dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2017

933 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, thegreatphoenix said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family do not deserve to be waiting this long. There's definitely something not right going on here with all these conflicting information. Maybe the phone rep you talked to had the information all wrong, or maybe he was just giving a generic response. 

Have you tried calling Cairo US Embassy directly? I am not sure how the protocol for DIRECTLY contacting the embassy works, but in my case I was able to establish mutual email communication with Tokyo  US Embassy 10 days before my interview. They had emailed to remind me to bring original documents, and I replied with some other clarifications which they were very happy to answer. Maybe you can call up US Cairo Embassy and explain to them the weird situation, or maybe ask them if they had indeed finished scheduling all interviews

I hope for you to hear good news when you call back tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Stay strong and positive! 

42 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

so sorry to know that :( that's quite frustrating to know if true, but cheer up, they usually do that, different answers, please try to call again, for two times , to verify that statement, as per the agent i talked to last night, she said, it actually depends on the embassy where we are going to have an interview, as to how many  pending interviews they have, and how many cases were completed ahead of yours. i am praying you'd get your interview date the soonest, so you'd be reunited with your husband soon :) (usually, when i heard contradicting answers from reps, i keep on calling, say 4 times a day to know which is correct or which answer is more reliable 

i'd call again to check and have as much information i can.. wishing you all the best:wub:

@thegreatphoenix and @R and KJ Thank you so much for your encouragement. 

I will call today at least twice... maybe once mid morning and once later at night. The problem is I've been told multiple information. I've been told that they are still scheduling interviews and when I ask them specifically about the Cairo US Embassy, they say that they are still scheduling for May and have not been told any different. So when I called this last time, it just was a low blow. I know that the reps in many cases do not know what is what... that they are only giving information that is on their screen, but sometimes I wish they would leave it at just that, no need to give other information if they are not sure or not. 

I'll keep trying and I will try and call the US embassy here in Cairo. Thanks ladies so much for all your support. Much love to you. :wub:

52 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

@thegreatphoenix and @R and KJ Thank you so much for your encouragement. 

I will call today at least twice... maybe once mid morning and once later at night. The problem is I've been told multiple information. I've been told that they are still scheduling interviews and when I ask them specifically about the Cairo US Embassy, they say that they are still scheduling for May and have not been told any different. So when I called this last time, it just was a low blow. I know that the reps in many cases do not know what is what... that they are only giving information that is on their screen, but sometimes I wish they would leave it at just that, no need to give other information if they are not sure or not. 

I'll keep trying and I will try and call the US embassy here in Cairo. Thanks ladies so much for all your support. Much love to you. :wub:

i actually thought that rep who said they no longer give schedule is just confused :D perhaps she misheard and thought schedules for April :) kidding aside, i think she just made a mistake, as everyone of us who called, Rep said they haven't given any schedule yet or they are still scheduling except Royo's rep and yours, don't lose hope, :)  am sure they are giving your husband a best date for interview :wub:

you are most welcome :) we are blessed to have you as a co-member who uplifted our spirits when we are down too  :)

besides our husbands / wives, we have each other who has taught us a lot, given each other support, emotional boosters :) and  prayer warriors :)

let's all be positive, we all will be with our spouses the soonest

i've been praying so hard for all of us. God bless everyone.

praying for the representatives to give us light and not to give us wrong hopes/informations,

praying for the consuls, the embassy workers, medical doctors and each and everyone, may they all give us a smooth, speedy and hassle-free journey,

as waiting (when no one knows how long should we wait) is the most draining stage. :dance: :dancing: (L) (F) 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

1 hour ago, R and KJ said:

i actually thought that rep who said they no longer give schedule is just confused :D perhaps she misheard and thought schedules for April :) kidding aside, i think she just made a mistake, as everyone of us who called, Rep said they haven't given any schedule yet or they are still scheduling except Royo's rep and yours, don't lose hope, :)  am sure they are giving your husband a best date for interview :wub:

you are most welcome :) we are blessed to have you as a co-member who uplifted our spirits when we are down too  :)

besides our husbands / wives, we have each other who has taught us a lot, given each other support, emotional boosters :) and  prayer warriors :)

let's all be positive, we all will be with our spouses the soonest

i've been praying so hard for all of us. God bless everyone.

praying for the representatives to give us light and not to give us wrong hopes/informations,

praying for the consuls, the embassy workers, medical doctors and each and everyone, may they all give us a smooth, speedy and hassle-free journey,

as waiting (when no one knows how long should we wait) is the most draining stage. :dance: :dancing: (L) (F) 

Amen to all your prayers. :wub: Yes you are right, just have to stay positive, we've all made it this far. :star: I agree it is the waiting that's so draining. This is the most drained I've felt throughout the entire process. Looking at the bright side we're nearly finished. Thank you again for the breath of fresh air. (F)

I did call our embassy this morning and was told to have my husband email them since he's the visa applicant. He did, but all they said is our case is still at NVC awaiting to be scheduled :lol: Didn't provide any more information than that. So wait we will and I will call the NVC later today God Willing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Dear VJ family,

I have just received my CC confirmatory email. I will be calling the NVC today to inquire for appointment scheduling and I will provide their feedback.

