CO did mot believe the relationship/marriage bonafide

on your part, they think evidences was staged by

overkill in info, its a high fraud embassy & much

more scrutnity in now in place . They made a decision

she should come & live with you for a yr or two then

re-petition you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Some hijack posts have been split from this thread, moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum, and given the topic title "Does It Really Take 2 Months for NVC Transfer to USCIS?  [split topic]."

The current thread is also moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The woman moving to be with him for over 6 months is a very bad idea because how do the woman prove financial support again we they petition again. That means she is going to be jobless and don't file tax and can't meet the affidavit of support. Visiting for few weeks on 2 or 3 trips will be good. It depends on the CO. Some have their wives visited only one time and yet they got approved. Just stay focus and wait to the documents get back to the uscis then you rebutt with evidence.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, bravagreen said:

The woman moving to be with him for over 6 months is a very bad idea because how do the woman prove financial support again we they petition again. That means she is going to be jobless and don't file tax and can't meet the affidavit of support. Visiting for few weeks on 2 or 3 trips will be good. It depends on the CO. Some have their wives visited only one time and yet they got approved. Just stay focus and wait to the documents get back to the uscis then you rebutt with evidence.

I'm trying so hard to stay focused but I keep hearing so much stuff that I don't know what to believe or do.   ,I hear the usics could just let it expire and never responded.  . I'm hearing that it could be 6 to 18 more months.  I wish it was that easy to just go there until it all over but I have small children and I work 2 job here...i swear I don't know why what too do.  .this is so painful 

9 hours ago, Cott789 said:

When you say Facebook chat is circumstantial, does the same apply to chat logs from WhatsApp or similar services? That is how most of us chat since international texting is limiting and costly.

I provided Facebook chat logs and our FB relationship status as part of my evidence, but it was only part of it and contributed along with flight itinerary, a letter explaining our timeline of our relationship, photos of us with family and on all our trips we took together etc.  Definitely incude the chat logs from whatsapp or similar but make sure its not the heaviest part of your proof.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Timeline
16 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Sorry to hear about your denial.

All you have mentioned is art work and video calls and Facebook. This is Africa and parental acceptance is vital to an approval. Did you submit pictures with your family, parents friends? All 3 visits showing difference venues. Or did you rely just on Facebook post. When they say fake or set up they are speaking to whoever but you are posting and interacting. I have had a few people get that noted in their denial that their Facebook was just created to appease immigration. Facebook you have friends, family to talk debate whatever. Not just I loves you's with just you two.

And the Facebook might be a sticking point because you didn't know. Remember you are married they expect you to know such things and not be blindsided at an interview.

Ghana is big on visits of long duration. When you have red flags like you do (the age no big deal) but a divorced woman with 3 kids is ages of maturity(well generally speaking) older. It's a big deal. They are approving a visa for you to  immigrate to a whole family not just her.

Me and my husband had red flags so I moved to Nigeria stayed from approval at USCIS to Visa in hand 6 months later. We also meet 6 months before we got married first visit. And this after I divorced my previous Nigerian husband 30 days prior to marriage. You have to do what's needed.

Unfortunately nothing you can do. You are in for quite a wait. People I am helping now had denials in January and February of 2015 just having interview. Expect now 18 months to even hear from USCIS. Keep the visits going.  And Ghana truly holds on to petitions usually 6 to 8 months before they ever even send them back. Then it will sit until reviewed for Revocation.

True dwheels they have sent my petition back nor has my senator contacted anyone. This is my second go around. We just gonna plan for moving next year. But most who have gotten through Ghana did their home work and were helped wives with process. You must remember your wife can do so much it's up to you to prove your relationship. My case is still at the embassy now. I'm thinking it will be there for awhile. Because I have file twice I think they are gonna hold on to for awhile. And you cannot withdraw a petition until it come back to the US. 

Timeline

I am sorry this is happening to you.  My husband was also denied at the Ghana embassy.  His case was sent back to USCIS (it took over a year for us to hear from USCIS).  

For our case, we were re-affirmed without being issued an NOIR (notice of intent to revoke).  Many are issued this NOIR, but we weren't, which I'm glad about.  When my husband was denied, the CO checked nothing on the checklist and did not give him a reason for the denial.

His case was sent back again to Ghana, and we are awaiting word for the second interview.  We are waiting now 3 months to hear anything from the embassy.  The NVC sent it there at the end of Dec. 2016.

I am sharing this to  to prepare you for a long wait now.  There really is nothing you can do except wait.  I agree with the other posters.  While Facebook may have played a small part in the denial, it's probably the quick courtship and wedding.  

Do not give up hope.  Stick together.  If you really love each other, you will get through it.  I sometimes think the embassy does this to see which couples will fall apart and prove their suspicions.  Of course, the ones that are not real will fall apart, but the real ones will stick through all this.  

Edited by lutz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, Cott789 said:

When you say Facebook chat is circumstantial, does the same apply to chat logs from WhatsApp or similar services? That is how most of us chat since international texting is limiting and costly.

