Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Did you click the check box beside your receipt number and click turn email notifications on?

yes both are  ON

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? California Service Center on 2017-03-07
Consulate :  
I-129F Sent : 2017-02-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-03-07
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-06-16
NVC Received : 2017-06-29
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-06-29
NVC Left : 2017-07-06
Consulate Received : 2017-07-12
Packet 3 Received : 2017-07-13
Packet 3 Sent : 2017-07-14
Packet 4 Received : 2017-07-20
Interview Date :

2017-08-17

Approved  2017-08-25

Flying  Sept 8th 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SChamb said:

Wow what gives.... i honestly expected to see a few get hit around my date and even my scan shows the same rfe from 3 weeks ago.... i relize lots ahead of me but i was hopeful....informed dilivery has blanked has so my app scans... even seeing what approvals and movement in the data here is dismal.... after being gone a week and hearing her ask did you really send it in...and one of her friends are april fliers and got thiers supposedly just made her question me more...oh well guess no option but deal with it... but its getting edgy feelings again....

I am a March 16th filer and I have yet to hear anything as well. If you call they give you a generic answer that they are only working cases from January. The apps and scans show a different story. Sad part is you don't know what to believe. I have resorted to contacting my senator because they need to be made aware that the cases are not being handled in the order they are received and they need to accurately update their website.  The agent even implied that the ppl that get approved and announce it on this site are lying to be patient and wait another 2 to 3 months. Write to your senator and see if something can be done. I wrote to two. I hope they can do something.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, FutureMrsBennett said:

I am a March 16th filer and I have yet to hear anything as well. If you call they give you a generic answer that they are only working cases from January. The apps and scans show a different story. Sad part is you don't know what to believe. I have resorted to contacting my senator because they need to be made aware that the cases are not being handled in the order they are received and they need to accurately update their website.  The agent even implied that the ppl that get approved and announce it on this site are lying to be patient and wait another 2 to 3 months. Write to your senator and see if something can be done. I wrote to two. I hope they can do something.

Yes i know her one friend has taken two of her friends for thier interviews and physicals and those two was jan and feb fliers and they have gotten thru the whole process... i realize its just luck supposedly...but i know its agravating.. and yes im sure even more so for you you are 8 days ahead of us.. i was just hoping to see a lot more movement...on a brighter note i did get to visit her this past week...i just know her tampo was up lolol 

20170710_114736.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes if you have ever called USCIS its like talking to a robot. They don't have a clue (which is the same as calling and talking to any government agency). I am going to write my senator today..its worth a try! 

35 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

I can truly say we have received our NOA2 (notice date 07/03 and hard copy received 07/08), and our NOA1 date was 03/28. Seems very unfair that others before us haven't been approved yet.

Yes that's very unfair but what can we do...nothing at all just continue 2 play play the waiting game 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SChamb said:

Yes i know her one friend has taken two of her friends for thier interviews and physicals and those two was jan and feb fliers and they have gotten thru the whole process... i realize its just luck supposedly...but i know its agravating.. and yes im sure even more so for you you are 8 days ahead of us.. i was just hoping to see a lot more movement...on a brighter note i did get to visit her this past week...i just know her tampo was up lolol 

20170710_114736.jpg

Nice!!! I am sure that helped being able to spend time with each other. I am not as fortunate with work and money. Going to Jamaica right now is not cheap.  I hope your case will be approved soon as all the other March filers. I am glad that you know of two personally that have been approved and if you write to your senator please let them know that because they are making it seem as though everyone else is giving false information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/8/2017 at 11:47 PM, Yzabelle said:

Is there a way to fight depression? :( I honestly don't know how to handle stressful things like this. :(( :(

Yes. Exercise!!! eat healthy, find some kind of hobby to keep you busy. I joined a fitness boot camp and have been focusing more on my gym routine to keep me busy and it helps massively with my depression and anxiety. I am clinically diagnosed with these things though, not just an issue from this process but this waiting and stress definitely heightens my anxious feelings. The only thing that helps me is exercising and keeping busy. I started going through all of my clothes and created an online store to sell my clothes. I've made a couple hundred bucks so far and it gives me something to stay busy! 

Don't worry, it will get easier. Just try to focus on something to keep your mind distracted from the process. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

5 hours ago, FutureMrsBennett said:

I didn't use a lawyer but wish I did. I am writing to my senator. I get upset over how so many ppl after my NOA1 has been approved or at least received a RFE. The USCIS said that the ppl on this site is lying, she even put me on hold to apparently call the California office, mind you she never allowed me to hear the alleged conversation. She can back on the line and said yes ma'am I am sorry but the California office is still working on January cases and for me to expect to wait 2 to 3 more months for a response and to not follow this site or the tracker apps because they are inaccurate. I was furious because I know they are lying. It is sooo frustrating.

