling any more). I realized it's no point to talk about it further and thanked him for his time and hung up. (I was cordial)

You know it's not the first time to be given contradicting information by a rep at NVC. I was told in March that we would get scheduled 'very fast... very soon', I was told two and a half weeks ago when they stopped scheduling April interviews, to actually call during the first week of April. So I'm not buying this ####### about them filling up slots quickly! So I will call Thursday night and see what answer I get. Also Monday I had called and asked if they were continuing to schedule for May and was told that they should continue up until the middle of the month, I was also told this yesterday (Tuesday); so I have not a clue to where this guy is getting this information. 

Thoughts anyone? 

1 hour ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I called NVC about an hour ago (11:00pm EST).  Rep said that we have not been scheduled and they have not scheduled anything all week, and he's not sure if they will continue scheduling for the month of May. I was in complete shock to hear this. I told him that NVC didn't begin scheduling May until mid last week. He then said that they can fill up slots quickly. I told him that no one I know who's waiting for an interview to be scheduled since March from the Cairo US Embassy has gotten scheduled yet. He said that they schedule interviews globally and can not control what's available at an embassy level. I told him I understood that.. but I was told to call the first week of April to check and see if we've been scheduled (and now I'm being told that it's possible you won'r be scheduling any more). I realized it's no point to talk about it further and thanked him for his time and hung up. (I was cordial)

You know it's not the first time to be given contradicting information by a rep at NVC. I was told in March that we would get scheduled 'very fast... very soon', I was told two and a half weeks ago when they stopped scheduling April interviews, to actually call during the first week of April. So I'm not buying this ####### about them filling up slots quickly! So I will call Thursday night and see what answer I get. Also Monday I had called and asked if they were continuing to schedule for May and was told that they should continue up until the middle of the month, I was also told this yesterday (Tuesday); so I have not a clue to where this guy is getting this information. 

Thoughts anyone? 

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family do not deserve to be waiting this long. There's definitely something not right going on here with all these conflicting information. Maybe the phone rep you talked to had the information all wrong, or maybe he was just giving a generic response. 

Have you tried calling Cairo US Embassy directly? I am not sure how the protocol for DIRECTLY contacting the embassy works, but in my case I was able to establish mutual email communication with Tokyo  US Embassy 10 days before my interview. They had emailed to remind me to bring original documents, and I replied with some other clarifications which they were very happy to answer. Maybe you can call up US Cairo Embassy and explain to them the weird situation, or maybe ask them if they had indeed finished scheduling all interviews

I hope for you to hear good news when you call back tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Stay strong and positive! 

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

12 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I called about 25 mins ago, I was told no interview scheduled for my husband yet. :( CC March 7. Feeling really down about it. 

cheer up, you'll definitely get interview schedule soon :) don't be so down, please be positive, sending you hugssss from the Philippines,

i know it's hard when we are missing our husbands, with the time difference and all, please bear in mind, each day means a day closer to be with them..

please hang on..

12 hours ago, Nutella said:

I did call before and got the same there's no way to tell! 😬 Still haven't received my CC email yet, il prob call late again lollll

good luck :) call and call and call :)  i haven't received any CC email yet as well :)  and no hard copy letter as well

we'd be more than happy to received an email that states our interview dates ;)

12 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

Same !!! I have not received that email either. I am going to call in a couple hours and update everyone. They make us wait for everything. How hard it is to schedule interviews :( I am so impatient.

:wub: please be patient :)

7 hours ago, Royo said:

i called last night, they said they will be scheduling this week up to next week, hoping we'd get interview the soonest

6 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Hello Twinny lol. Fingers crossed and trusting God for a May interview date this week.

yay, you also have a twin, i have someone who shares the same scan date and same CC date as well :) waiting for May interview also 

good luck to all of us :)

5 hours ago, Lucy2626 said:

Hello my scandate 12 january, ,how many weeks must I to wait for to receive my CC,? it s so long time, 

am so sorry to know that, please call them everyday (hopefully, each shift) hoping you could hear good news, please also ask them if they are reviewing your documents as of this moment.

good luck please be strong

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

1 hour ago, thegreatphoenix said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family do not deserve to be waiting this long. There's definitely something not right going on here with all these conflicting information. Maybe the phone rep you talked to had the information all wrong, or maybe he was just giving a generic response. 

Have you tried calling Cairo US Embassy directly? I am not sure how the protocol for DIRECTLY contacting the embassy works, but in my case I was able to establish mutual email communication with Tokyo  US Embassy 10 days before my interview. They had emailed to remind me to bring original documents, and I replied with some other clarifications which they were very happy to answer. Maybe you can call up US Cairo Embassy and explain to them the weird situation, or maybe ask them if they had indeed finished scheduling all interviews

I hope for you to hear good news when you call back tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Stay strong and positive! 

i'd try to call Manila Embassy now, thank you for your tip :)

ROC

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

N-400 Honolulu Office

2 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Thoughts anyone? 

so sorry to know that :( that's quite frustrating to know if true, but cheer up, they usually do that, different answers, please try to call again, for two times , to verify that statement, as per the agent i talked to last night, she said, it actually depends on the embassy where we are going to have an interview, as to how many  pending interviews they have, and how many cases were completed ahead of yours. i am praying you'd get your interview date the soonest, so you'd be reunited with your husband soon :) (usually, when i heard contradicting answers from reps, i keep on calling, say 4 times a day to know which is correct or which answer is more reliable 

i'd call again to check and have as much information i can.. wishing you all the best:wub:

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.