It's all circumstantial and can hold little or no wait. Long as couples provide a combination of communication and consistency on stop of the #1 evidence of visits that's what the CO's want to see.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Cott789 said:

No I mean each others walls and public stuff

7 hours ago, Shawntina Sekyi A said:

I'm trying so hard to stay focused but I keep hearing so much stuff that I don't know what to believe or do.   ,I hear the usics could just let it expire and never responded.  . I'm hearing that it could be 6 to 18 more months.  I wish it was that easy to just go there until it all over but I have small children and I work 2 job here...i swear I don't know why what too do.  .this is so painful 

For a CR-1/IR-1, it will be sent back to NVC then USCIS, who will then send a NOID/NOIR. For a K-1 visa, they will just let it expire. Yes, it could be returned to NVC and USCIS for review in a few months, or it could take the better part of a year or two. Ghana tends to hold them for at least several months before sending it back to NVC, so I would err on the longer side of that estimate.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
15 hours ago, Joetan said:

I still believe its who you get to interview you I have seen people with less trips and evidence that was not to solid and they were approved. Over a three year period I visited my Husband 15 times staying week in half to 4 weeks at a time

Well I have been there 5 times also but I think its how they interview also. The guys cannot look for the approval of the CO they must know all about the wife and understand what is being asked of them. Sometimes they may need a translator. American English is totally different from European. I know my husband got trip on a question about What was the funniest thing your wife has done. He thought funny was in the since of peculiar. But, the issue is the wife doing most of the work on the process and the husband not taking time to study what the wife has sent also. Just think of the interview as job interview. You are trying to sell what you know about your wife. The knowledge of the wife cannot be more than the husband know both need to know the same. So my advice please make your spouse know how important it to study the I130 package continue chats with each other and visit as often you can. Even like D Wheels said maybe move then refile at the consulate. Remember its a two way street both has to have knowledge of the process not just one person. If I could do it all over again I would have waited to marry and file the K1. But you live and learn, I spoke with my senator also they look at the guys having a job and being able to comingle. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, bravagreen said:

I never said to live there 6 months. I went there to live there for 6 months because I was just laid off. With what I made my financials was more than enough. And the CO knew I was jobless and living there all that time and we were not even asked for a joint sponsor.

One thing I know is your showing 3 years of tax returns also shows your job history and income history. I can easily get a great paying job and they know it. Show income that's raising each other shows them and makes the government comfortable the immigrant won't be a public charge.

So bad advice NO. How can going to live with your spouse ever be bad advice? Married people live together as much as they can.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
11 hours ago, Shawntina Sekyi A said:

Your petition doesn't expire because it's a I-130. You are referring to I-129F(K1 folk) there petitions are sent back to sit and expire. So not to worry about that.

But you will be waiting 12 to 18 months that's how it is and has been.

Sorry I know it's devastating and a pain. But hang in there.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
11 hours ago, Shawntina Sekyi A said:

Spousal visas do not expire. So for the I-130 you are fine, it will not expire but a I-129 fiance petition will be allowed to purposely

expire without review. In some cases USCIS will not send a NOID/NOIR letter for rebuttal to the petitioner and that step is skipped,
they will forward it back to the embassy where they will determine to either hold a second interview or return the petition a

second time. The process is long yes, 18 -24 months.
The best thing is to accept what you can not change, live your lives and visit often. The hard part is not knowing where exactly

exactly your petition is when waiting in queue for the next step and you can contact your senator 3-6 month from now to inquire
if Ghana has returned the case or is still sitting on it and if they have not returned it request that they do return it through the senator's aid.

Every 3 months or so during the entire process the senator can check on your case status. They can't over rule it, may in some cases

cause it to be worked on a bit faster but mostly it has no influence except you know where your case is. (Embassy, NVC,USCIS

and back again). The worst you can do is obsess about the time table and get yourself all depressed.
Research and understand the process yourself so you won't be swayed by so and so that this and that....well research it for yourself,
there are many return/reaffirmation threads for reading available. If you know and understand the process it takes away

anxiety of the unknown. Educate and lead others with facts through the process and don't follow any given advice blindly.
Know the facts.
It took us 5 years, about 16 months in AP and a returned K1 to finally be together so I get it how hard it is.
You will survive and hopefully in 1 1/2 year you will be together. Collect every shred of relationship evidence, espsecially

from visits and communication for ongoing bona fide proof. Have daily skype cam chats. Stay connected.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline
5 hours ago, chris_trina said:

Well I have been there 5 times also but I think its how they interview also. The guys cannot look for the approval of the CO they must know all about the wife and understand what is being asked of them. Sometimes they may need a translator. American English is totally different from European. I know my husband got trip on a question about What was the funniest thing your wife has done. He thought funny was in the since of peculiar. But, the issue is the wife doing most of the work on the process and the husband not taking time to study what the wife has sent also. Just think of the interview as job interview. You are trying to sell what you know about your wife. The knowledge of the wife cannot be more than the husband know both need to know the same. So my advice please make your spouse know how important it to study the I130 package continue chats with each other and visit as often you can. Even like D Wheels said maybe move then refile at the consulate. Remember its a two way street both has to have knowledge of the process not just one person. If I could do it all over again I would have waited to marry and file the K1. But you live and learn, I spoke with my senator also they look at the guys having a job and being able to comingle. 

I agree with you when you stated the husbands need to do work to pass interview I know I had that issue with my spouse which caused us to bump heads because I felt like all the research and putting together of evidence was all on me. However moving to be with spouse for a lot of people I think may be a problem I know there have been lots of post with suggestion to move to spouse country I don't know if the facts of job security, incurred debt, and other obligations has been thought about. I cant speak for anyone else but I know I cant move  to Ghana my husband has live there his whole life and cant get a decent job for one and I have debt here that I could never pay living over there. my main goal would be for us to live in the USA as a family. I wonder how would that affect Affidavit of support?

Edited by Joetan
correction

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.