Hi!  I am an April filer just lurking on this site seeing if things are moving along for the month before us.  I read your post and wanted to share my thoughts...  I could be totally wrong on this, but I wonder if yours is taking longer because your fiance is Jamaican and Jamaica has a high amount of fraud cases.  My fiance is Jamaican as well and we hired an attorney partly because of that reason.  I wanted to make sure we provided as much info as possible to make sure that are case looks as legit as it really is and there was nothing there to lead them to think it's not a real relationship.  It's really scary at times because our future is literally in someone else's hands.  Someone that doesn't know us, and will sit down with him for what, an hour at his interview?  Like I said, I am totally speculating on this.  BTW, where is your fiance from?  Mine is from Saint Mary's.  I love it there.  Heading back in a few weeks (you're right, it's REALLY expensive to travel there right now).  I wish you the best and I hope things move forward for you soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think its the country...mine is for Russia - not a high fraud country and its still taking longer than expected. California service center seems to be going really slow for some reason. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

They do about 50% of the cases within the time frame stated on visajourney. The rest go to the bottom of the pile it seems like. I have been waiting for 159 days and there are quite a few out with me at the 130-160 range now. It has nothing to do with country or if you used a lawyer or not. It's just random.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Hi!  I am an April filer just lurking on this site seeing if things are moving along for the month before us.  I read your post and wanted to share my thoughts...  I could be totally wrong on this, but I wonder if yours is taking longer because your fiance is Jamaican and Jamaica has a high amount of fraud cases.  My fiance is Jamaican as well and we hired an attorney partly because of that reason.  I wanted to make sure we provided as much info as possible to make sure that are case looks as legit as it really is and there was nothing there to lead them to think it's not a real relationship.  It's really scary at times because our future is literally in someone else's hands.  Someone that doesn't know us, and will sit down with him for what, an hour at his interview?  Like I said, I am totally speculating on this.  BTW, where is your fiance from?  Mine is from Saint Mary's.  I love it there.  Heading back in a few weeks (you're right, it's REALLY expensive to travel there right now).  I wish you the best and I hope things move forward for you soon!

Hello. Yes I believe this may play a major part in how the cases are being handled. I will attend his interview with him for that reason. I hate that a few have messed it up for many. I have got the senator involved and I pray he can make a difference. I am sure shedding this type of light on my case would show that it isn't a case of fraud. You should do the same. And he is in Montego Bay. I was going there often when the prices were lower. It has been 5 months since I've seen him so I need this process to start moving faster. I wish you all the best as well and I hope you bring this to your senators attention because they need to know what's happening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ran across some interesting numbers, not sure what they mean in totality but it is the statistics page from DHS.  Looks like the '98% approval" rate is a myth when you do the actual math on these.  Another myth is the change of administration has caused longer waits and greater disapprovals.  2016 refusals increased under the former administration.  

A couple of things stood out to me that I was not aware of.  The sheer number of K1's increased by a third from 2015 to 2016.  Another standout was the number of approvals with a waiver required for the approval.

Essentially, I don't mind the wait as much as I did before, as I can imagine working in a job that the volume increased by one third over last year and there wasn't any great influx of labor to accommodate the higher workload.

2016 total K1 petitions 60,895

38,403 approved plus another 12,364 eventually approved with waivers from the 22,492 that were initially refused.

After the dust settled, 10,128 remained refused

2015 total K1 petitions 43,898

30,947 approved plus another 6,995 eventually approved with waivers from the 12,951 that were initially refused.

After the dust settled, 5,956 remained refused

source: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/NIVWorkload/FY2016NIVWorkloadbyVisaCategory.pdf

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/NIVWorkload/FY2015NIVWorkloadbyVisaCategory.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
28 minutes ago, twinee said:

They do about 50% of the cases within the time frame stated on visajourney. The rest go to the bottom of the pile it seems like. I have been waiting for 159 days and there are quite a few out with me at the 130-160 range now. It has nothing to do with country or if you used a lawyer or not. It's just random.

I think it's a mix or randomness and some parts of the process, like background checks, taking longer for some people than others. That makes things seem unfair, but we can't really expect for them to have on hold all petitions before a certain one, just because that one is taking longer to check...

That's why I'm trying to mentally prepare in case that happens to our case too :(

Really hoping to see you with an approval in hand, along with other people from your month like my fellow Spaniard and janet13. :) (Yeah, stalker here :P).

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.