Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, BahamaIslander242 said:

Called NVC today and FINALLY got our case number after a "whopping" 20 day wait! I thought the long wait for NOA2 would've made me more patient....turns out that if anything it's made me even more anxious! lol I can really do without all the "not knowing". I think we're all looking forward to that moment when we're finally with our fiancés and can just look back at this year with a smile. Almost there guys and gals! ^_^

I know the feeling. 27 days after Noa2 before nvc received it..11 days later still says at nvc... I'm trying to keep calm and trust the Lord🙈😩😩

Edited by belle4310

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
13 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I am trying NVC again using 7 should I try 5 too I wonder?

Congrats on all the NOA2 approvals and NVC numbers :)

I would try 5 too :)

I tried all the options until I got my case number!

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

13 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I am trying NVC again using 7 should I try 5 too I wonder?

Congrats on all the NOA2 approvals and NVC numbers :)

I am getting discouraged again because so many with approvals after us have their number. Oh well. Anyway I called 7 again and nope nothing. I will try again on Monday I guess or not even bother anymore.

1 minute ago, Alysia&Luis said:

I would try 5 too :)

I tried all the options until I got my case number!

I am only Day 16 from approval anyway its not like I am far. Although people getting theirs after 6 days from approval is disheartening for someone like me but anyway. I won't call 5 that's only for electronic cases and someone here told me I wasn't because I did not fill out that gsomething form for notification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I am only Day 16 from approval anyway its not like I am far. Although people getting theirs after 6 days from approval is disheartening for someone like me but anyway. I won't call 5 that's only for electronic cases and someone here told me I wasn't because I did not fill out that gsomething form for notification.

I got mine on day 15 and know others with my NOA2 got theirs the previous day. You're right in the ballpark!! I decided to make my final call at 11PM eastern. They take calls until midnight, and there was no wait when I called at that time for my first attempt and my third and final try. I figure all the mail for the day has been delivered at that point, and they've done all of their work, so the chances of me calling too early on the day that it arrives and having to wait until the next day are slim to none.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
51 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I am getting discouraged again because so many with approvals after us have their number. Oh well. Anyway I called 7 again and nope nothing. I will try again on Monday I guess or not even bother anymore.

Do not get discouraged. You have to continue trying. I called yesterday but they did not have my case. I was planning on waiting until next week Tuesday but i decided to call few minutes ago and I got my NVC case number. 

Edited by Mattagba

K-1 Visa

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/29/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/17 - Check cashed

04/05/17 - NOA1
04/06/17 - NOA1 Text 
04/10/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
08/11/17 - NOA2 APPROVED

08/15/17 - NOA2 Text and Email
08/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
08/24/17 - NVC Received I-129F 
08/25/17 - Case Number Received

08/31/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

09/01/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
09/27/17 - Medical

10/06/17 - Interview - APPROVED 
10/11/17 - Visa Issued

10/16/17 - Visa in Hand

10/26/17 - POE - Atlanta 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Who Me???????   :D  (in my best Cary Grant voice from the movie His Girl Friday)

@Estibaliz says I'm special lol   Heck, I'm so annoying, uscis didn't want that case anywhere near their premises - they tossed it on the first truck outa there and said Good Riddance!  pretty sure they was afraid I'd keep calling as soon as my celebratory dance from the North shore to the South shore was finished.

In all seriousness, a huge load got to nvc yesterday, you should call like DKMFAN says close to 11pm est.  Both 5 and 7 because I'm sure I saw you on that truck!   Want me to call uscis for ya if it aint there?????

3 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Who Me???????   :D  (in my best Cary Grant voice from the movie His Girl Friday)

@Estibaliz says I'm special lol   Heck, I'm so annoying, uscis didn't want that case anywhere near their premises - they tossed it on the first truck outa there and said Good Riddance!  pretty sure they was afraid I'd keep calling as soon as my celebratory dance from the North shore to the South shore was finished.

