tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's sad to see Nebraska is getting worse.

VJ timeline now has an approximate date for November on mine. :ranting:

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

It's sad to see Nebraska is getting worse.

VJ timeline now has an approximate date for November on mine. :ranting:

A lot of people freaked out and tried to file before January 20th (I can't imagine why...) so everything everywhere seems to have slowed down.

On top of this normal immigration stuff, Trump is going to announce some changes to Cuba policy on Friday and some people are saying that he will be going back to the old limit of one family visit per year (pre-Obama). If it does turn out that way, I think I am going to stay with my husband in one of the Caribbean countries that lets him in visa free (probably Trinidad and Tobago and then we'd move around as tourist visas run out) until this whole process is over with.

I always wanted to be a digital nomad but not exactly what I had envisioned.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DiamondEyes490 said:

A lot of people freaked out and tried to file before January 20th (I can't imagine why...) so everything everywhere seems to have slowed down.

On top of this normal immigration stuff, Trump is going to announce some changes to Cuba policy on Friday and some people are saying that he will be going back to the old limit of one family visit per year (pre-Obama). If it does turn out that way, I think I am going to stay with my husband in one of the Caribbean countries that lets him in visa free (probably Trinidad and Tobago and then we'd move around as tourist visas run out) until this whole process is over with.

I always wanted to be a digital nomad but not exactly what I had envisioned.

It's like being in limbo with your life, very frustrating. 

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Hello everyone,

I filed a petition for my husband that is currently in Guatemala, my petition was sent to the Texas Service Center. Is it normal for it to go there if I am in California? Also, has anyone gotten any notifications? I've been stressing out because I noticed that California is currently processing January for citizens and their spouses, yet for some reason Texas has been stuck on September 2, 2016 for the past months. I also called and asked if I could transfer my case to California and they said yes, but my priority date would be as if I just sent it. Do you guys think it is smart or should I just wait? Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm just so worried especially since I can't even visit my husband due to family issues.

Edited by Katherine9829

7 hours ago, Katherine9829 said:

Hello everyone,

I filed a petition for my husband that is currently in Guatemala, my petition was sent to the Texas Service Center. Is it normal for it to go there if I am in California? Also, has anyone gotten any notifications? I've been stressing out because I noticed that California is currently processing January for citizens and their spouses, yet for some reason Texas has been stuck on September 2, 2016 for the past months. I also called and asked if I could transfer my case to California and they said yes, but my priority date would be as if I just sent it. Do you guys think it is smart or should I just wait? Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm just so worried especially since I can't even visit my husband due to family issues.

I have been through this process once before for a fiancee visa. Same postings on VJ, same frustration with USCIS.

Information on the USCIS website is never up-to-date. Once in awhile they move the dates, but what you see is not where they are at. They are most likely further ahead than that. You have to understand that there are thousands and thousands of petitions in the queue, on top of petitions for green cards and fiancee visas and family visas.  From the beginning you had to be ready for at least a six month wait from NOA1 to NOA2, plain and simple.

Also, try not to rely on the predictions for adjudication on VJ.  There is inadequate information to make the predictions statistically significant as there is too much reliance on members updating timelines accurately and timely.  My petition is in Potomac right now, where there are so few petitions that VJ doesn't even have enough data to project.  When I filed for a fiancee visa, I watched the VJ predictions swing back and forth  over a three month period.  I subscribed to a service that reported on case status by center so I could see who was getting on with their process.  All of this was great fun, and made for cool pie charts, but it meant nothing.  The minute you see the first petition approved with a date near, on or after yours,  your ears billow with smoke and you begin driving yourself nuts.

It is not worth the wondering why this process is so long, or why you are in Texas when you live in California. I am telling you if your petition has not been in the queue for six months, you need to park the frustration and wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, rmpiedra said:

You have to understand that there are thousands and thousands of petitions in the queue, on top of petitions for green cards and fiancee visas and family visas.  From the beginning you had to be ready for at least a six month wait from NOA1 to NOA2, plain and simple

Correct.  At the end of March 2017, there were more than 1,000,000  I-130 petitions pending  (waiting).

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, here we are again!  Nakia and I filed last year, before we got married, and were denied. We hired a lawyer and married November 14, 2016. We are now in the CR1 processing and have an NOA1 date of March 3. 

Ps. I can't change my timeline bc it still has my old K1 stuff and I can't edit. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! March 6 is my priority date, my case was send to TSC and I have noticed that the dates haven't changed for the last three months. The processing date for i130 is still in September 2,16 while CSC is already in January. Does anybody has an idea why? I am trying to be patient but I am also dying to have my husband with me already... 

I am glad i found this blog with other people in the same page as me

IMG_5077.PNG

Edited by LeslieR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/20/2017 at 11:06 AM, LeslieR said:

Hello everyone! March 6 is my priority date, my case was send to TSC and I have noticed that the dates haven't changed for the last three months. The processing date for i130 is still in September 2,16 while CSC is already in January. Does anybody has an idea why? I am trying to be patient but I am also dying to have my husband with me already... 

I am glad i found this blog with other people in the same page as me

IMG_5077.PNG

Hello LeslieR

we are on the same process . I filed on april 2017. Time goes by slow when you dont have your love one with around.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

VERY Important!! Please read this post. Could save you 11 weeks!! 

Hello, I know this is too early for you.. But after this long process you're going through, you'll have to start the NVC process.. Please open the following forum and bookmark it in your favorites (maybe create a bookmark folder called NVC).. Def want you to reference this when you reached the NVC stage of your processing.. 

I've created this because 1/3rd of our cases that are represented on our spreadsheet have received a checklist (it's like a RFE but for the NVC). Hopefully if you read this, it will reduce the chances of any of you from receiving one. Receiving a checklist can delay your case for 11 weeks (current processing time quoted by the NVC)..  

Good luck to you all!! Hope the above will help you.

Hang in there. I know it's a long journey ahead..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.