CC: 30/03/2017 (3 N/As and phonecall to NVC for confirmation)

Email for CC: 06/04/2017

Fingers crossed for a timely interview scheduling...

Just now, penelope_Cy said:

Dear VJ family,

I have just received my CC confirmatory email. I will be calling the NVC today to inquire for appointment scheduling and I will provide their feedback.

Congratulations on your CC!! Whoo hoo :dance: hopefully you will get a May interview. :) 

46 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Amen to all your prayers. :wub: Yes you are right, just have to stay positive, we've all made it this far. :star: I agree it is the waiting that's so draining. This is the most drained I've felt throughout the entire process. Looking at the bright side we're nearly finished. Thank you again for the breath of fresh air. (F)

I did call our embassy this morning and was told to have my husband email them since he's the visa applicant. He did, but all they said is our case is still at NVC awaiting to be scheduled :lol: Didn't provide any more information than that. So wait we will and I will call the NVC later today God Willing.

Wow i commend your embassy, for replying so fast, i will try emailing them  too :dancing:. We will have it :) pretty sooooonnnn :) am hoping i'd be with my husband on our wedding anniversary :wub::wub:

30 minutes ago, penelope_Cy said:

Dear VJ family,

Wow great, we have the same date for completion, but i havent received any email yet :) good luck :) hoping you'd get May as interview date :) 

ROC

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

N-400 Honolulu Office

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
8 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

Wow i commend your embassy, for replying so fast, i will try emailing them  too :dancing:. We will have it :) pretty sooooonnnn :) am hoping i'd be with my husband on our wedding anniversary :wub::wub:

Wow great, we have the same date for completion, but i havent received any email yet :) good luck :) hoping you'd get May as interview date :) 

Ladies..I found triplets with the same CC!!

I actually recieved my email just now, it stated on there regardinh the new police report and that I'm in line for an interview! 

I pray we all get an interview soon!!!! 

Yay yay :dancing::dance: congratulations!!!! :wub:hoping you'd get interview the soonest :)

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

22 minutes ago, Nutella said:

Ladies..I found triplets with the same CC!!

I actually recieved my email just now, it stated on there regardinh the new police report and that I'm in line for an interview! 

I pray we all get an interview soon!!!! 

Yay, received email too confirmation that i am in line with interview, however, i will be checking my priority date, as i was kinda confused 

IMG_2260.JPG

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

Can somebody enlighten me about the visa bulletin, seems i couldnt get it

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

Can somebody enlighten me about the visa bulletin, seems i couldnt get it

You don't have to be concerned about the visa bulletin. That's for the NUMERICALLY LIMITED number of visas- IR1/CR1 has no such limitation and is always available.

16 minutes ago, mcgg said:

You don't have to be concerned about the visa bulletin. That's for the NUMERICALLY LIMITED number of visas- IR1/CR1 has no such limitation and is always available.

Wow thanks for your prompt reply, feel so anxious after reading it, when i called, the rep is so rude, keeps on interrupting my questions, and all i can say afterwards was, okay thank you and good day.

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, R and KJ said:

Wow thanks for your prompt reply, feel so anxious after reading it, when i called, the rep is so rude, keeps on interrupting my questions, and all i can say afterwards was, okay thank you and good day.

It's amazing how we all start as naive and novices at the beginning of the process and by the end of the process I am sure all of us can become immigration consultants!

18 minutes ago, mcgg said:

It's amazing how we all start as naive and novices at the beginning of the process and by the end of the process I am sure all of us can become immigration consultants!

I know!! Hahaha when i read your reply i was like, oh gosh, why do i have to react that way, am so glad, i have found this site. Thank you @mcgg:) 

ROC

N-400 Honolulu Office

40 minutes ago, mcgg said:

My husband and I always talk about how I can put my very stellar immigration packet organizational skills to good use and become an immigration consultant LOL :D 

20 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

I know!! Hahaha when i read your reply i was like, oh gosh, why do i have to react that way, am so glad, i have found this site. Thank you @mcgg:) 

Yeah I was kinda confused at first about that visa bulletin too. But I got so confused that I just ended up blocking it out of my mind on purpose as I didn't understand anything from their tables lol :D 

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.