In all seriousness, a huge load got to nvc yesterday, you should call like DKMFAN says close to 11pm est.  Both 5 and 7 because I'm sure I saw you on that truck!   Want me to call uscis for ya if it aint there?????

I am just gonna wait and hope we get notice from NVC in my fiance's email. *shrugs* I am not bothered anyway. I can't do an interview until 2nd or 3rd week in October at the earliest so honestly it does not even matter. I don't know why I am trying. I should be used to waiting by now. This coming Monday is my last day off for just over a month. I will be working every day from then on with no days off.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I am just gonna wait and hope we get notice from NVC in my fiance's email. *shrugs* I am not bothered anyway. I can't do an interview until 2nd or 3rd week in October at the earliest so honestly it does not even matter. I don't know why I am trying. I should be used to waiting by now. This coming Monday is my last day off for just over a month. I will be working every day from then on with no days off.

yep, join the crowd,  Gotta make money to pay for the privilege of interviewing, medical, clearances, airline tickets, hotels, etc, etc lol

This time next year....... I can't wait :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

oh lord, 

have just finished the ds-160 it took me soon long... you know why? because i used to be a cabin crew until last month and guess what I ve been over 48 times to the US and I have travelled soon many countries in the past 5 years:rolleyes: anyways I haven't put down all these trips and countries visited but I got crazy adding at least 10 for each question just to be on the safe side...i am mentally tired!

when do we have to submit the DS 160 ? when it says READY  at the embassy?

too much man , toooo much :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
14 minutes ago, piranda said:

oh lord, 

have just finished the ds-160 it took me soon long... you know why? because i used to be a cabin crew until last month and guess what I ve been over 48 times to the US and I have travelled soon many countries in the past 5 years:rolleyes: anyways I haven't put down all these trips and countries visited but I got crazy adding at least 10 for each question just to be on the safe side...i am mentally tired!

when do we have to submit the DS 160 ? when it says READY  at the embassy?

too much man , toooo much :blink:

i don't even know how to edit my own post ...

anyways wanted to add that on the DS 160 it asked me the USCIS no , NOT THE NEWLY RECEIVED NVC NO ...this is how is should be ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

so i think i may get something to happen now. The congressional office was able to finally get me assigned to an officer now. I called last week and they said i wasn't assigned. Now look at below. I believe i was able to get assigned by bypassing tier 2. The congressional liaison group was forced to assign me after congressional rep contacted them.

"Thank you for your August 23, 2017, inquiry on behalf of your constituent, Kyle, regarding the I-129F petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Your constituent’s case is pending review with an adjudications officer. Your constituent should receive a notice of action on his case within 30-45 days. Please contact us again if the timeframe has expired and the constituent has not received a notice of action* from USCIS. "

Maybe I'm just being hopeful and nothing happens.

Edited by falcao79

7 hours ago, pajobra said:

Ours was received 18 days after NOA2 notice and the number was created on day 24. So you're still good. 
No reason to be discouraged, just because others might have it quicker. 

@dkmfan85: I feel your pain with DS-160. That is weird. @Estibaliz might be right with the browser thing. Have you tried more different ones? I did mine on Chrome and had no issues at all. 

Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 1:04 AM, annachka said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it. :( 

Weirdly, even an RFE would be kinda nice to hear about... because then at least we'd know our files weren't lost or something, but I have to be careful what I wish for.

Here's hoping everything gets resolved soon for you and your petition gets approved!

Yeah you're right glad that our files weren't lost.

My fiancé already received what was our rfe all about. It said like this. Since we met in okcupid.

"That my fiancé need to submit a copy of the signed written consent Form that the international marriage broker (okcupid) obtained from the beneficiary, authorizing the release of her personal contact Information to him"
Because uscis told so that okcupid considered as international marriage broker as it is a business that charges fees for providing dating matrimonial, matchmaking services or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign nationals." 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.